Today’s recipe is going to be tasty as well as healthy. We will learn to make matzo ball soup. The soup which you have once will never be able to forget its taste. Try it once and you won’t regret it at all.
Matzo ball soup is a healthy and delicious soup that tastes similar to the chicken noodles soup except for the noodles. This soup is so unique because of the matzo balls present in it that are just Jewish dumplings made from meat. When these dumplings are served in a chicken soup, it’s known as Matzo Ball Soup.
Matzo ball soup be prepared in just 3 easy steps. First prepare the soup using onion, celery, carrots, chicken breasts, chicken broth, pepper and water. Then prepare matzo balls and put the balls in the soup and let it simmer until it is ready to be served.
I know this sounds really easy but the authentic recipe isn’t this short. I’ve mentioned the whole detailed process below with proper ingredients and the nutrients present in this matzo ball soup. But first, let’s check out the ingredients.
Ingredients For Matzo Ball Soup
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Yellow Onion
- 3 Carrots
- 3 Stalks Celery
- 3-4 lb Chicken Breast
- 6 cups Chicken Broth
- 2 cups Water
- Freshly Cracked Pepper
- Few Sprigs Fresh Dill
For Matzo balls:
- 3 Eggs.
- 3 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- ¾ cup Matzo Meal
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- Freshly Cracked Pepper
These ingredients are the key factor behind its yummy taste. So collect all the above ingredients to make matzo ball soup at home.
How Much Time It Will Take To Prepare Matzo Ball Soup?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 minutes||1 hour 30 minutes||1 hour 40 minutes|
This is the time that we need to invest in making this healthy matzo ball soup. So let’s procced to the finals steps that we need to follow in making chicken matzo soup.
Steps To Make Matzo Ball Soup
- Firstly dice the onion, celery and carrots. Also, grind the garlic. Then fry the garlic, onion, celery and carrots quickly in little hot fat with vegetable oil in a large pan for about 5 minutes.
- Then add chicken broth, chicken breast,2 cups of water, some pepper and sprigs of dill in the pot. Then let it simmer for 30 minutes.
- Then mix matzo ball dough in simmering soup. Now to make matzo balls, stir the eggs and vegetable oil in the bowl. Also add salt, matzo meal, baking powder and pepper in the bowl.
- Mix them properly. After some mixing, add 3 tbsp of water and mix it again until it smoothes. Then cool the mixture for 30 minutes so that matzo meal absorbs the moisture.
- Now carefully remove the chicken breast from simmered chicken soup. And shred the chicken breast and return it to the soup.
- When the matzo meal is ready, form it in the shape of a ball, put the balls into the soup, and let it simmer for 20 minutes.
- Now it is ready to be served.
This is it. Your warm and cosy matzo ball soup is ready. Make it at your home and everyone is going to love it.
Nutritional Breakdown Of Matzo Ball Soup
This matzo ball soup is a healthy treat. Here is a table showing the amount of calories and nutrients 2 cups of matzo ball soup can provide.
How To Make Matzo Ball Soup At Home | Video
I have also uploaded a video which can help you in the process. Watch the video and try to make this nutritious and delicious soup at home.
Try to make this matzo ball soup at your home and share the reviews in the comments section. Check out other amazing recipes on our website. Till then, stay healthy and keep cooking.