McDonald’s burrito is one of the delicious meals offered on McDonald’s breakfast menu that you can prepare easily while rushing to work. Sounds exciting? Peep into the recipe for recreating McDonald’s breakfast burritos at home with us.
The breakfast burrito is wrapped in a flour tortilla filled with sausages, veggies, and cheese. It is a great deal: business on the outside and party on the inside. Our knockoff McDonald’s breakfast burrito recipe is mex-cellent. See the magic yourself!
Here’s what you require to make McDonald’s breakfast burritos: sausage, scrambled eggs, diced tomatoes, onions, and green chilies. Cook the sausages, scrambled eggs, and wrap the goodness in the flour tortilla rolls. The breakfast burritos will be ready!
The breakfast burrito is one of the bunch of delicious meals on McDonald’s menu that you can prepare easily while rushing to work. Try the quick and perfect breakfast meals in your kitchen with our recipe guide. Seek out the required list of equipment, ingredients, nutritional facts, and instructions below.
What's In The Post
Is This There Original McDonald’s Breakfast Burrito Recipe?
Yes, this is the original McDonald’s breakfast burrito recipes that gets ready in just a few minutes. Following the right steps and measurement of ingredients will help you make the homemade breakfast burrito even better.
We have added all the staple ingredients used to make the recipe. If you do not have the basic ingredients, then you can also check out the list of ingredient substitution. Choosing the substitute of ingredients used in original McDonald’s breakfast burrito will not affect the flavor or taste of the burrito.
Is Breakfast Burrito Available All Day On The McDonald’s Menu?
Breakfast burritos are available on the McDonald’s menu until the breakfast menu ends, usually at 11 am. However, please note that specific menu items and timings can vary by location and may be subject to change.
It is always a good idea to check with your local McDonald’s restaurant or refer to their official website or app for the most accurate and up-to-date information. To seek more information on McDonald’s breakfast hours, just click.
Why You Need To Make This McDonald’s Breakfast Burrito At Home?
When you make the breakfast burrito at home, you have complete control over the ingredients. You can customize it to your liking, adding or subtracting ingredients based on your preferences. Want extra cheese? Go for it! Prefer a vegetarian option? You got it! By making it at home, you can tailor the burrito to suit your taste exactly.
Moreover, making the McDonald’s breakfast burrito at home allows you to have better control over the nutritional aspects. You can opt for healthier ingredients, such as using whole-grain tortillas, lean meats, and incorporating more vegetables. It gives you the opportunity to make a nutritious breakfast option that aligns with your dietary goals.
Equipment Required For McDonald’s Breakfast Burrito
- Skillet – Cook the scrambled eggs and sausage in a skillet.
- Ladle – Stir in the sausages and eggs with a ladle.
- Knife – Chop the onions, tomatoes, and capsicum with a knife.
- Oven – Microwave the wrapped burritos for 10-20 seconds.
What Ingredients Does McDonald’s Use In Their Breakfast Burrito?
- Eggs – Take the number of eggs according to the servings. Combine the eggs with milk to make thick and flavorful scrambled eggs for the filing.
- Canola Oil – Cook the scrambled eggs and pork sausage in canola oil.
- American Cheese – Add an American cheese slice for a cheese blend.
- Ground Sausage – Take half a pound of pork sausages to prepare the filling.
- Tomatoes – Finely chopped tomatoes will bring out tangy flavors.
- Green Chillies – Bring out some tartness by adding green chili slices to the burrito filling.
- Onion – Add sliced onions and sauté them with the ground pork for a savory blend.
- Tortillas – Take a few rolls of flour tortilla for wrapping up the burrito’s goodness.
- Salt – Add salt to your taste.
- Black Pepper – Season the breakfast burrito with a pinch of black pepper.
McDonald’s Breakfast Burrito Ingredients Substitutions
- Tortilla – Instead of using a regular flour tortilla, you can try whole wheat or multigrain tortillas for added nutritional value and fiber. If you prefer a gluten-free option, there are also gluten-free tortillas available.
- Eggs – If you want to make a vegetarian or vegan version of the burrito, you can substitute the eggs with tofu scramble. Simply crumble tofu and cook it with spices and seasonings to mimic the texture and flavor of scrambled eggs.
- Meat –The original McDonald’s Breakfast Burrito offers sausage or bacon as the meat component. However, you can substitute it with other protein options such as turkey sausage, chicken sausage, or even vegetarian sausage. You can also use cooked diced ham or omit the meat altogether for a vegetarian or vegan version.
- Cheese – While McDonald’s typically uses a processed cheese blend, you can switch it up by using different types of cheese. Cheddar, Monterey Jack, pepper jack, or even a Mexican cheese blend can add a delicious twist to your burrito.
- Vegetables – The McDonald’s Breakfast Burrito usually includes diced bell peppers and onions. However, you can add or substitute other vegetables according to your preference. Some popular choices include diced tomatoes, spinach, mushrooms, or even sliced avocado for a creamy and flavorful addition.
