McDonald’s is one of the most renowned fast food chains not just in the United States, but all over the world! This chain of fast-food restaurants is always on par with new trends and especially when it comes to holidays like Halloween. Hence, Boo Buckets are making a comeback to McDonald’s this Halloween!
For anyone who has been a die-hard fan of McDonald’s for a really long time, the Boo Buckets might not really be a new concept. Yes, these have been introduced many times before, with a lot of variations and changes in designs! They also did vanish in between, so the thought of these buckets or pails, as some call them, being relaunched may sound exciting, and it surely is!
McDonald’s launched their first Boo Buckets happy meal range for Halloween back in 1986. Ever since these happy meal toys were first launched, they have gone through a lot of development and were finally discontinued back in 2016. This year for Halloween, McDonald’s has launched them back with even cuter and (maybe)creepier designs.
These Halloween Boo Buckets were actually very popular, considering the fact that they were very unusual compared to the usual toys that McDonald’s had to offer over the years. Well, firstly, they are multipurpose, which itself puts them over the edge as compared to other toys!
But what is it about them that makes them so special? Are they available in different designs, and how can you grab one of these? Well, for that, read this article till the end to know everything about them!
The Evolution Of McDonald’s Boo Buckets
Well, as you all already know by now, these buckets were first launched way back in 1986. Back then, they were available in three different so-called patterns, but they all were the same orange color. Regardless of that, not just kids but even adults went crazy over these Halloween Happy Meal toys!
Who wouldn’t, though? Considering the fact that the pails or Boo Buckets could be used for Trick-or-Treating and could also be used to pot plants once Halloween was over! Talk about them being multipurpose! Over the years, the buckets went through some design developments, and soon, by 1990, they added a white ghost and green witch designs.
Ever since the buckets’ designs have been tweaked constantly; in fact, in 1992, they also added a cookie cutter to the buckets, which was quite interesting! Although regardless of how popular they were and the number of design changes that they went through, the Boo Buckets were discontinued in 2016.
This year, McDonald’s has relaunched these buckets with an even better look and an obviously elevated design. The new designs have three characters, which are an orange pumpkin, a white ghost, and a green witch, also fondly known as McPunk’n, McBoo, and McGoblin, respectively.
The newer designs have a much cleaner look as compared to the previous ones and also have special lids for each character that make them look even more interesting! I personally feel like not just kids but even adults would really love this new look of the Boo Buckets!
Where And When Can You Get Your Hands On These Boo Buckets?
I am sure that after reading everything that I mentioned above, many of you are probably wondering how to get one of these buckets. Whether it is for your child or for yourself (trust me, no one is judging), these Boo Buckets will be available at any local McDonald’s.
To get one of these, all you have to do is order a happy meal, with options like chicken nuggets, hamburgers, or cheeseburgers to choose from as the main meal.
With the happy meal, you will get one of these Boo Buckets as the toy, along with a side and a drink to enjoy. However, these will be available only from October 18th till 31st, so do grab one (or more) of them while they are around!
These Boo Buckets are also really popular over a long time and have a huge number of people who have been awaiting their release. So, the chances of McDonald’s running out of them are also quite high, so I would suggest getting them at the earliest.
How Much Would A Halloween Boo Bucket From McDonald’s Cost?
Ah, the eternal question and what it really comes down to is how much does it even cost? Of course, one may wonder what the cost and charges of this Boo Bucket will be, considering how detailed they are and how fancy they look! But, as it is a part of the happy meal, you won’t really have to worry too much about the cost!
The best part about ordering a happy meal is that all you have to pay for is the meal, and the toy comes complimentary with it! So, in this case, too, all you have to do is buy a happy meal, which on average, should cost you somewhere between $ 5 – $ 7, served with a main, a side, and a beverage.
Similar Restaurants Offering Halloween Menu
- IHop – Like most restaurant chains IHOP has introduced menu specials for this season that are totally worth the money. Enjoy this Halloween with pumpkin spice flavors!
- Dunkin Donuts – A coffee outing is incomplete without a side of donut. Therefore, indulge in some delicious donuts curated specially for the Halloween season. You can try the Halloween special coffees and donuts available at Dunkin now.
- Denny’s – American restaurant chain, Denny’s, is always a good stop to indulge in great food. This Halloween season, Denny’s is offering pumpkin special delights in many forms. Stop by Denny’s for the perfect Halloween meal.
- Applebee’s – If your celebrations are incomplete without cocktails, then kickstart Halloween celebrations with spooky cocktails from Applebee’s Halloween menu. Check out their prices too!
- Burger King – Burger King is celebrating with a Halloween-themed menu with a variety of choices. If you can’t do without Burger King, then check out the Halloween special menu that is available in all outlets now.
- Dutch Bros – Dutch Bros. Coffee is one of the most famous coffee houses in the United States. This year they have introduced some delicious Halloween drinks that you shouldn’t miss out on. Check out their incredible Halloween drinks with prices.
- Disneyland – There’s no fun like entering into Disney world. Therefore, this Halloween, if you plan to hit Disneyland, get ready to indulge in spooktacular menu items from drinks, desserts, to main course.
- Krispy Kreme – Krispy Kreme is known to have a Halloween special menu every year. This year too, the donut producing brand has come up with a great variety at exciting prices. Grab your Krispy Kreme order soon!
- Chuck E Cheese – Chuck E Cheese is every kid’s delight. This Halloween season indulge in some great pizzas and sweet treats before heading out to scare everyone.
- Starbucks – Starbucks is a great place to enjoy some great coffee and other hot and cold beverages along with delicious sweet and savory menu items. Apart from them you can also grab some attractive Starbucks merchandise this Halloween season.
For Halloween this year, McDonald’s has launched some really spooky (and cute) happy meal Boo Buckets! These buckets were first launched back in 1986, and after a lot of tweaking with their designs, they were discontinued in 2016. However, they have been relaunched this year with an even better look.
These Boo Buckets will be available as a part of their Halloween happy meal from October 18th till October 31st. As they are a part of the happy meal, all you will have to pay for is the actual meal, which will cost you around $ 5- $ 7. As these are available for a limited time and are low in stock, it would be best to get some while they last!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
When will the Halloween Boo Buckets be available?
The Halloween Boo Buckets will be available from October 18th – 31st, 2022.
Do you need to pay extra to get one of these Boo Buckets?
No, to get one of these buckets, all you have to pay for is the happy meal, which will cost somewhere around $ 5- $ 7.
What are the different Boo Buckets called?
The Boo Buckets, based on their design, are aptly named as McBoo, McPunk’n, and McGoblin.
Has McDonald’s launched any new beverages for Halloween?
No, as of now, McDonald’s has not announced any new beverage, especially for Halloween.