Mashed Potato Bar is one of my favourite dishes. My grandmother used to make this for nearly every occasion. I and my elder sister loved eating it. My sister soon learnt the Mashed Potato Bar Recipe from her. I still remember when she made this dish at home for the first time after my grandmother left for her heavenly abode. It brought both tears and smile on my face. Now, I too have learnt the recipe of Mashed Potato Bar from her. Whenever I feel lonely, I treat myself with Mashed Potato Bar and relive all those memories.
As for mashed potatoes, the recipes for making it first appeared in 1747 with an entry in The Art of Cookery by Hannah Glasse. They can be used as an intermediary ingredient for some other dishes like dumplings or a side dish to meat or vegetables.
If you love mashed potatoes as I do, check out the Mashed Potato Bar Recipe given below and bring happiness to your loved ones by serving it to them. But here are some other amazing recipes that you should definitely try.
1. Mama’s Cabbage– If you love eating healthy and green veggies, then try making Mama’s Cabbage at your home.
2. Cream Cheese Mashed Potatoes– As soon as you see Cream Cheese Mashed Potatoes, your mouth would start watering. Quick to make and with marvellous taste, these cheesy and buttery potatoes are an absolute delight and are a huge hit.
3. Mac And Cheese Without Milk– If you’re one of those people, who don’t like milk in mac and cheese or sometimes you don’t have milk at your home. Then this recipe is a perfect choice for you guys.
4. Vegan Pasta Salad– This Vegan Pasta Salad recipe is easy to whip up using a few simple ingredients, all tossed with a simple vinaigrette, it’s customizable, can be made ahead of time and of course – it’s absolutely delicious!
Ingredients required for Mashed Potato Bar Recipe
|Russet Potatoes (Peeled and Cut into Quarters)||4 pounds|
|Unsalted Butter (Softened)||3/4 cup|
|Softened Crème Cheese||4 ounces|
|Chicken Stock||1/2 cup|
|Whole Milk (Divided)||1/2 cup|
|Sea Salt||1 tbsp|
|Freshly Cracked Black Pepper||1 tbsp|
Note- Sour cream, chopped fresh chives, shredded Cheddar cheese and crisp and crumbled cooked bacon are recommended for additional serving along with mashed potatoes.
How much will it take ?
|Preparation time||Cooking time||Total time|
|20 minutes||25 minutes||45 minutes|
Mashed Potato Bar Recipe
- Take a large pot and put potatoes into it. To cover it, add cold water.
- Let it boil over medium-high. Cook them until they get softened( about 20 minutes).
- Now, drain the potatoes and put them back into the pot.
- After this, add butter, cream cheese, stock and 1/3 cup of milk and for blending these ingredients, a potato masher would be appropriate.
- Put some salt and pepper on it as a seasoning
- The remaining milk should be added into it as per requirements and keep stirring.
- Meanwhile, the oven should be preheated to 250 degrees F.
- Now, take a 4-quart baking dish and transfer mashed potatoes to it.
- In order to keep the potatoes warm, cover them with aluminium foil and leave them undisturbed in the preheated oven.
- To make the dish more attractive and tasty, serve sour cream, cheese, bacon and butter in small bowls alongside the warm potatoes.
- Your dish is ready to serve.
Nutritional information of Mashed Potato Bar Recipe
|Total fats||2.8 g|
|Total carbohydrates||15 g|
|Dietary fiber||1.3 g|