McDonald’s Big Mac is among the best burgers on McDonald’s menu you can have. It has tempted taste buds worldwide with its unique triple-layer creation. Let’s see the McDonald’s Big Mac burger review and its popularity worldwide.
The distinct flavors of the Big Mac Burger come from its tangy and sweet Big Mac Sauce. The beef patties in the burger are juicy and give you satisfying bites. The bun is softer and quite chewy. Overall, the burger showcases tangy, mild, and slightly sweet flavors. So, the overall McDonald’s Big Mac review is pretty great.
To make their burger tasty, McDonald’s sources meat from various suppliers, ensuring the quality of the burger. Regarding size, the Big Mac is the most giant burger and a substantial option.
Follow this blog post for an in-depth review of the Big Mac burger. You will also find out what customers around the world are saying about their favorite McDonald’s sandwich.
What’s In A McDonald’s Big Mac Burger?
The Big Mac burger is the most popular item on McDonald’s menu. It’s known for its satisfying taste and big size. Want to know what goes into this burger? If yes, then find the ultimate Big Mac burger ingredients as stated on McDonald’s website:
- Big Mac Bun
- Beef Patty
- Lettuce (Iceberg)
- Big Mac Sauce
- Cheddar Cheese Slice
- Pickle Slices
How Does McDonald’s Big Mac Taste?
The first thing I noticed in a Big Mac burger is its glossy sesame seed bun. It’s so soft and spongy in texture and slightly sweet. The bun is a stand-out in Big Mac.
As you bite in, the juicy beef patties welcome you that are seasoned perfectly. The main Big Mac sauce brings out tangy and sweet flavors in your burger. The sauce amazingly pairs with other ingredients like lettuce, onions, and pickles.
Talking about veggies, the Big Mac burger contains fresh lettuce, onions, and pickle slices, which will give you a crunch in every bite.
The pickles add a lot of tang to the burger. However, the melted American cheese covers up all the taste of the burger by offering you a gooey texture.
Check out some key ingredients below that make the Big Mac so unique.
- Sesame Seed Bun: The sesame seed bun is soft and has a bit of chewiness.
- Beef Patties: The two beef patties are juicy and flavorful. Seasoned with salt, pepper, and other spices, these patties are cooked to perfection with a crispy exterior and a tender interior.
- Special Big Mac Sauce: This sauce is tangy and creamy. It is made with mayonnaise, sweet pickle relish, yellow mustard, vinegar, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika. The special sauce is what makes the Big Mac unique and so delicious.
- Lettuce: The lettuce is a crisp and refreshing veggie. It gives the burger a little extra crunch.
- Pickles: The pickles are tangy and sour. Also, they add a nice crunch to the burger as well.
- American Cheese: The American cheese is gooey and melted. It adds a bit of creaminess and richness to the burger.
Overall, a Big Mac burger is truly a fantastic experience that you want to try once in your lifetime.
What Do People Say About McDonald’s Big Mac?
Now that you know how McDonald’s Big Mac tastes, it’s time to understand what people say about it. So, I have gathered the reviews of Big Mac burgers from various websites and YouTube channels to help you understand better:
Someone on Chick Advisor commented, “Two all-beef patties and that special sauce go perfectly together. The Big Mac is now my all-time favorite. I thought I would have to cut it in half, but it was so delicious I couldn’t save it or share it. Going back again for another week.”
Another food review website, Burger Voice, mentioned, “My Big Mac rating is simple: The secret sauce is tangy, sweet, and makes for a nice burger.”
Someone on Quora mentioned, “Now the way that they taste, they are good, especially if you are hungry. They are not the greatest burgers by any standard, but they are good enough, especially if you are hungry. They have that Thousand Island dressing with lettuce and tomato with a double burger, which is a decent burger in some aspects.”
The Food Analyst website said, “The Big Mac has cleaner ingredients than most people think it is, but it’s still not a healthy, clean, low-carb, fat, or sodium option. The taste of the Big Mac is great as always.”
Famous Peep This Out YouTube channel mentioned, “It’s quite saucy, although I am not feeling juicy here. There is a lot of bread in the first bite, and naturally, some beefy flavors, but the patties are fragile, so honestly, there is a lot of mac sauce, the cheese is melted, and the bun feels a little bit softer. The Big Mac sauce is strong.”
What’s My Review On McDonald’s Big Mac?
Regarding the taste, McDonald’s Big Mac burger takes the crown. This burger is all about tasty and satisfying bites.
This Big Mac burger includes the juicy beef patties, the tangy special sauce, the crisp lettuce and pickles, and the gooey cheese; all combine to create a truly satisfying burger.
Moreover, it’s not too greasy and has an outstanding balance of texture and flavors. The bun here is the star of the show, and the sauce and other toppings also play an essential role in creating a rich experience from a burger.
I agree with most reviewers that the McDonald’s Big Mac burger is truly decadent. I highly recommend this Big Mac burger and give it four stars.
Is McDonald’s Big Mac Healthy?
The McDonald’s Big Mac is not a healthy food option. It has high levels of sodium, cholesterol, fat, and calories. Additionally, it is also low in fiber and other nutrients.
To better understand whether the Big Mac is nutritious enough or not, find the nutritional table below:
As you can see, McDonald’s Big Mac Burger contains many calories. Eating a Big Mac regularly can increase your risk of developing obesity, heart disease, stroke, and other chronic health conditions.
