Meatloaf with oatmeal is an easy and healthy recipe to make. The addition of oatmeal to the traditional meatloaf makes for a great revamp. It takes the same amount of time as the traditional meatloaf but it is just a bit better.
Did you guys know that meatloaf was very popular during the great American depression? It was cheap, could feed more people and be tasty as well. Simple meatloaf is delicious, if you add oatmeal to it, the taste and the health factor of the recipe increases to another level.
For preparing meatloaf with oatmeal, you need onion, oats, beef, eggs, milk, salt, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, pepper, ketchup, onion powder, yellow mustard, brown sugar. All you need to do is mix all the ingredients with beef. Then, bake it and serve.
This is the easy version of this recipe. I will be discussing the steps in detail for you. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Chicken Roulade– A roulade is a French technique where food is rolled up. Due to this technique, this recipe is filled with creamy and delicious flavors. In terms of looks, this recipe pleases your eyes as well.
2. Meatloaf Muffins– We have always tried different kinds of muffins and today; we are going to make something innovative. We are making Meatloaf Muffins today which are literally very tasty.
3. Venison (Deer) Meatloaf– This savory Venison Meatloaf recipe is delectably tender, perfectly seasoned, and lacquered in a rich and tangy sauce! This recipe will quickly become a favorite use of deer meat.
4. Kung Pao Chicken– Kung pao chicken is a highly addictive stir-fried chicken with the perfect combination of salty, sweet, and spicy flavor.
Meat Loaf with Oatmeal Recipe
- 1 cup Onion (chopped)
- ¾ cups Oats
- 2 pounds Beef
- 2 Eggs
- ¾ cup Milk
- 2 tablespoons Salt
- 1 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- ¼ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon Pepper
- ⅓ cup Ketchup
- ¼ teaspoon Onion powder
- 1 tablespoon Yellow Mustard
- 2 tablespoons Brown Sugar
- In a container, put in beef, oats, milk, onion, eggs, Worcestershire sauce, salt, garlic powder, pepper and onion powder together. Mix them well.
- Put this mixture in a pan and spread it evenly. In a bowl, take some ketchup, mustard and brown sugar and mix them to make the glaze.
- Put some glaze on the meatloaf. After that, bake it for 60 minutes. After that, take it out of the oven. Remove the grease, put the remaining glaze and put it back in the oven for 9 more minutes.
- Take it out and put it on the wire rack for 14-15 min. After that, slice it and serve it.