Mardi Gras mustard sauce has a sweet and spicy nature. This sauce is perfectly paired with fried dishes. Concocting Mardi Gras mustard sauce at home is a child’s play. Just whisk the elements, and the sauce will be ready! Scroll down to know the details.
For making Popeyes Mardi Gras mustard sauce, you need mayonnaise, hot horseradish, Cajun seasoning, red pepper, garlic powder, cayenne, dark brown sugar, spicy brown mustard, and grainy mustard.
This mustard sauce is different from the regular honey mustard sauce as it contains dotted ground mustard seeds. All in all, this homemade mustard sauce is a delight for all the cuisine options.
After following the right steps and elements, we have got the perfect copycat Popeyes mustard sauce recipe. Dive in to know the detailed list of required equipment, ingredients, nutritional information, and instructions for making Popeyes rich Mardi Gras mustard sauce at home!
Out of mustard seeds? Here is a list of mustard seeds substitutes for you. Now, it’s time to get started with the recipe and enjoy your chicken wings. But before getting the instructions, check out our other copycat recipes below.
1. Popeyes Cajun French Fries – Popeyes Cajun french fries are loaded with the flavors of Cajun spice mix. These fries are crispy golden and have a peppery smoky taste. These fries are served with ketchup or any other condiment. You can have this side dish with any type of meal.
2. Popeyes Salt Seasoning – Popeye’s salt seasoning is a mixture of salt, pepper, kosher, sage, chipotle, chili, onion powder, smoked paprika, and many other spices. Use this seasoning mixture in any dish to have the flavors of these spices in it.
3. Popeyes Mashed Potatoes – Popeyes mashed potatoes is a creamy delicious side dish. This dish has a velvety smooth texture. It has soft potatoes mashed with parsley, pepper, and salt. It’s topped with fresh mint leaves to give a fresh herbal twist to this dish. You can enjoy this dish with any main course dish.
4. Popeyes Cajun Gravy – Popeyes Cajun gravy is a delish meld of flavors. This gravy has red bell pepper, oregano, thyme, cayenne pepper, white pepper, garlic powder, and many other spices in it. It also has the taste of Tabasco sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and bacon grease. This gravy can be enjoyed with mashed potatoes, turkey dishes, and biscuits.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Popeyes Mardi Gras Mustard Sauce?
- Bowl – In a bowl, you can mix all the elements nicely.
- Whisk – Using a whisk will help you achieve the desired thick, smooth, and creamy texture of Mardi Gras mustard sauce.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Popeyes Mardi Gras Mustard Sauce?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||5 Minutes||10 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Popeyes Mardi Gras Mustard Sauce?
- Mayonnaise – For preparing the Mardi Gras mustard sauce, take the mayonnaise for the base of the sauce.
- Spicy Brown Mustard – Adding a tablespoon of spicy brown mustard brings out pungent and spicy flavors to the sauce.
- Hot Horseradish – Hot horseradish will add heat to the sauce. The horseradish adds rich and umami flavors.
- Cajun Seasoning – Season your Mardi Gras mustard sauce with the Popeyes famous Cajun seasoning. The seasoning has well-blended spices.
- Red Pepper – A teaspoon of red pepper will give color to the sauce.
- Cayenne Pepper – Heat up the mustard sauce with a teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
- Garlic Powder – For aromatic and garlicky flavors, add a pinch of garlic powder.
- Dark Brown Sugar – Sugar will balance the spicy flavors added to the sauce.
- Whole Grain Mustard – Whole Grain Mustard is well-suited for vinaigrette and dressings. It is highly nutritious and has omega-3 fatty acids.
Steps To Make Popeyes Mardi Gras Mustard Sauce
Gather all the elements on the table. Take regular or vegan mayonnaise as per your wish. Get ready with a bowl, whisk, and all other spices.
2. Whip Up
Get ready for the magical flavors added to the sauce. Take a bowl, and start adding the elements one by one. First, a tablespoon of mayonnaise. Then a teaspoon of spicy brown mustard, horseradish, Cajun seasoning, red pepper, cayenne pepper, brown mustard, whole grain mustard, brown sugar, and garlic powder.
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
How Will Popeyes Mardi Gras M jmustard Sauce Look And Taste Like?
Popeyes Mardi Gras mustard sauce has horseradish-filled flavors that taste delicious with pleasant mustard notes. Moreover, the Cajun seasoning adds subtle spicy, rich, and umami flavors to the Mardi Gras mustard sauce.
Mardi Gras Mustard Sauce Recipe
- 2 tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Hot Horseradish
- ¼ teaspoons Cajun Seasoning
- ¼ teaspoons Crushed Red Pepper
- ⅛ teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 2 teaspoons Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoons Spicy Brown Mustard
- 1 tablespoon Whole Grain Mustard
- Take a bowl to add mayonnaise, horseradish, Cajun seasoning, red pepper, cayenne pepper, brown mustard, whole grain mustard, brown sugar, and garlic powder.
- Whisk all the elements evenly until smooth.
- Pop the sauce into the fridge and let it sit for some time. This will help in immersing the flavors nicely.
- Serve with your favorite food dishes. You can also store the sauce for up to a week.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What does Popeyes Mardi Gras mustard taste like?
Mardi Gras mustard sauce tastes sweet and spicy. It has a tart and sweet flavors added to it. The sauce is well paired with fried dishes.
2. What is Mardi Gras mustard made of?
Popeyes Mardi Gras mustard sauce is prepared by using mayonnaise, horseradish, Cajun seasoning, red pepper, cayenne pepper, brown mustard, whole grain mustard, brown sugar, and garlic powder.
3. What does Mardi Gras mustard taste like?
Popeyes Mardi Gras mustard sauce looks like honey mustard sauce. However, with horseradish-filled flavors, this Mardi Gras mustard sauce tastes delicious with pleasant mustard notes.
4. Which mustard sauce is best?
Every mustard sauce has different flavors. However, some of the best and most delicious mustard sauces are Kasundi Mustard Sauce, Mardi Gras mustard sauce, and Dijon mustard sauce.
5. What do you eat with mustard sauce?
Mustard sauce is well paired with classic salads, greens, roasted fries, coleslaw, and much more.
As with most cooking techniques, understanding the foundation gives you control and creative freedom.
Now, it’s your turn. Try this amazing recipe at your home and share your wonderful experience with us in the comments below. I will definitely try to cover it in our upcoming blogs.