A meatball is ground meat rolled into a small ball, along with other ingredients, usually breadcrumbs. Cooking meatballs with breadcrumbs is very common. But today, I am going to share a recipe for making meatballs without breadcrumbs, which are flavorful and super moist.
Meatballs without breadcrumbs are low carb, gluten-free, and one of my go-to supper. I love making these meatballs without breadcrumbs. It is just a hands-off cooking method that requires far less attention and vigilance. This recipe will work for meatballs made of ground pork, ground beef, ground Turkey, and lamb. But, I personally love mixing ground beef and ground lamb.
To make meatballs without breadcrumbs, add ground beef, ground lamb, onion powder, garlic powder, parsley, salt, pepper and egg in a bowl. Gently mix until well combined. Then, shape into meatballs. Place them in a lined baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes. But, if you want fried meatballs, then heat some oil in a skillet and fry the meatballs until browned.
In this article, I have mentioned a detailed recipe for making meatballs and sauce as well. So, the only thing you have to do is, scroll down to the recipe card and check out step-by-step instructions. But before you read out the entire recipe, check out other dishes from the starters section of our blog.
1. Paleo Chicken Soup– Paleo chicken soup is a delicious chicken soup and a brilliant immune booster. It’s loaded with nutrients from chicken, fresh veggies, and herbs. It’s flavored with salt and pepper seasoning along with ginger. It’s super healthy and easy to make.
2. Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings– Air fryer chicken tender has crispy tender chicken marinated in the mixture of Dijon mustard and mayonnaise. This crispy chicken has an outer layer of bread crumbs and grated cheese. It’s air-fried and served with lemon wedges and zucchini tomato orzo.
3. Air Fryer Chicken Tenders– Air fryer chicken tender has crispy tender chicken marinated in the mixture of Dijon mustard and mayonnaise. This crispy chicken has an outer layer of bread crumbs and grated cheese. It’s air-fried and served with lemon wedges and zucchini tomato orzo.
4. Smoked Shrimp– Smoked shrimp is an easy recipe to have delicious homemade shrimps. These shrimps are coated with an aromatic seasoning blend of garlic, salt, pepper, parsley, and many more. These shrimps are cooked in a smoker and braised with a flavorful lemon-butter mixture.
Meatballs Without Breadcrumbs
- I large Bowl
- 1 large Skillet
- Take a large bowl.
- Put ground beef, ground lamb in the bowl and use your hands to mix it.
- Now add onion powder, garlic powder, egg, cheese, salt and pepper. Gently mix until well combined.
- Shape mixture with greased hands into evenly sides meatballs, about 1¼-inches each.
For Baked Meatballs:
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- To make the meatballs in the oven, place them in a lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
For Fried Meatballs:
- Take a large skillet.
- Heat 2-3 tablespoon of oil at medium-high heat.
- Cook the meatballs in batches until browned on all sides for about 6-8 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together the sauce ingredients.
- Heat the sauce gently over medium-low heat.
- If the sauce seems too thick, add a tablespoon or two of water.