- Salsa Or Sauce – To enhance the flavor, consider adding your favorite salsa, hot sauce, or a homemade sauce to the burrito. It could be a mild salsa, tangy salsa verde, or even a creamy chipotle sauce. These additions can add an extra layer of taste and excitement to your homemade burrito.
What Type Of Cheese Should You Use?
When making a homemade version of McDonald’s breakfast burrito, you can use various types of cheese to suit your taste preferences. However, to stay true to the flavors of the original McDonald’s burrito, you can opt for a melty and mild cheese like cheddar. Cheddar cheese is a popular choice as it melts beautifully, providing a creamy and savory element to the burrito.
Does McDonald’s Use Real Eggs In Burritos?
Yes, McDonald’s does use real eggs in their breakfast burritos. The eggs used in McDonald’s breakfast menu items, including the breakfast burrito, are made from real eggs that have been cracked and cooked.
However, it’s important to note that McDonald’s eggs are pre-mixed with a liquid egg blend, which contains additional ingredients such as water, modified food starch, salt, and citric acid to enhance flavor and texture.
What Kind Of Eggs Are In McDonald’s Breakfast Burritos?
While the eggs are not cracked directly from a shell, they are still made from real eggs and provide the familiar taste and texture you would expect. So, when you order a McDonald’s breakfast burrito, you can enjoy the deliciousness of real eggs mixed with other flavorful ingredients in a convenient and tasty package.
McDonald’s Breakfast Burrito Preparation & Cooking Time
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||15 Minutes||20 Minutes|
McDonald’s Breakfast Burrito Recipe Steps
Step 1- Place a large skillet on the stove or induction to prepare the burrito mixture.
Step 2- Add the minced sausage to the skillet greased with oil.
Step 3- Further, add chopped onions, tomatoes, and green chilies and cook until you see the color of veggies changing.
Step 4- Then, add egg yolks to the skillet and combine it evenly with the sausage mixture.
Step 5- Season the mixture with a teaspoon of salt and black pepper. In some time the burrito mixture will be ready.
Step 6- Finally, begin to assemble the burrito by placing the cooked sausage mixture over the tortilla. Place some cheddar cheese or any other cheese over the top and wrap it nicely.
Step 7- Serve to enjoy.
Why Are My McDonald’s Breakfast Burritos Soggy?
If your McDonald’s breakfast burritos are turning out soggy, there could be a few reasons behind it. One common cause is excess moisture in the ingredients. For instance, if the scrambled eggs or vegetables used in the burrito contain too much liquid, it can make the tortilla soggy.
Another reason is if the burrito is wrapped in the tortilla while it’s still warm, steam can build up inside and contribute to sogginess. Additionally, if the burrito sits for an extended period of time before eating, condensation can form inside the wrapper and make the tortilla damp.
To help prevent sogginess, try cooking the ingredients to remove excess moisture, allowing them to cool slightly before assembling the burrito, and consuming it as soon as possible to maintain its freshness and texture.
Tips To Make McDonald’s Breakfast Burrito Better
- Shine With Seasonings – Just like adding a pinch of salt and pepper can awaken the flavors of your morning eggs, consider adding a sprinkle of your favorite seasonings to the scrambled eggs in the burrito. Experiment with options like paprika, cumin, or even a dash of hot sauce to give it an extra kick.
- Cheese, The Melty Blanket – Think of cheese as a warm, melty blanket enveloping the burrito’s ingredients. To enhance the cheesiness, try using a blend of different cheeses, like cheddar and Monterey Jack, or even go for a gooey cheese like queso blanco. Let it melt and mingle with the other ingredients for an indulgent experience.
- The Crunch Factor – Adding a crunch to your breakfast burrito can elevate its texture. Consider adding a handful of crispy hash browns or tortilla strips for that satisfying crunch with every bite.
- Salsa – Picture salsa as the life of the breakfast party, adding a burst of vibrant flavors. Experiment with different types of salsa, like mild, medium, or hot, to find your preferred level of heat and tanginess. Whether it’s tomato-based salsa, tangy verde salsa, or even a fruity salsa, it can take your burrito on a flavor adventure.
- Wrap – Just like snuggling into a cozy blanket on a chilly morning, warming the tortilla before assembling the burrito can make a difference. Gently heat the tortilla in a microwave or on a skillet to make it soft, pliable, and ready to cradle the delicious ingredients.
How Will This McDonald’s Breakfast Burrito Look & Taste?
McDonald’s breakfast burritos are wrapped with healthy and flavorful components. The scrambled eggs are joyously fluffy and the pork sausage is filled with umami flavors. Above that, the cheese is melted throughout and tastes delightful.
In terms of taste, the tortilla provides a soft and slightly chewy exterior, giving way to the warm and comforting filling inside. The eggs are creamy and packed with flavor, while the sausage or bacon adds a delicious smokiness.
All in all, you will relish the creamy, zesty, and crunchy flavors of restaurant-style breakfast burritos at home.
