It’s Halloween, most of you must be busy planning out what to give to little kids who come about trick or treating. Most kids are really fond of Marshmallows, so how about going down the simple route and making some delicious Halloween-special marshmallow pops?
These marshmallow pops are really easy to make, and this recipe is extremely time efficient too. Most of us are always busy working, even if we have kids at home. These marshmallow pops can also be a good way to enjoy some kitchen time with your kids, as they can be a really fun activity for your kids.
Moreover, the best part is that you don’t need to make marshmallows; you can always use store-bought ones! That is the beauty of this recipe; it is extremely simple and time efficient, and there are various ways to make it too!
Plus, kids love some marshmallows, and these marshmallow pops coated with some chocolate will surely brighten their day. Before we get to explore the actual recipe for marshmallow pops, given below is a guide on the equipment you will need to make the marshmallow pops.
Furthermore, there is also a list of the ingredients that you will need to make the marshmallow pops, followed by the method. So now, to make Halloween celebrations extra special, let us discover this simple recipe for marshmallow pops without any further ado!
Other Halloween Recipes That You Can Try
- Lolly Pop Ghosts
- Monster Cake Pops
- Ghostbuster Birthday Cake
- Hostess Twinkies
- Nutter Butter Boos
- Marshmallow Toppers
- Ghostbuster Cocktail
- Ghostbuster Cookies
- Hocus Pocus Cookies
- Crockpot Candy Crack
What Equipment Will You Need For Marshmallow Pops?
- Bowl – You will need a large microwave-safe bowl to melt your chocolate to coat the marshmallows. You will also need three small bowls for the marshmallow pops toppings and fillings.
- Spoons – To coat the marshmallows evenly with chocolate and toppings while also keeping your hands clean, you will need a few large spoons.
- Spatula – A spatula will be a useful tool to scrape all the chocolate inside the bowl and not waste any of it. However, in case you don’t have a spatula, you can instead use a spoon too.
- Tray – You will need a flat tray of any sort to make your marshmallow pops. The tray will be useful once you coat the marshmallows with chocolate and need to let them dry.
- Baking Paper Or Silicone Mat – Either a piece of baking paper or a silicone mat needs to be laid out on the tray. This will give the marshmallow pops a cleaner surface to dry on, and will be less of a mess while cleaning, afterward.
- Plastic Popsicle Sticks – Sturdy plastic sticks, like lollipop sticks, will be needed to stack up your marshmallows one on top of the other. In case you can’t find lollipop sticks, you can alternatively use straws too.
How Much Time Do You Need To Make Marshmallow Pops?
|Preparation Time||Resting Time||Decoration Time||Total Time|
|45 Minutes||20 Minutes||25 Minutes||1 Hour 30 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Marshmallow Pops?
- Marshmallows – Use 36 Marshmallows to get a yield of 12 marshmallow pops. You can use any sort of marshmallows that you like.
- Dark Chocolate – You will need two cups of either a bar of dark chocolate, chopped into little pieces, or you can simply use dark chocolate wafers.
- Oil – You will need a small amount of oil to add it to the melted chocolate. The oil will help keep the chocolate from getting too thick once it starts to set. Use one teaspoon of vegetable oil or any other oil that does not have a strong scent or flavor.
- Peanut Butter – To add a variety of flavors to the marshmallow pops, peanut butter can be used as a filling. You can use a teaspoon of peanut butter to stack some of the marshmallows together onto the plastic stick.
- Nutella – Using Nutella for marshmallow pops is another way to add some flavor to them. The rule stays the same as peanut butter, use just a teaspoon of Nutella while stacking the marshmallow pieces together onto the stick.
- Chopped Nuts – To add a little contrast of textures and to give your marshmallows a fun design, you can use ¼ cup of any unsalted chopped nuts of your choice. I would recommend using hazelnuts and almonds as they will give the best flavor.
- Sprinkles – Any treat made for kids is incomplete without some sprinkles! To make your marshmallow pops look visually more appealing and to add a crunchy element, you will need ¼ cup of any colorful sprinkles of your choice.
Steps To Make Marshmallow Pops
1. Melt The Chocolate
The first step to making marshmallow pops at home is to melt your chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Alternatively, you can also melt the chocolate over a double boiler. While melting the chocolate in a microwave, you can melt it for around 2 minutes.
However, make sure that you take the bowl out of the microwave every 30 seconds and give it a little mix. In case you let it melt for two minutes at a stretch, there are chances of the chocolate overheating and clumping together. This will also end up giving the chocolate a rancid taste.
