Making holiday pie just like McDonald’s wasn’t easy until now, but I have a simplified recipe. Today in this post, I will share with you the secret recipe of McDonald’s holiday pie.
McDonald’s holiday pie isn’t available throughout the year, and they are very secretive about when they have them in their stock. So, I decided to make this tasty and delicious dessert at my home. After a ton of research and practice, I finally got the perfect recipe. So, let’s see how you can make this pie at your home.
McDonald’s holiday pie recipe has mainly 3 steps: making the crust, making filling and garnishing. First, make the crust by mixing flour, sugar, salt, and oil. Then, make the filling by mixing pudding mix, milk and yellow cake mix. Make rectangles from the dough and insert filling into them. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
I know you are getting excited about this recipe. So, I won’t waste more time and let’s jump to the detailed recipe. But before getting the instructions, check out our other copycat recipes below.
1. McDonald’s French Fries– Everyone loves McDonald’s french fries but do you know you can easily make those fries at home, even better than McDonald’s. So let’s see how what was the secret to my fries.
2. McDonald’s Caramel Frappe– This drink is made with a mix of rich caramel, coffee, milk, whipped cream, and ice. This frappe drink can be a refreshing drink for summers.
3. Popeyes Red Beans And Rice– These authentic red beans and rice are perfect for lunch. It is so creamy and flavourful in taste that you just have to try it once.
4. McDonald’s Caramel Frappe– This drink is made with a mix of rich caramel, coffee, milk, whipped cream, and ice. This frappe drink can be a refreshing drink for summers.
McDonald’s Holiday Pie Recipe
- Medium Bowl
- Small Dish
- 1 ½ cup Wholegrain Flour
- ½ cup Cooking Oil
- 1 ½ cups White Flour
- 180 ml Cold Water
- A pinch of Salt
- 2 tbsp Granulated Sugar
- 450 ml Skim Milk
- 1 Jell-O Instant Vanilla Mix
- ¼ cup Pillsbury Yellow Cake Mix
- ⅓ cup Jimmies Cake Sprinkles
For Garnishing Pastry
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 tbsp Cake of Sprinkles
To Make Crust
- First, add flour, sugar, and salt in a medium-sized bowl. Mix with a spoon.
- Place in freezer until it becomes cold, for about 1 hour.
- Take a small dish and put oil in it. Place it in a freezer while you preheat your oven nearly to 380oF.
- Now, add oil to the flour and stir constantly.
- At last, add water to make a smooth dough.
To Make Filling
- Take milk in another bowl and add pudding mix. Make sure you stir the milk while adding a pudding mix.
- At last, add the yellow cake mix. You can also add sprinkles if you are using them.
To Make McDonald’s Holiday Pies
- Roll your dough with the help of a rolling pin on a lightly floured surface. Try to roll the dough as thin as possible.
- When your dough becomes flat and uniform in thickness, cut the dough into rectangles. The rectangles should be twice as long as they are wide.
- Now, divide the rectangles into two piles to make the bottom and the top.
- Put the filling into the centre of each rectangle (make sure to leave a gap around the edges). Brush the edges with water so that edges will be properly sealed.
- Take another rectangle from your top pile and place it over the filling. Now, with the help of a fork, seal the edges and make a small hole in the top of each pie which helps to allow steam to vent and prevent the pie from spilling.
- Now, brush the top of the pie with a beaten egg and after that, dust with the sprinkles.
- At last, bake them on a baking sheet for almost 15-20 minutes or until they are golden brown.
Now, it’s your turn to make this delicious pie. Please share your experience and suggestions in the comment section below. Also, don’t hesitate to comment your queries. I’ll make sure to help you with the recipe. Till then, happy eating!