McDonald’s Big Mac is a hearty burger applauded for its classic flavored patties. You can make the Big Mac at home with our recipe guide and mimic the exact flavors offered at McDonald’s. Look for a quick knockoff version prepared in a flick!
The Big Mac was first introduced in 1974 with a jingle that became a marketing trend. The trend never lets anyone forget the elements added to the Big Mac. It features beef patties, lettuce, pickles, onions, cheese, and special sauce.
Loaded with double beef patties and three buns, this towering burger will satiate your hunger. Cook the beef patties, toast the buns, chop the veggies, and assemble the burger with the patty and veggies. The secret element is the special sauce.
This isn’t all, keep reading the article. You will see the required list of equipment, ingredients, nutritional facts, and instructions below.
1. McDonald’s Pancakes – McDonald’s pancakes are fluffy, soft, and flavorful. The homemade version can surely hit the spot if you follow the guide.
2. McDonald’s Southwest Salad – McDonald’s southwest salad is prepared with lettuce, lime juice, honey, cilantro, lime zest, chicken, avocado, tortilla strips, and a blend of rich spices.
3. McDonald’s Chicken Wrap – Hit the McDonald’s flavors with your homemade version of chicken wraps right away. McDonald’s chicken wrap consists of white meat chicken tenders, lettuce, cheddar cheese, ranch, and ketchup.
4. McDonald’s Mocha Frappe – McDonald’s mocha frappe needs brewed coffee, half and half, whipping cream, chocolate syrup, and sugar. Whip up the elements and it will be ready!
What Equipment Will You Need To Make McDonald’s Big Mac?
- Grilling Pan – Sear the beef patty using a grilling pan.
- Tongs – Flip the patties to cook on both sides with a tong.
- Knife – Chop the veggies with a knife.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make McDonald’s Big Mac?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||15 Minutes||20 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make McDonald’s Big Mac?
- Ground Chuck Meat – Chuck meat is a beef steak used to prepare beef patties.
- American Cheese – Take some American cheese slices to add to the Big Mac burger.
- Big Mac Bun – Big Mac bun can be easily available in nearby grocery stores. Take three halves of the hamburger buns to prepare a Big Mac.
- Olive Oil – Season the ground meat with a teaspoon of olive oil.
- Onion Powder – Enhance the aromatic flavors of ground beef with a teaspoon of onion powder.
- Garlic Powder – Add a teaspoon of garlic powder to the ground meat mixture.
- Onion – Add a few onion slices for a savory blend.
- Pickles – Spice up the Big Mac with sliced pickles.
- Iceberg Lettuce -Take a sprig of iceberg lettuce to put in the big mac burger. It adds some freshness and crunchiness to the burger.
- Butter – Toast the burger buns with a teaspoon of butter.
- Salt – Add salt to your taste.
- Black Pepper – Season the patties with a pinch of black pepper.
- Special sauce – A teaspoon of special sauce will bring out the savory blend and fruity notes.
Steps To Make McDonald’s Big Mac
Chop the lettuce, onions, and pickles. Gather all the pantry items required around on the table. Season the ground meat with a teaspoon of olive oil, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper. Using your hands, roll the meat mixture into a flat round patty.
2. Heat’s Turn
Sear the two patties on a skillet or grilling pan. Cook the beef patty until it is tender and golden brown. At the same time, toast the burger buns with a teaspoon of butter.
3. Assemble The Burger
Slather special sauce on one-half of the burger buns. Then, place the cooked beef patty, followed by an American cheese slice, lettuce, onions, and pickles. Add another half of the bun, beef patty with lettuce, onions, and pickles. Cover the burger with the other half of the bun and serve.
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
How Will McDonald’s Big Mac Look And Taste Like?
McDonald’s Big Mac looks like a towering burger clubbed with two beef patties and three buns. The bun added in the middle of the burger is called a club bun. It doesn’t let the Big Mac towering burger fall. On top of that, the seasoned patties with fresh veggies and special sauce taste delectable and satiating.
McDonald’s Big Mac Recipe
- Grilling Pan
- ½ pound Ground Chuck Meat
- 2 slices American Cheese
- 3 halves Big Mac Bun
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ cup Onion
- ½ cup Pickles
- 1 sprig Iceberg Lettuce
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Special sauce
- Take half a pound of ground beef meat, and season it with olive oil, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper. Combine it well.
- Form two patties with the ground meat mixture.
- Grill the patties using a skillet. Using tongs, flip the patty to cook on both sides.
- Cook the patty until it is golden brown.
- Meanwhile, toast the Big Mac buns with a teaspoon of butter.
- Chop the lettuce, pickles, and onions to club the Big Mac burger.
- Finally, when the patty is cooked and the buns are toasted, begin to assemble.
- Take one half of the burger bun, slather a teaspoon of special sauce on the bun. Place the beef patty, followed by an American cheese slice, lettuce, onions, and pickles.
- Then, place another beef patty and repeat with lettuce, onions, and pickles.
- Serve the Big Mac with fries or any other sides.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Why does a Big Mac have 3 buns?
The Big Mac burger has two beef patties and three halves of the burger buns. By adding the middle bun you can keep the beef patties in place. The firm Big Mac doesn’t fall and is a towering burger.
Does McDonald’s use real cheese?
McDonald’s uses American cheddar cheese in making the burgers.
Does a Big Mac have tomatoes?
Big Mac doesn’t have tomatoes added to it.
What is a Big Mac without meat?
Big Mac without meat is made from a plant-based burger patty or we can say the vegetarian patty is added in this variant.
Prepare a homemade McDonald’s Big Mac burger with the help of our recipe article. Leave us a comment and share your cooking experience with us.