Who doesn’t love a warm and delicious apple pie? And when it comes to fast food chains, McDonald’s apple pies have been a fan favorite for generations. But what if I told you you could make your version of this McDonald’s apple pie recipe? Excited to know the recipe, look at the recipe quickly.
To make apple pie, put the oven on the preheat. Cook apple filling with apples, sugar, cinnamon, and salt for 10 minutes. Roll out the puff pastry and cut 8 rectangles from it. Now fill each rectangle with apple mixture and cover it with other rectangles. Crimp the edges with a fork and make slits onto the pie using a knife.
Bake the apple pies in the oven for 25 minutes, and you will be rewarded with a delicious and gooey dessert. This recipe uses high-quality apples that are moderately sweet and tangy. Moreover, you can top the pies with whipping cream to give a restaurant-style dessert vibe.
Making delightful apple pie is a fun experience. So, gather your ingredients and equipment and prepare to bake your first-ever apple pie. In the below recipe, you will also get nutritional information and a recipe card to pin on your Pinterest board.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make McDonald’s Apple Pie?
- Oven – Bake the apple pie in the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Baking Sheet – Place the apple pie on the baking sheet.
- Saucepan – Make apple filling in the saucepan.
- Spatula – Use a spatula to stir the ingredients in the saucepan.
- Fork – Crimp the edges with the use of a fork.
- Bowl – In a bowl, combine all the apple-filling ingredients.
- Knife – Use a knife to make slits in the pie.
- Brush – Brush the egg wash on the apple pie.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make McDonald’s Apple Pie?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|15 Minutes||25 Minutes||40 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make McDonald’s Apple Pie?
- Apples – Apples are the hero ingredient of apple pie. They add sweet and tangy flavors to the pie.
- Butter – Use butter to make the apple pie filling buttery and delicious.
- Lemon – Add ½ teaspoon of lemon juice for the sour flavors.
- Egg – The egg wash is brushed on the dough before baking it. It helps the pie to brown correctly.
- Puff Pastry – Use puff pastry to form the crust for the apple pie. It will give a flaky, crisp texture.
- Brown Sugar – Add caramelized flavor to the apple pie filling.
- Cinnamon Sugar – A mixture of cinnamon and sugar is sprinkled on the top of the pie for garnishing.
- Salt – Balance the apple pie filling taste with a teaspoon of salt.
Steps To Make McDonald’s Apple Pie
1. Make The Filling
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. At the same time, heat the pan and melt the butter. Now stir in apples, sugar, cinnamon, salt, and lemon juice. Bring to a simmer and cook until the apples are soft and tender. Cook for about 8 minutes.
2. Make A Pastry
On a floured surface, roll the puff pastry and make it 12 inches large. Divide into eight rectangles. Now spoon the apple mixture into the center of 4 rectangles. Top with remaining rectangles and crimp the edges with a fork. Make four slits into the tops of each pie using a knife.
3. Prepare Egg Wash
In a small bowl, whisk eggs with one tablespoon of cold water. Now, brush the egg wash onto the pies and sprinkle cinnamon sugar.
4. Bake In The Oven
Place the pies on the baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes until golden brown. Mcdonald’s apple pie is ready.
How Will McDonald’s Apple Pie Look And Taste Like?
Mcdonald’s apple pie is a sweet and savory dessert. It has a distinctive appearance and unique flavor. The crust is golden brown and it has a flakey texture from the outside and a gooey inside.
The apple filling is a little spicy, sweet, and tangy. These apple pies are often served hot. The buttery puff pastry and flavored apple filling evoke your childhood memories.
The top is dusted with cinnamon sugar for decoration. The overall look of the apple pie is festive and presented well on the plate.
McDonald’s Apple Pie Recipe
- Baking Sheet
- Spatula Fork
- 2 Apples (peeled & chopped)
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Egg
- 1 sheet Puff Pastry
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar
- Cinnamon Sugar (for garnishing)
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Melt butter in the pan.
- Cook apples with sugar, cinnamon, and salt for 8 minutes until soft.
- Roll out puff pastry to 12 inches and cut into 8 rectangles.
- Place apple filling on four rectangles and top with remaining pastry. Crimp edges.
- Whisk egg with water for egg wash and brush onto pies. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Place pies on a baking sheet for 25 minutes until golden brown.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
What is McDonald’s apple pie made of?
Mcdonald’s apple pie is made with a flaky crust filled with tender chunks of cinnamon-spiced apples.
Why does McDonald’s apple pie taste so good?
McDonald’s apple pie combines ingredients, texture, and flavor uniquely. The apple filling offers you tangy, slightly spicy, and sweet flavors. The pies are baked and served warm, which enhances the pie’s taste and aroma. Therefore, these apple pies are well-known among the young crowd.
Can you reheat a McDonald’s apple pie?
You can reheat a McDonald’s apple pie in the oven or microwave. To reheat in the oven, preheat it to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and bake the pie for 5-10 minutes. To reheat in the microwave, place the pie on a microwave-safe plate and microwave for 15-20 seconds.
How long does McDonald’s apple pie stay fresh?
A homemade apple pie stays for up to 2 days in the refrigerator. When you want to consume it, remove it from the refrigerator and reheat it in the microwave.
The secret to making McDonald’s apple pie has finally been uncovered. You will love the sweet aroma of this pie. Whip up the large apple pies at home and share them with your friends and family.
Put on your chef hat and prepare to make these aromatic apple pies. But before you take off, I want to ask you about your McDonald’s memory. Share your McDonald’s memories with me in the comment section.