Is a Big Mac Better Than The Whopper?
The Big Mac from McDonald’s is better than the Burger King’s Whopper. The Big Mac’s superiority lies in the flavors, greater meat quantity, and a more tender bun.
When comparing two burgers, Big Mac vs. Whopper, examining each ingredient composition is essential. For your better understanding, I have shared a brief overview of the ingredients in each of these burgers.
McDonald’s Big Mac Burger
- Two thin beef patties.
- Sesame bun with a middle bun in the center.
- Special Big Mac sauce
- Lettuce, onions, and cheese
Burger King’s Whopper
- Single beef patty, large.
- Large sesame seed bun.
As you can see, the Big Mac burger contains special Big Mac sauce, while the Whopper does not have any sauce except ketchup and mayonnaise. This, again, is a fundamental ingredient in a burger like Whopper.
Moreover, price-wise, a Big Mac burger is cheaper than a Whopper. Last but not least, the Big Mac burger contains fewer calories compared to the Whopper. So, the clear winner is the Big Mac burger.
Is a Big Mac Better Than The Quarter Pounder?
Yes, a Big Mac is better than a Quarter Pounder. The Big Mac Burger is made with particular components, specifically the Big Mac sauce. The Quarter Pounder is made with the same ingredients that other McDonald’s menu burgers, like Cheeseburger.
Moreover, considering the Big Mac burger is more expensive, it can be pricey. But to your surprise, the Quarter Pounder burger is more expensive than the Big Mac Burger.
The Big Mac Burger will cost you around $4.79, while the Quarter Pounder burger will cost you $5.19. There are many other factors that you can check for the Big Mac vs Quarter Pounder blog that we have covered already.
Different Kinds Of Big Mac Burgers
Over the years, McDonald’s has launched variations of Big Mac burgers. Some of the variations are still available today. So, let’s look at the list of different kinds of Big Mac burgers and what’s so special about them.
- Chicken Big Mac: The Chicken Big Mac is a variation of the Big Mac that uses two breaded chicken patties instead of beef patties. Moreover, the chicken Big Mac includes a tangy and creamy sauce that complements the chicken patties well. You can check out the chicken Big Mac at some McDonald’s restaurants in the United States.
- Grand Big Mac: The Grand Big Mac is a bigger version of the Big Mac. It has two larger beef patties (1⁄3 pound combined), a special sauce, crisp lettuce, two slices of processed cheddar cheese, pickles, and onions on a new toasted sesame seed bun. Moreover, the Grand Big Mac is a huge burger, and it is very filling but heavy in calories.
- Poor Man’s Big Mac: The Poor Man’s Big Mac is another version of Big Mac that uses less beef. It uses small beef patties and only one piece of cake added to the burger. It’s less expensive, as you can get an idea from its name. However, this Poor Man’s Big Mac burger will taste different from a Big Mac burger. If you are up for some compromises, you can try it.
- Junior Mac: The Junior Mac is a smaller version of the Big Mac. It has two smaller beef patties (1⁄5 pound combined), a special sauce, crisp lettuce, one slice of processed cheddar cheese, pickles, and onions on a new toasted sesame seed bun. It is also a good option for children. Moreover, this burger has a giant patty, giving you a filling meal.
Can You Make A Better Version Of McDonald’s Big Mac At Home?
You can make a better version of the Big Mac. To make it extra delicious, season your patties well and cook the patties at a specific heat.
To make a better version, always use fresh ingredients instead of using frozen beef. Moreover, season your patties well by adding other ingredients like garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika.
Moreover, use a generous amount of sauce because that makes the Big Mac delectable. Pay attention to these small tips to craft the replica of McDonald’s Big Mac and make the copycat Big Mac burger right in your kitchen.
That’s all, folks! Finally, we are at the end of this blog. We discussed the taste, flavor, and texture of the Big Mac burger. This burger is a McDonald’s signature burger, which contains two beef patties, cheese slices, pickle slices, and lettuce, all packed in a soft bun.
But McDonald’s has more than just the Big Mac. We have written reviews and given verdicts on various other menu items that you can consider. We talked about other McDonald’s favorites like the Quarter Pounder review, the Filet-O-Fish Sandwich review, and the McCrispy Chicken Sandwich review.
Additionally, find the McDonald’s Big Mac Bun review that goes into making Big Mac burgers. Each of them has its unique taste. I hope you enjoy reading the reviews about all of them.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is a Big Mac from McDonald’s good for you?
The Big Mac burger is a good creation due to its unique ingredients. It consists of special Big Mac sauce, which brings a tangy and sweet flavor to the burger. Moreover, the two beef patties are good enough for a satisfying bite.
Does Big Mac Sauce taste good?
Big Mac sauce tastes unique. It tastes savory, tangy, slightly acidic, and somewhat sweet.
What are the unhealthiest McDonald’s items?
Hotcakes and sauce, Big Mac burgers, Monster burgers, and breakfast platters are some of the unhealthiest McDonald’s items.
What is the Big Mac known for?
Big Mac Burger is the company’s signature burger and is known for its enormous size. It contains two beef patties, cheese, lettuce, pickles, onions, and Big Mac sauce. It is advertised as a three-layer burger by McDonald’s.