Did you know that apart from burgers, McDonald’s has a separate McCafé menu that is loaded with refreshing coffee options? If not, then this article is for you. McDonald’s McCafé menu caters to the diverse preferences of coffee enthusiasts.
McDonald’s iced coffee appears to be a standout selection on McCafé menu. The sweet and crisp sip of iced coffee convinces you to hype up the coffee game. So without any further ado, save a trip to the drive-thru and make a knockoff McDonald’s iced coffee at home.
McDonald’s iced coffee is loved for its vanilla flavor and subtle coffee finish. This coffee treat at home requires just a handful of elements. All you need is ice cubes, brewed coffee, vanilla syrup, half and half, vanilla syrup, sugar, and water. Whisk in the ingredients, and the iced coffee will be ready.
No-fuss cooking or baking is involved in making this copycat iced coffee. Just infuse your coffee beans, stir in the other elements, and you are good to go! Follow the recipe guide to yield perfect flavors.
Prepare the knockoff version with a remarkable list of equipment, ingredients, instructions with images and video, and nutritional facts. Keep reading the article and seek out all the details.
Why Does McDonald’s Iced Coffee Taste So Good?
Have you ever tried McDonald’s iced coffee and thought that why it’s so much better than a regular iced coffee?
McDonald’s iced coffee tastes delectable because of the quality coffee beans used, the cold brewing method, and the refreshing flavors added.
The restaurant pays attention to enhancing the flavor profile and taste experience.
Moreover, steeping the ground coffee coarsely in cold water for an extended period makes McDonald’s iced coffee the best. This method extracts the flavors slowly, producing a smoother and less acidic taste than traditional hot brewing methods.
What Does McDonald’s Put In Their Iced Coffee?
The ingredients contributing to the flavors and consistency of McDonald’s iced coffee are Arabic coffee beans, cream, sugar syrup, and flavored syrup. These elements may vary in the regional outlets of McDonald’s as it is designed to be customizable.
McDonald’s allows you to substitute the ingredients per your taste preferences. Substitute elements will likely not affect the standard flavors of iced coffee.
Is This Iced Coffee Recipe The Same As McDonald’s?
Yes, this is the exact iced coffee recipe that McDonald’s uses.
McDonald’s Iced Coffee uses its specific coffee blend, brewing methods, and proprietary ingredients to achieve its distinctive taste and consistency. These details are closely guarded by the company and not disclosed. So, the homemade version of McDonald’s iced coffee can vary slightly from that of restaurant iced coffee.
Nevertheless, this homemade version of McDonald’s iced coffee allows you to customize the recipe to your preferences and enjoy an iced coffee that suits your taste buds. Follow the recipe guide to create a delicious iced coffee similar to McDonald’s Iced Coffee.
Equipment Required To Make McDonald’s Iced Coffee?
- Saucepan – Brew the ground coffee beans in a saucepan.
- Pitcher – Take a pitcher to stir in all the components.
- Glass – Serve the iced coffee by pouring it into the glass.
McDonald’s Iced Coffee Ingredients
- Brewed Coffee – Take half a cup of brewed coffee to make McDonald’s iced coffee.
- Heavy Cream – Add a quarter cup of heavy cream to the mixture.
- Sugar Syrup – Mix sugar with water to make sugar syrup and add it to the iced coffee mixture.
- Ice Cubes – For chilled iced coffee take ice cubes.
- Water – Make the iced coffee with water and a combination of milk and cream.
McDonald’s Iced Coffee Ingredients Substitutions
Some of the best McDonald’s ingredient substitutes are below.
- Cream – Instead of using cream for making iced coffee, you can use half and half. It is the best substitute for making homemade iced coffee.
- Brewed Coffee – Substitute the brewed coffee with ground coffee. Experiment with different coffee varieties to find your best fit.
- Sweetener – We used sugar syrup to add sweetness to the iced coffee. You can choose other sweetener alternatives like honey, stevia, or maple syrup.
What Brand Of Coffee Does McDonald’s Use For Their Iced Coffee?
McDonald’s uses Gavina coffee which is a coffee supplier chain.
The restaurant uses this coffee to make all the McCafé menu options. The supplier chain delivers 100% Arabic coffee beans.
What Sugar Syrup Does McDonald’s Use In Their Iced Coffee?
McDonald’s adds different types of sugar syrup to the beverages as per their flavors.
For example, McDonald’s uses Torani vanilla syrup in their vanilla iced coffee. In their mocha coffee, they use Monin gourmet syrups.
