Although McDonald’s is mainly known for their range of beef burgers, the menu has also seen its fair share of chicken sandwiches, the grilled chicken sandwich being one. In this blog post, you’ll find all the details about this easy McDonald’s grilled chicken sandwich recipe!
The grilled chicken sandwich was not as famous a menu item at McDonald’s as the company would have liked. Although it was delicious, to say the least, for reasons related to the pandemic, McDonald’s dropped this lovely sandwich from their menu a few years ago.
This left quite a few people disappointed since they were happy to see a healthier sandwich being served back at McDonald’s, where most options are high in calories. Sadly, McDonald’s has still not brought credible sandwiches to their menu.
But if you truly miss this sandwich, I must tell you that you have come to the absolute right place. This recipe details everything you need to make this incredible grilled chicken sandwich at home.
Starting with the equipment to the nutritional values of this recipe, you’ll find just about every detail in this article. Once you try this recipe, you will probably never miss the OG sandwich from McDonald’s again! So, let’s begin.
What's In The Post
What Equipment Will You Need To Make McDonald’s Grilled Chicken Sandwich?
- Bowl – A single, large bowl is essential for this recipe to prepare the marinade for the chicken filets.
- Spoon – A few teaspoons from your kitchen cabinet will work fine for this recipe. But, if you want to be precise with your measurements, you can also use a set of measuring spoons.
- Grill – You’ll need a grill set on the stovetop to grill the chicken for the sandwich. Similarly, if you have a grill that can work in the oven, that is okay too.
- Tongs – For more accessible access to the chicken fillets while cooking and to flip them, a pair of tongs is necessary.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make McDonald’s Grilled Chicken Sandwich?
|2 Hours 20 Minutes
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make McDonald’s Grilled Chicken Sandwich?
- Chicken Breast – The essential ingredient for this recipe is chicken filet; two will work just fine since we will make two sandwiches.
- Hamburger Buns – It isn’t a sandwich without hamburger buns; you will need two hamburger buns for two portions.
- Lettuce – A few leaves of iceberg lettuce will work perfectly fine as a topping for this sandwich.
- Tomato – A single, sliced tomato will be used as a topping for the sandwich, but you can skip adding them if you don’t like raw tomatoes.
- Mayonnaise – One tablespoon of mayonnaise will work fine for two chicken sandwiches. If you want to experiment, you can also use flavored mayonnaise!
For The Marinade:
- Oil – About ¼ cup of vegetable oil will be needed to prepare the marinade for this sandwich. You can also use sunflower oil if you would like, but try not to use any oil with a pungent smell or flavor.
- Water – Around ½ cup of regular tap water will work fine to make the marinade.
- Parmesan Cheese – Just two teaspoons of parmesan cheese will add flavor to the marinade and eventually to the chicken.
- Lemon Juice – To add a slight acidity to the marinade, about ½ teaspoon of lemon juice will be added to this recipe.
- Onion Powder, Paprika, and Black Pepper – All three flavorings will add a kick of spice to the marinade, so add about ½ teaspoon of each.
- Salt – The most crucial seasoning of them all is, of course, good old salt! Again, just ½ teaspoon of the same will work fine for this recipe.
Steps To Make McDonald’s Grilled Chicken Sandwich
1. Marinade, The Chicken
The first step to making this lovely chicken sandwich is to prepare the marinade and marinate the chicken. Mix all the ingredients for the marinade mentioned above in a large bowl. Clean the chicken filets, and add them to the bowl. Cover the bowl and let the chicken rest for two hours in the refrigerator.
2. Grill, The Chicken
Once your chicken is marinated well, you can grill the filets. For that, heat the grill and then place the filets on it. Grill the filets for about 5 minutes on each side, making sure they are not pink once done.
If you have a food thermometer, check the internal temperature, it should be about 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Take the filets off the grill and keep them aside.
3. Assemble The Sandwich
After your chicken is ready, you can assemble the sandwich. For that, butter the hamburger buns and then slightly toast them on the same hot grill. Take them off, and apply mayonnaise on both the bottom buns.
Place the lettuce on top of the mayonnaise, then carefully place the grilled chicken filet. Add a piece of sliced tomato on top, and put the top bun. You can even apply some mayonnaise on the top bun to make it extra juicy. Your grilled chicken sandwich is ready!
How Will The McDonald’s Grilled Chicken Sandwich Look and Taste Like?
If you missed out on the little appearance this sandwich made on the McDonald’s menu, here is your chance to try a homemade version! Some people complained about the chicken being a little dry in the original sandwich. However, that is far from the case for this homemade version!
The marinade works wonders for the chicken filets, and the acidity from the lemon juice makes them very tender and juicy. This, in turn, translates to juiciness in the filet as well, even once it is grilled. The rest of the flavors are simple. Hence the chicken shines through in this beautiful recipe!
Easy McDonald’s Grilled Chicken Sandwich Recipe
- 2 nos. Chicken Breast Fillet
- 2 nos. Hamburger Buns
- 2 nos. Lettuce Leaves
- 1 no. Tomato
- 1 tablespoon Mayonnaise
For The Marinade:
- 1/4 cup Oil
- 1/2 cup Water
- 2 teaspoons Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Clean the chicken filets and keep them aside.
- Prepare the marinade in a large bowl by combining the water, oil, black pepper, paprika, lemon juice, onion powder, salt, and parmesan cheese.
- Place the filets in the bowl and let them marinate for about 2 hours.
- Heat the grill, and place the chicken filets on them once they are hot enough.
- Grill the filets for 5 minutes on each side, making sure they are cooked evenly.
- Take the filets off the grill. Apply a little butter on the hamburger buns and toast them slightly.
- Apply mayonnaise on the bottom bun, then place a leaf of lettuce on each bun.
- Place the chicken filets on top, then place a slice of tomato on the chicken filets.
- Finish the sandwich by placing the top buns, and enjoy with a side of fries!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can other spices be added to the marinade?
Yes, you can add other herbs and spices to the marinade if you would like.
Can the sandwich also be topped with a slice of cheese?
Yes, you can use any cheese slice to top the filet.
Is it necessary to use raw tomatoes as a garnish?
No, you can skip the raw tomatoes if you would like to.
What can this sandwich be served with?
You can serve this chicken sandwich with fries, potato wedges, or a simple house salad.
Perfectly grilled and juicy chicken filets that are spiced well are the ultimate heroes of this sandwich. The rest of the ingredients are simple for this recipe to let the chicken filets genuinely shine through. Once you try this homemade sandwich, you’ll probably never miss the one from McDonald’s!