Is This McDonald’s Breakfast Burrito Healthy?
McDonald’s breakfast burrito is a healthy breakfast option. It is a breakfast roll item that is meant to be enjoyed in moderation as part of a balanced diet. Check out the nutritional values of restaurant-style burrito in the table below.
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
How To Store These McDonald’s Breakfast Burritos Properly?
- Cool Them Down – If you have leftover breakfast burritos, allow them to cool down to room temperature before storing. This helps prevent condensation and sogginess.
- Wrap Individually – Wrap each burrito tightly in aluminum foil or plastic wrap. This helps to maintain their shape and prevents them from drying out in the refrigerator.
- Label – Use a marker or a label to write the date of storage on each wrapped burrito. This will help you keep track of how long they have been stored and ensure that you consume them before they expire.
- Refrigerate – Place the individually wrapped burritos in an airtight container or resealable plastic bag and store them in the refrigerator. The cold temperature helps to inhibit the growth of bacteria and keeps the burritos fresh.
- Consume Within A Few Days – For the best taste and quality, it is recommended to consume the stored breakfast burritos within 2-3 days. Beyond that, the texture and flavor may start to deteriorate.
- Reheat Properly – When you’re ready to enjoy your stored breakfast burrito, remove it from the refrigerator and unwrap it. Reheat it in the microwave on a microwave-safe plate for about 1-2 minutes, or until heated through. You can also reheat it in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for about 10-15 minutes, or until warmed to your liking. Be sure to check the internal temperature of the burrito to ensure it reaches a safe temperature of 165°F (74°C) before consuming.
Can You Eat This McDonald’s Breakfast Burrito Cold?
Yes, you can eat a McDonald’s breakfast burrito cold if you prefer. However, keep in mind that the flavors and textures may be slightly different compared to when it’s warm. When eaten cold, the tortilla may be firmer, and the fillings might not have the same warmth or melted cheese consistency.
Some people enjoy the convenience of eating a cold breakfast burrito, while others prefer the warmth and melty goodness that comes from reheating it. Ultimately, it’s a matter of personal preference. If you decide to eat it cold, ensure that the burrito has been properly stored in the refrigerator and is still within its recommended freshness period.
How To Reheat This McDonald’s Breakfast Burrito?
- Unwrap The Burrito Partially – Remove any foil or plastic wrap from the burrito, but leave it partially wrapped to prevent drying out during reheating.
- Microwave Method – Place the unwrapped burrito on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave it on high power for about 1-2 minutes, or until it is heated through. Cooking time may vary depending on your microwave’s power and the size of the burrito.
- Oven method – Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Place the unwrapped burrito on a baking sheet or oven-safe dish. Heat it in the oven for about 10-15 minutes, or until it is heated through.
- Check The Temperature – To ensure the burrito is heated to a safe internal temperature, use a food thermometer to measure the center. It should register at least 165°F (74°C) for proper food safety.
- Let It Rest – After reheating, allow the burrito to rest for a minute or two. This helps distribute the heat evenly and allows the flavors to settle.
Other McDonald’s Breakfast Recipe To Try
Along with this amazing breakfast burrito, we have also covered other McDonald recipes like McDonald’s McGriddle, McDonald’s hash browns, McDonald’s sausage and egg McMuffin, McDonald’s pancakes, McDonald’s oatmeal recipe.
McDonald’s Breakfast Burrito Recipe
- 2 whole Eggs
- 1 tablespoon Canola Oil
- 1 slice American Cheese
- ½ pound Ground Sausage
- 2 Tomatoes
- 1 Green Chillies
- 1 Onion
- 2 Flour Tortillas
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- Place a large skillet on the stove or induction to prepare the burrito mixture.
- Add the minced sausage to the skillet greased with oil.
- Further, add chopped onions, tomatoes, capsicum, and green chilies and cook until you see the color of veggies changing.
- Then, add egg yolks to the skillet and combine it evenly with the sausage mixture.
- Season the mixture with a teaspoon of salt and black pepper. In some time the burrito mixture will be ready.
- Finally, begin to assemble the burrito by placing the cooked sausage mixture over the tortilla. Place some cheddar cheese or any other cheese over the top and wrap it nicely.
- Serve to enjoy.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How much is breakfast burritos at McDonald’s?
McDonald’s breakfast burritos cost you $2.39.
What does a breakfast burrito contain?
The breakfast burrito is prepared with a lot of flavorful stuffing of eggs, ham, bacon, beans, spinach, pork sausage, and much more.
Are McDonald’s Burritos frozen?
McDonald’s burritos are pre-made in factories rather than frozen.
What’s in McDonald’s sausage burrito?
McDonald’s sausage burrito is prepared with scrambled eggs and pork sausages with sauteed veggies. The filling is further wrapped in tortilla flour rolls with an American cheese slice.
Don’t delay anymore and get ready to prepare knockoff McDonald’s breakfast burritos right in your kitchen. Let us know how it goes in the comment section below.