McDonald’s Iced Coffee Preparation Time
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||–||5 Minutes|
McDonald’s Iced Coffee Recipe Method
Step 1- For making homemade iced coffee, begin by adding ice cubes in the glass.
Step 2- Pour brewed coffee in the glass filled with ice cubes.
Step 3- Further, add sugar syrup as per your taste preference.
Step 4- Stir evenly and enjoy your McDonald’s iced coffee
McDonald’s Iced Coffee Recipe Video
Here is the recipe video of McDonald’s iced coffee that we’ve made at our kitchen.
Hacks To Make This McDonald’s Iced Coffee Better
Here are some of the best hacks to make McDonald’s iced coffee at home.
- Make a potent coffee concentrate by doubling the coffee grounds when brewing. This will ensure a bold and robust flavor that won’t get diluted when ice is added.
- Create your sweetener syrup by dissolving sugar in hot water and cooling it. This helps the sweetener blend evenly throughout the drink rather than settling at the bottom.
- Use a combination of milk and cream for a creamier and richer taste. Half milk and half cream (half-and-half). It enhances the overall creaminess of iced coffee.
- Add a splash of your favorite extract or syrup to elevate the flavor profile. A touch of vanilla extract or caramel syrup can give your iced coffee a delightful twist and a hint of sweetness.
- Keep your coffee, milk, and sweetener in the refrigerator beforehand. Using pre-chilled ingredients helps your iced coffee stay cold longer and prevents excessive ice melting, which can dilute the flavor.
- For an indulgent treat, top your iced coffee with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of cocoa powder or cinnamon. It adds a creamy and decadent touch, making your homemade iced coffee feel extra special.
How Will This McDonald’s Iced Coffee Look & Taste?
This McDonald’s iced coffee is refreshing and delicious. It is stronger than most Espresso drinks. The French vanilla flavor added to the coffee stands out.
Moreover, coffee beans are nicely brewed and infused with other components. The drink will look fresh and refreshing.
McDonald’s Iced Coffee Nutritional Values
What To Serve With This McDonald’s Iced Coffee?
McDonald’s Iced coffee pairs well with various food options. Check out some of the best options below.
- Baked Goods – McDonald’s iced coffee is well-paired with baked goods like cookies, brownies, cakes, or bread. It is a classic combination loved by all.
- Breakfast Sandwich – Pairing a breakfast sandwich with McDonald’s iced coffee is a substantial option. The savory flavors of the sandwich go well with the iced coffee’s coolness and caffeine kick.
- Yogurt Parfait – Create an excellent and light breakfast by pairing yogurt parfait with iced coffee. The pair brings out delightful flavors.
How To Store This McDonald’s Iced Coffee Recipe
To store homemade McDonald’s iced coffee, follow the steps below.
- Refrigerate Instantly – Place the jar of homemade McDonald’s iced coffee in the refrigerator. You can serve this iced coffee for up to 2-3 days.
- Airtight Container – Save McDonald’s iced coffee in an airtight container. You can serve the iced coffee for up to a day.
Other McDonald’s Coffee Recipes To Try
Incorporate restaurant-style beverages at home with us. Follow the above recipe guide and make an exact McDonald’s iced coffee.
Apart from this refreshing iced coffee, you can try some other best recipes like McDonald’s Mocha Frappe, McDonald’s Caramel Frappe, McDonald’s Chocolate Chip Frappe, and McDonald’s Oreo Caramel Frappe.
If you wish to check out a complete catalog of McDonald’s recipes, then click.
McDonald’s Iced Coffee Copycat Recipe
- ½ cup Arabic Beans
- ½ cup Heavy Cream
- 1 tablespoon Sugar Syrup
- ½ cup Ice Cubes
- ½ cup Water
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What does McDonald’s put in their iced coffee?
McDonald’s iced coffee is made with Arabica beans, flavored coffee syrup, half and half, sugar, and ice.
What syrup does McDonald’s use in coffee?
McDonald’s uses Torani vanilla syrup in its iced coffee.
Does Mcdonald’s iced coffee have milk?
McDonald’s iced coffee has a combination of milk and cream added with a cup of half and half.
What does McDonald’s iced coffee taste like?
McDonald’s iced coffee is stronger than Espresso drinks. This frozen iced coffee tastes like melted ice cream with crushed ice. All in all, it is delish and a must-have drink.
That’s all for today. Try this easy iced coffee recipe at home with our recipe guide. Share your tweaks and cooking experience with us in the comment section below. Your feedback is valuable for us!