McDonald’s French fries are world famous and we finally have the secret recipe to make the perfect fries. In this post, I am going to share the exact recipe that McDonald’s uses to make their tasty French fries.
Everyone loves McDonald’s French fries but do you know you can easily make those fries at home, even better than McDonald’s. I learned this recipe from my friend who used to work at McDonald’s. When I first made these fries at home, they were not perfect. So, I realized that the secret ingredient was missing. When I made them the second time, they were as good as McDonald’s. So, let’s see what the secret to my fries was.
Making authentic McDonald’s French fries requires a secret ingredient that is brine. Other than that, you need potatoes, vegetable oil, and some salt for taste. Peel the potatoes and rinse them in brine. Slice them and place them under cold brine. Then, completely dry them and double fry them.
Be with me till the end of the post, as I will show how you can make the perfect brine so that your fries are better than McDonald’s. But before getting the instructions, check out our other copycat recipes below.
1. McDonald’s Sweet and Sour Sauce– This sweet and sour sauce by McDonald’s is something that you have tried for sure. McDonald’s servers it with their nuggets commonly and now you can make it at your home with this authentic recipe.
2. McDonald’s McRib Sandwich– McDonald’s McRibs are quite famous, but they usually drop it from their menu regularly. So I decided to share this McRibs recipe with you all.
3. McDonald’s Egg McMuffin– This burger is one of the most selling foods of McDonald’s. The reason why Egg McMuffin is so popular is that it is very affordable and can be your proper meal.
4. McDonald’s Holiday Pie– This pie isn’t available throughout the year and they are very secretive about when they have them in their stock. So I decided to make this tasty and delicious at my home.
McDonald’s French Fries Recipe
- 6 Large Russet Potatoes
- ½ cup Vegetable Shortening
- 1 quart Vegetable Oil
- ¼ cup Sugar
- 8 cups Cold Water
- 3 tbsp Salt
- ½ cup Corn Syrup
- 1 tsp White Vinegar
- ¼ cup Beef Lard
- Make the brine by combining all the ingredients (8 cups, ½ cup corn syrup, 3 tbsp salt, 1 tsp white vinegar, sugar).
- Peel and rinse the potatoes in cold water. Then, slice the potatoes.
- Place them in cold brine while you slice them and make sure they are completely submerged.
- Cover them and put them in the fridge for 2 hours or overnight.
- Dry them completely and preheat oil to 300 degrees.
- Fry them in batches for 5 minutes and let them be soft when fries for the first time.
- Remove them on paper towels.
- Now, add vegetable shortening and increase the temperature to 400 degrees.
- Again, fry them in batches until golden brown.
- Remove and place them on paper towels to absorb the oil.
- Once they are cool, add beef lard for the additional kick of flavor. Sprinkle a generous amount of salt and serve it with a dip of your choice.
So, what are you waiting for? Go and make these McDonald’s French fries right now at your home. Don’t forget to tell your experience in the comment section below. Till then, stay tuned to our site for more such recipes.