Want a great pancake recipe that everyone in your home would like? Want to make pancakes for your kids that they will eat quietly? If you are looking for the answers to these questions, then I will suggest you read this article and know the whole recipe. This is the best pancakes recipe that you will ever come across and is considered one of the best and delicious pancakes in the whole world.
So, what is this recipe then? This pancake recipe goes by the name of Mary Berry Drop Scones. Named after a very renowned and famous food celebrity and chef Mary Berry, this recipe is the best drop scones ever. She made it with so much perfection that even today, her drop scones are worldwide famous in various countries and their restaurants.
So, how to make them? They are easy to make, just like any other pancake recipe. It is the ingredients and their specific quantity that makes this dish a difference-maker. Just like any other pancake, it has all the common ingredients like sugar, flour, butter, egg. But the addition of orange gives it a unique touch that makes it stand out from the rest of the pancakes out there.
So, ready to make one for your kids and well-wishers? Here’s the full recipe that you can follow and know what makes it so delicious.
Ingredients for Mary Berry’s Orange Drop Scones
|Self-Raising Flour||175 gm.|
|Baking Powder||1 tsp.|
|Caster Sugar||40 gm.|
|Sunflower Oil||For greasing|
These Ingredients are enough to make these Mary Berry Drop Scones at home. Grab them from any nearest supermarket or grocery store and start your preparations.
How Much Time Will it Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|20 Minutes||20 Minutes||40 Minutes|
The time taken by this recipe is not that long. One can efficiently devote his 40 minutes from a busy day to make this delicious recipe at home.
Now comes the essential part of the recipe where we are about to start its cooking. In this part of the recipe, you will know how to make this best Mary Berry Drop Scones at home without any trouble. So, let’s get started and make this recipe fast.
Mary Berry’s Orange Drop Scones Recipe
- In a mixing bowl, add flour, baking powder, sugar, and orange zest. Now add the egg in the center of it and some milk.
- Beat it well and until a smooth batter is formed. Add more milk such that the batter changes its consistency to a thick pouring cream.
- Now in a non-stick pan greased with some oil, pour this mixture onto the pan of considerable size and keep them well apart as they will spread.
- Cook them until bubbles begin to appear on its surface. Cook these scones on both sides for about 1 minute or more until they turn light brown.
- Lift these pancakes and place them on a wire rack and cover them with a clean tea towel to keep them soft. Make the pancakes of the remaining batter similarly.
- Once done, serve with some butter, honey, yogurt, blueberries, and any other available fruits.
And you are done! Your Mary Berry Drop Scones are ready and can now be tasted by you and your whole family. Enjoy these drop scones and have a little change in your regular food menu.
Nutritional Breakdown of Mary Berry’s Orange Drop Scones
The nutritional setup is provided below in the table. Make sure to watch it and know what nutrients are you consuming.
How to Make Mary Berry’s Orange Drop Scones at Home | Video
To help you out with some more details and clear your confusion, here is a video that we have posted below. Watch it and make these drop scones easily at home.
So what do you think about this recipe? Tell me if you know something more about this recipe and I will love to add it. Do share this recipe with your friends and let us know their reviews and experiences in the comments section below.