Meatloaf with oatmeal is an easy and healthy recipe to make. The addition of oatmeal to the traditional meatloaf makes for a great revamp to it. It takes the same amount of time as the traditional meatloaf but it is just a bit better.
Did you guys know that meatloaf was very popular during the great American depression? It was cheap, could feed more people and was tasty as well. Simple meatloaf is delicious, if you add oatmeal to it, the taste and the health factor of the recipe increases to another level.
For preparing meatloaf with oatmeal, you need onion, oats, beef, eggs, milk, salt, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, pepper, ketchup, onion powder, yellow mustard, brown sugar. All you need to do is mix all the ingredients with beef. Then, bake it and serve.
This is the easy version of this recipe. I will be discussing the steps in detail for you. But first, let’s check out all the ingredients you need for this recipe.
Meat Loaf with Oatmeal Recipe
- 1 Cup Onion
- ¾ Cups Oats
- 2 Pounds Beef
- 2 Eggs
- ¾ Cup Milk
- 2 tbsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- ¼ tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Pepper
- ⅓ Cup Ketchup
- ¼ tsp Onion powder
- 1 tbsp Yellow Mustard
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- In a container, put in beef, oats, milk, onion, eggs, Worcestershire sauce, salt, garlic powder, pepper and onion powder together and mix them well.
- Put this mixture in a pan and spread it evenly. In a bowl, take some ketchup, mustard and brown sugar and mix them to make the glaze.
- Put some of the glaze on the meatloaf and after that, bake it for 60 minutes. After that, take it out of the oven, remove the grease, put the remaining glaze and put it back in the oven for 9 more minutes.
- Take it out and put it on the wire rack for 14-15 min. After that, slice it and serve it.