World-famous McDonald’s french fries secret recipe is finally here on TheFoodXP. In this post, I am going to share the exact recipe that McDonald’s uses to make their tasty french fries.
Everyone loves McDonald’s french fries but do you know you can easily make those fries at home, even better than McDonald’s. I learned this recipe from my friend who used to work at McDonald’s. When I first made these fries at home, they were not perfect. So I realized that the secret ingredient was missing. So when I made them the second time, they were better than McDonald’s. So let’s see how what was the secret to my fries.
Making authentic McDonald’s french fries requires a secret ingredient that is brine. Other than that, you need potatoes, vegetable oil, vegetable oil and some salt for taste. Peel the potatoes and rinse them in brine. Slice them and place them under cold brine. Then completely dry them and double fry them.
The secret to making french fries precisely like McDonald’s is making the perfect brine and double frying them. Be with me till the end of the post as I will show how you can make the perfect brine so that your fries are better than McDonald’s. Now let’s see all the secret ingredients that you’ll need for making your fries.
Ingredients for McDonald’s French Fries
- 6 large Russet Potatoes
- ½ cup Vegetable Shortening
- 1 quart Vegetable Oil
- 8 cups Cold Water
- 3 tbsp Salt
- ½ cup Corn Syrup
- 1 tsp White Vinegar
These are all the ingredients that you’ll need for making a copycat of McDonald’s fries. Making the perfect brine is very important for making fries exactly like McDonald’s. So be please don’t skip any step in the recipe. So let’s see how much time these tasty fries take to make.
How Much Time It Will Take To Make McDonald’s French Fries?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Soaking Time||Total Time|
|30 minutes||13 minutes||2 hours||2 hours 43 minutes|
If you’re planning to make fries the next day, you can soak them overnight to save your time. Cooking them won’t take much time. Now let’s see how you can make these crispy fries at your home.
Steps to Make McDonald’s French Fries
- Make the brine by combining all the ingredients (8 cups, ½ cup corn syrup, 3 tbsp salt, 1 tsp white vinegar).
- Peel and rinse the potatoes in cold water.
- Then slice the potatoes.
- Place them in cold brine while you slice them and make sure they are completely submerged.
- Cover them and put them in the fridge for 2 hours or overnight.
- Dry them completely and preheat oil to 300 degrees.
- Fry them in batches for 5 minutes and let them be soft when fries for the first time.
- Remove them on paper towels.
- Now add vegetable shortening and increase the temperature to 400 degrees.
- Again fry them in batches until golden brown.
- Remove and place them on paper towels to absorb the oil.
Your fries are ready! Now season with salt or pepper for better taste. Now you can enjoy these McDonald’s fries at your home as well.
Nutritional Breakdown of McDonald’s French Fries
Now let’s see nutritional value in these french fries below.
How to Make McDonald’s French Fries at Home | Video
If you have any doubt, then make sure you watch this video so that your fries are as perfect as McDonald’s.
So what are you waiting for? Go and make these McDonald’s french fries right now at your home. Don’t forget to tell your reviews in the comment section below. Till then, stay tuned to our site for more such recipes.