Making Holiday Pie just like McDonald’s wasn’t easy until now but I have a simplified recipe. Today in this post, I will share with you the secret recipe of McDonald’s Holiday Pie.
McDonald’s Holiday Pie isn’t available throughout the year and they are very secretive about when they have them in their stock. So I decided to make this tasty and delicious at my home. After a ton of research and practice, I finally got the perfect recipe. So let’s see how you can make this pie at your home.
Making McDonald’s Holiday Pie has mainly 3 steps: making the crust, making filling and garnishing. First make the crust by mixing flour, sugar, salt and oil. Then make the filling by mixing pudding mix, milk and yellow cake mix. Make rectangles from the dough and insert filling into them. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
I know you are getting excited about this recipe. So I won’t waste more time and let’s jump to the detailed recipe. But before jumping to the detailed recipe, let’s see the ingredients that you’ll need for making these pies.
Ingredients for McDonald’s Holiday Pie
For Make Crust:
- 1 1/2 cups of Wholegrain Flour
- 1/2 cup Cooking Oil
- 1 1/2 cups of White Flour
- 180 ml Cold Water
- 1 pinch of Salt
- 2 tbsp Granulated Sugar
- 450 ml Skim Milk
- 1 Jell-O instant Vanilla Mix
- 1/4 cup Pillsbury Yellow Cake Mix
- 1/3 cup Jimmies Cake Sprinkles
For Garnishing Pastry:
- 1 Large Egg (Beaten)
- 2 tbsp of Cake Sprinkles
For making the crust you can also use sunflower or vegetable oil instead of cooking oil. The above ingredients can be easily accessible in a nearby supermarket.
How Much Time It Will Take To Make McDonald’s Holiday Pie?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|20 mins||15 mins||35 mins|
You must be thinking it takes a lot of time to make a pie but not this time. This pie gets ready in less than 30 mins and only the baking process takes much of your time.
Steps to Make McDonald’s Holiday Pie
To Make Crust
- First, add flour, sugar and salt in a medium sized bowl. Mix with a spoon.
- Place in freezer until it becomes cold or for 1 hour.
- Take a small dish and put oil in it. Place it in a freezer while you preheat your oven nearly to 380 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Now add oil to the flour and stir constantly.
- At last add water to make a smooth dough.
To Make Filling
- Take milk in another bowl and add pudding mix. Make sure you stir the milk while adding pudding mix.
- At last add the yellow cake mix. You can also add sprinkles if you are using them.
To Make McDonald’s Holiday Pies
- Roll your dough with the help of a rolling pin on a lightly floured surface. Try to roll the dough as thin as possible.
- When your dough becomes flat and uniform in thickness, cut the dough into rectangles. The rectangles should be twice as long as they are wide.
- Now divide the rectangles into two piles to make the bottom and the top.
- Put the filling into the center of each rectangle (Make sure to leave a gap around the edges). Brush the edges with water so that edges will be properly sealed.
- Take another rectangle from your top pile and place it over the filling. Now with a help of a fork seal the edges and make a small hole in the top of each pie which helps to allow steam to vent and prevent the pie from spilling.
- Now brush the top of the pie with beaten egg and after that dust with the sprinkles.
- At last, bake them on a baking sheet for almost 15-20 minutes or until they are golden brown.
McDonald’s Holiday Pie is ready to serve!
Nutritional Breakdown of McDonald’s Holiday Pie
If you’re diet conscious like me, then make sure to check the below nutritional breakdown of this delicious pie.
How to Make McDonald’s Holiday Pie at Home | Video
Well rolling the pie can be a difficult task, so make sure to check out the below video if you’re having any doubt.
Now it’s your turn to make this delicious pie for your loved ones. Please share your experience and reviews in the comment section below. Keep checking and making more recipes from TheFoodXP.