Meatloaf with oatmeal is an easy and healthy recipe to make. The addition of oatmeal to the traditional meatloaf calls for a great meal. It takes the same amount of time as the traditional meatloaf but it is just a bit better. Check out the complete recipe with us in this article.
Did you know that meatloaf was very popular during the great American depression? It was affordable, could feed more people, and be tasty as well. Simple meatloaf is delicious, if you add oatmeal to it, the taste and the health factor of the recipe increase to the next level.
For preparing meatloaf with oatmeal, you need onion, oats, beef, eggs, salt, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, pepper, ketchup, onion powder, and barbecue sauce. All you need to do is mix all the ingredients with beef. Then, bake it and serve.
This is the easy version of this recipe. Check out the detailed list of equipment, ingredients, calorific value, and instructions. Before you hop on the recipe, there are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Chicken Roulade– A roulade is a French technique where food is rolled up. Due to this technique, this recipe is filled with creamy and delicious flavors. In terms of looks, this recipe pleases your eyes as well.
2. Meatloaf Muffins– We have always tried different kinds of muffins and today; we are going to make something innovative. We are making Meatloaf Muffins today which are literally very tasty.
3. Venison (Deer) Meatloaf– This savory Venison Meatloaf recipe is delectably tender, perfectly seasoned, and lacquered in a rich and tangy sauce! This recipe will quickly become a favorite use of deer meat.
4. Kung Pao Chicken– Kung pao chicken is a highly addictive stir-fried chicken with the perfect combination of salty, sweet, and spicy flavors.
What's In The Post
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Meat Load With Oatmeal?
- Baking Tray – Use a baking tray to prepare the meatloaf.
- Bowl – Mere ground beef with all other elements in a bowl.
- Fork – Blend the mixture first with a fork and then mix it well with your hands.
- Oven – Bake the meatloaf in the oven. If you wish to cook the meatloaf using a gas hob, please do that.
- Spatula – Spread out the meat mixture on the baking tray with a spatula.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Meatloaf With Oatmeal?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||1 Hour 10 Minutes||1 Hour 20 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Meatloaf With Oatmeal?
- Ground Beef – Take a pound of ground beef to prepare the meatloaf with oatmeal.
- Worcestershire Sauce – Add a splash of Worcestershire sauce to the beef mixture. It will bring out umami flavors.
- Garlic Powder – Bring out an aromatic sharpness with a teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Oatmeal – Add half a cup of oatmeal to the beef mixture. It helps to keep the texture of meatloaf light and also retains moisture.
- Eggs – Two eggs will help in the proper binding of the beef and other elements.
- Yellow Onions – Finely chopped onions will bring out a savory blend to the meatloaf oatmeal.
- Salt – Add salt as per your taste.
- Black Pepper – Season the beef mixture with a teaspoon of black pepper.
- Ketchup – Balance the spice with a teaspoon of tomato ketchup.
- Barbecue Sauce – Spice up the mixture with a teaspoon of barbecue sauce.
Steps To Make Meatloaf With Oatmeal
Take a bowl to mix all the elements. Add ground beef, egg, yellow onions, oatmeal, salt, black pepper, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, barbecue sauce, and ketchup. Using your hands merge everything together and form a nice firm batter.
2. Time For Baking
Grease the baking tray with a tablespoon of olive oil nicely. Dump the beef mixture into the baking tray and spread it all over. Form the mixture in the shape of a meatloaf. Spread it out on the pan and make sure the edges are even. Drizzle a teaspoon of ketchup on the top for a juicy texture. Place the baking tray in the oven and cook the meatloaf with oatmeal for 50 minutes until it is browned and tender. Serve with your favorite salads or side dishes.
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
How Will Meatloaf With Oatmeal Look And Taste Like?
Meatloaf oatmeal is an authentic and classic dish prepared with ground beef blended with rich elements. The ground beef is baked to perfection. It is tender, juicy, and flavorful. Satiate your taste buds by preparing the meatloaf and oatmeal right in your kitchen.
Meatloaf With Oatmeal Recipe
- Baking Tray
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ cup Oatmeal
- 2 Eggs
- ½ cup Yellow Onions
- teaspoon Salt
- teaspoon Black Pepper
- teaspoon Ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Barbecue Sauce
- In a container, put in beef, oats, onion, eggs, Worcestershire sauce, salt, garlic powder, pepper and barbecue sauce. Mix them well.
- Put this mixture in a pan and spread it evenly. Pour a teaspoon of ketchup on the top and put some glaze on the meatloaf
- After that, bake it for 1 hour and take it out when the meatloaf is cooked.
- Take it out and put it on the wire rack for 14-15 min. After that, slice it and serve it.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What does adding oatmeal to meatloaf do?
Adding oatmeal to meatloaf improves the texture of the meatloaf and also retains moisture.
Do you cover meatloaf when baking?
Yes, you can cover the meatloaf with aluminum foil when baking. By covering it with a foil you can prepare the meatloaf on time.
Why does my meatloaf fall apart?
If your meatloaf starts falling off, it means the mixture doesn’t have enough binding elements added to it. Add an appropriate amount of eggs and breadcrumbs to make sure that meatloaf doesn’t fall apart.
What temperature do I cook meatloaf on?
The standard temperature for cooking meatloaf is 350°F.
Get your hands on meatloaf with oatmeal at home with us. Check out the details in the above article and let us know how it goes in the comment section below.