2. Stack The Marshmallows
While your chocolate is melting in the microwave, you can start stacking your marshmallows together. The best way to do this is to use three marshmallows on one stick, all stacked one upon the other.
To add a little extra flavor and fun to your marshmallow pops, my advice would be to use peanut butter as a filling for four stacks. Likewise, you can use Nutella as a filling for four stacks and keep the last four stacks plain. This will give a great flavor variety. You just need to spread less than a teaspoon of Nutella or peanut butter to stick the marshmallows together while stacking them.
3. Mix In The Oil
Once your chocolate has melted completely, you can mix in the oil with a whisk or a spatula to give it a smoother consistency and a better shine. This will also prevent the chocolate from setting up really quickly.
Once the oil is mixed into the chocolate, you need to make sure that the rest of your ingredients and equipment are ready. This includes the stacked marshmallows, along with a tray lined with either a silicone mat or baking paper.
4. Coat The Marshmallows
Once everything is ready and in place, you can start coating the marshmallows that have been stacked onto a stick with the chocolate. The easiest way to do so is by using a large spoon and dripping the chocolate onto the marshmallows.
Once the marshmallows are evenly coated with chocolate, tap the stick lightly on the chocolate bowl. This will remove the excess chocolate and give your marshmallow pops a smoother finish. Once they are properly coated, lay them out onto the tray lined with baking paper for the pops to dry.
5. Decorate and Have Fun!
As you leave the marshmallow pops to dry, make sure that they don’t dry completely before you top them with your favorite sprinkles and nuts. If they dry completely, the decoration won’t stick to them, and if the chocolate has not dried at all, it won’t stay in place.
So, the best stage to add your favorite sprinkles and decorations is when the cake pops are halfway dry. The chocolate should not be completely dry, and at the same time, it should not be dripping.
Once you have decorated the cake pops with your favorite decorations, let them dry for another 10-15 minutes. Once they are completely dry, you can either store them in a container until further use or serve them right away!
|Saturated Fat||8 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||5 g|
|Trans Fat||0.01 g|
|Vitamin A||12 IU|
|Vitamin C||0.03 mg|
How Will Homemade Marshmallow Pops Look And Taste Like?
Now that all the preparation and kitchen work is over, it is finally time to enjoy the marshmallow pops! The marshmallow pops will have a sweet flavor along with a spongy texture from the marshmallows. However, once you bite into it, you will also get a great flavor along with the crunch of dark chocolate.
Moreover, the sprinkles will add a fun element that will attract children, along with a crunchy texture. The ones with peanut butter as a filling will have a better contrasting flavor, in case you wouldn’t want the marshmallow pops to be too sweet. All in all, these marshmallow pops make a really easy and fun recipe to celebrate Halloween with!
Marshmallow Pops Recipe
- 36 pieces Marshmallows
- 2 cups Dark Chocolate
- 1/4 cup Chopped Nuts
- 1/4 cup Sprinkles
- 2 teaspoon Vegetable Oil
- 3 teaspoons Peanut Butter
- 3 teaspoons Nutella
- Stack three pieces of marshmallows on a plastic stick with some Nutella and peanut butter.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt dark chocolate for 2 minutes, while taking it out of the microwave and mixing it at 30 second intervals.
- Once the chocolate is completely melted, add the oil.
- Coat the marshmallow stacks with the melted chocolate, with the help of a large spoon.
- Once the marshmallows are fully coated with chocolate, tap the stick gently on the bowl with chocolate to remove excess.
- Place the chocolate coated marshmallow pops on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Once they are halfway dry, coat them with sprinkles or chopped nuts.
- Let the pops dry completely.
- One dry, your marshmallow pops are ready to be served!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Why is my chocolate getting clumpy?
The reason why your melted chocolate may be getting clumpy is mostly because of overheating.
How can you save your chocolate from getting lumps?
The easiest way to save your chocolate from getting lumps is by heating it only for 30 seconds at a stretch in the microwave.
Why is oil added to the melted chocolate?
A little bit of oil is usually added to melted chocolate as it gives the chocolate a better shine and also helps prevent the chocolate from drying out too quickly.
Can I use fillings other than peanut butter and Nutella to make my marshmallow pops?
Yes, you can use any filling of your choice to make the marshmallow pops as per your liking.
Let me know in the comments below if you tried and liked this recipe! For more such Halloween recipes, don’t forget to check our website’s recipe section.