McDonald’s offers a lovely range of breakfast options, including all-American breakfast bagels. Of all the bagel options available for breakfast, one that stands out is the sausage and egg bagel. Let us take a look at this wonderful McDonald’s breakfast bagel recipe!
The McDonald’s breakfast must be one of the best fast food. The variety is immense, but the classic breakfast bagel steals everyone’s heart. There is nothing that screams all-American breakfast as bagels do!
McDonald’s offers plenty of variety, even in their bagels. They have classics like sausage and egg, steak, egg, cheese, and ham and egg bagel. A favorite breakfast flavor from McDonald’s that has stood out to me is their sausage and egg.
Although there are plenty of ways to serve bagels, even at McDonald’s, what else can be the epitome of a good breakfast sandwich, if not some fluffy eggs and sausage? That’s precisely what these bagels are loaded with. Sure, they aren’t the fanciest bagels but truly delicious.
This article has the complete guide of what you need to make this breakfast bagel sandwich. Everything is covered in this step-by-step guide, from the equipment to the instructions and everything in between! Now without any further ado, let us explore this recipe!
What Equipment Will You Need To Make McDonald’s Breakfast Bagel?
- Bowls – A few medium-sized bowls will work fine for this recipe, as one will be needed to beat the eggs, one to prepare the sauce, and an extra bowl, just in case.
- Whisk – A whisk is essential for this recipe to beat the eggs and get them all light and fluffy.
- Skillet – A large skillet, preferably cast iron, will be needed to make the eggs and heat the sausages.
- Large Knife – A large knife will help you slice the bagel in half before creating your breakfast bagel sandwich.
- Spatula – A silicone spatula will help easily fold and flip the omelet.
- Oven Tray – This is a necessary piece of equipment only if you would like to toast the bagels in the oven, but you can also do so on the skillet.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make McDonald’s Breakfast Bagel?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||15 Minutes||25 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make McDonald’s Breakfast Bagel?
- Bagels – Of course, it cannot be a breakfast bagel sandwich without some bagels! Since this recipe has enough quantities to make four sandwiches, four bagels will do just fine, either plain or sesame sprinkled.
- Eggs – Breakfast is empty without a good old fluffy omelet, and four large eggs will work perfectly fine for four bagel sandwiches.
- Sausage – About eight ounces of breakfast sausage will be needed for this recipe, which will be flattened and cooked further to add to the sandwiches.
- Monterey Jack Cheese – Four cheese slices will add a gooey finish to the sandwich. Monterey Jack cheese is not mandatory, so that you can use American or cheddar cheese slices instead.
- Butter – To make the flavor of the eggs and sausages shine, we’ll be cooking them in just a teaspoon full of salted butter.
- Salt and Black Pepper – These are the two essential seasonings we’ll add to the eggs, and ½ a teaspoon of each will work fine.
For The Sauce:
- Mayonnaise – Just two tablespoons of mayonnaise will form the base for the scrumptious sauce that gives this breakfast bagel a lot of flavors.
- Dill Mustard – A teaspoon of dill mustard will be added to the sauce for a little kick of spice.
- White Onion – Lastly, we’ll be adding two teaspoons of minced white onion to the sauce, yet again for great flavor.
Steps To Make McDonald’s Breakfast Bagel
1. Get All The Elements Ready
This breakfast bagel is straightforward to prepare. You can start by getting all the elements ready. First, prepare the sauce by mixing all the ingredients mentioned in a small bowl and keeping it aside.
Next, place the skillet on medium heat, add the butter to it, and let it simmer. Meanwhile, whisk a single egg in a large bowl until fluffy, then add it to the skillet. You can add all four eggs at a time and divide them into four portions later if you like.
Once the egg is all fluffy, add it to the skillet, and let the edges cook for a few minutes. Then, start folding the edges from all sides to get a square-shaped omelet, and let it cook on both sides by flipping it over at just the right time.
After the eggs are ready, divide the breakfast sausage into four portions, and flatten them out as per the bagel size. Place them in the same skillet and cook for a few minutes on both sides until golden brown. Slice bagels and grill them in the oven for a few minutes or toast them in the same skillet until they have charred edges.
2. Assemble The Breakfast Bagel
Once all your elements are ready, you can begin with the assembly of this breakfast bagel. Spread ½ tablespoon of sauce on one side of each bagel, preferably the top portion.
Next, add a slice of cheese to each of the bottom pieces, then place the sausage patty on top, followed by the square omelet, and finally, the top portion of the bagel. Enjoy this breakfast bagel with a hot cup of coffee!
|Saturated Fat||11 g|
How Will The McDonald’s Breakfast Bagel Look and Taste Like?
The perfect combination of chewy, soft, fluffy, and juicy does exist in the form of this lovely breakfast bagel. The breakfast bagel looks a lot like the one from McDonald’s and, honestly, even better.
The sausages and eggs are perfectly stacked in the bagel, with the cheese and the sauce. The bagel’s flavor is meaty, cheesy, loaded with fluffy eggs, and has just the right kick of spice from the sauce. All in all, this is one of the best ways to start your day!
Scrumptious McDonald’s Breakfast Bagel Recipe
- Large Knife
- Oven Tray
- 4 nos. Bagels
- 4 nos. Eggs
- 8 oz. Sausage
- 4 slices Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1 teaspoon Butter
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
For The Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dill Mustard
- 2 teaspoons White Onion
- Prepare the sauce by combining all its ingredients in a bowl, and keep it aside.
- Slice the bagels in half and toast them in the oven for just a few minutes.
- Place skillet on medium heat and beat eggs, one at a time, in a large bowl till fluffy.
- Add butter to the skillet and let it melt, topping it off with the egg.
- Once the edges of the egg begin to cook, fold them over in the center, creating a square omelet, then flip and let the omelet cook just a little bit on the other side. Repeat the process with all the eggs.
- Divide the breakfast sausage into four portions, and press them down until they are the size of the bagels.
- Place them in the same skillet and let them cook for a few minutes until they are perfectly brown on both sides, then take off the heat.
- Spread sauce on the top half of the bagel.
- Place a slice of cheese on the bottom half, topping it with the sausage, egg, and top half in that order. Your breakfast bagel is ready to devour!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can regular mustard be used for the sauce instead of dill mustard?
Yes, you can use regular yellow mustard for the sauce if you have no dill mustard.
Is it necessary to use Monterey jack cheese for this bagel?
No, even slices of cheddar cheese and American cheese work perfectly fine.
Can all the eggs be cooked at the same time?
Yes, you can cook all four eggs simultaneously to create a giant omelet and then divide it into four portions if you want to save some time.
What can be used for this sandwich in place of bagels?
If you don’t like bagels or are simply out of them, you can also use biscuits or slices of bread instead.
This breakfast bagel is completely chewy on the outside, with a soft egg on the inside. The cheese adds a lot to the flavor of the bagel, along with the sausage, creating a delicious symphony that one must try to enjoy!