Matzo ball soup is a delicious soup filled with the goodness of vegetables. It is different from the regular chicken soup because of the Matzo balls in it. It is also easy to make and has a unique flavor.
Matzo ball soup is a healthy and delicious soup that tastes similar to chicken noodles soup except for the noodles. This soup is unique because of the matzo balls present in it, which are just Jewish dumplings made from meat. When these dumplings are served in a chicken soup, it’s known as Matzo Ball Soup.
Matzo ball soup is prepared in just 3 easy steps. First, prepare the soup using onion, celery, carrots, chicken breasts, chicken broth, pepper and water. Then, prepare the matzo balls. Put the balls in the soup and let it simmer for some time. It is ready to be served.
This is just the short recipe for the soup. I’ve mentioned the whole process in detail below with proper ingredients and the nutrients present in this matzo ball soup. But first, let’s check out the ingredients.
Matzo Ball Soup Recipe
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Yellow Onion
- 3 Carrots
- 3 Stalks Celery
- 3-4 lbs. Chicken Breast
- 6 Cups Chicken Broth
- 2 Cups Water
- Freshly Cracked Pepper
- Few sprigs Fresh Dill
For Matzo balls
- 3 Eggs
- 3 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- ¾ Cup Matzo Meal
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- Firstly, dice the onion, celery and carrots. Also, grind the garlic. Then, fry the garlic, onion, celery and carrots quickly in little hot fat with vegetable oil in a large pan for about 5 minutes. Freshly Cracked Pepper
- Firstly, dice the onion, celery and carrots. Also, grind the garlic. Then, fry the garlic, onion, celery and carrots quickly in little hot fat with vegetable oil in a large pan for about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, chicken breast, 2 cups of water, some pepper and sprigs of dill in the pot. Let it simmer for 30 minutes. Mix matzo ball dough in simmering soup.
- Now, to make matzo balls, stir the eggs and vegetable oil in a bowl. Also add salt, matzo meal, baking powder and pepper in it. Mix them properly.
- After mixing, add 3 tablespoons of water and mix it again until it smoothens. Then, cool the mixture for 30 minutes so that matzo meal absorbs the moisture.
- Now, carefully remove the chicken breast from simmered chicken soup. Shred the chicken breast and put it back into the soup.
- When the matzo meal is ready, form it in the shape of a ball and put the balls into the soup. Let it simmer for 20 minutes.