A meatball is ground meat rolled into a small ball, along with other ingredients, usually breadcrumbs. Cooking meatballs with breadcrumbs is very common. But today, I am going to share a recipe for making meatballs without breadcrumbs, which are flavorful and super moist.
Meatballs without breadcrumbs are low carb, gluten-free, and one of my go-to supper. I love making these meatballs without breadcrumbs. It is just a hands-off cooking method that requires far less attention and vigilance. This recipe will work for meatballs made of ground pork, ground beef, ground Turkey, and lamb. But, I personally love mixing ground beef and ground lamb.
To make meatballs without breadcrumbs, add ground beef, ground lamb, onion powder, garlic powder, parsley, salt, pepper and egg in a bowl. Gently mix until well combined. Then, shape into meatballs. Place them in a lined baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes. But, if you want fried meatballs, then heat some oil in a skillet and fry the meatballs until browned.
In this article, I have mentioned a detailed recipe for making meatballs and sauce as well. So, the only thing you have to do is, scroll down to the recipe card and check out step-by-step instructions.
Meatballs Without Breadcrumbs
- I large Bowl
- 1 large Skillet
- Take a large bowl.
- Put ground beef, ground lamb in the bowl and use your hands to mix it.
- Now add onion powder, garlic powder, egg, cheese, salt and pepper. Gently mix until well combined.
- Shape mixture with greased hands into evenly sides meatballs, about 1¼-inches each.
For Baked Meatballs:
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- To make the meatballs in the oven, place them in a lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
For Fried Meatballs:
- Take a large skillet.
- Heat 2-3 tablespoon of oil at medium-high heat.
- Cook the meatballs in batches until browned on all sides for about 6-8 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together the sauce ingredients.
- Heat the sauce gently over medium-low heat.
- If the sauce seems too thick, add a tablespoon or two of water.