Mardi Gras mustard sauce has a sweet and spicy nature. This sauce pairs perfectly with fried dishes. Preparing this sauce at home is a child’s play. Just whisk the elements, and the sauce will be ready!
To make Popeyes Mardi gras mustard sauce, all you need to do is to mix mayonnaise, hot horseradish, seasonings, spices, brown mustard, and grainy mustard.
Out of mustard seeds? Here is a list of mustard seeds substitutes for you. Now, it’s time to get started with the recipe and enjoy your chicken wings.
After following the right steps and elements, we have got the perfect Popeyes Mardi gras mustard sauce copycat recipe. Dive in to know the detailed information, and instructions for this recipe at home!
But before getting the instructions, check out our other copycat recipes below.
What's In The Post
Other Sauce Recipes That You Can Try
- Provencal Sauce Recipe
- Texas Trash Dip Recipe
- Tonkatsu Sauce Recipe
- Annatto Oil Recipe
- Sweet Sugar Syrup Recipe
- Sweet Cream Butter Recipe
- Green Goddess Dressing Recipe
- Popeyes Cajun Gravy Recipe
- Famous Dave’s BBQ Sauce Recipe
- Chicken Liver Pate Recipe
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Popeyes Mardi Gras Mustard Sauce?
- Bowl – In a bowl, mix all the ingredients until they are nicely incorporated.
- Whisk – Using a whisk will help you achieve the desired thickness, smoothness, and creamy texture of Mardi Gras mustard sauce.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Popeyes Mardi Gras Mustard Sauce?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||5 Minutes||10 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Popeyes Mardi Gras Mustard Sauce?
- Mayonnaise – For preparing the Mardi Gras mustard sauce, take the mayonnaise for the base of the sauce.
- Hot Horseradish – Hot horseradish will add heat to the sauce. The horseradish adds rich and umami flavors.
- Spicy Brown Mustard – Adding a tablespoon of spicy brown mustard brings out pungent and spicy flavors to the sauce.
- Whole Grain Mustard – Whole Grain Mustard is well-suited for vinaigrette and dressings. It is highly nutritious and has omega-3 fatty acids.
- Cajun Seasoning – Season your Mardi Gras mustard sauce with the Popeyes famous Cajun seasoning. The seasoning has well-blended spices.
- Red Pepper – A teaspoon of red pepper will give color to the sauce.
- Cayenne Pepper – Heat up the mustard sauce with a teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
- Garlic Powder – For aromatic and garlicky flavors, add a pinch of garlic powder.
- Dark Brown Sugar – Sugar will balance the spicy flavors added to the sauce.
Steps To Make Popeyes Mardi Gras Mustard Sauce
1. Prep The Sauce
Gather all the elements on the table. Take regular or vegan mayonnaise as per your wish. Get ready with a bowl, whisk, and all other spices.
2. Whip Up
Take a bowl, and start adding the elements one by one. First, add two tablespoon of mayonnaise and horseradish with dark brown sugar.
Then add spicy brown mustard, Cajun seasoning, red pepper, cayenne pepper, brown mustard, whole grain mustard, and garlic powder.
Combine everything well with a whisk until it is incorporated.
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
How Will Popeyes Mardi Gras Mustard Sauce Look And Taste Like?
Popeyes Mardi Gras mustard sauce has horseradish-filled flavors that taste delicious with pleasant mustard notes. Moreover, the Cajun seasoning adds subtle spicy, rich, and umami flavors to the Mardi Gras mustard sauce.
This mustard sauce is different from the regular honey mustard sauce as it contains dotted ground mustard seeds. All in all, this homemade mustard sauce is a delight for all the cuisine options.
Mardi Gras Mustard Sauce Recipe
- 2 tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Hot Horseradish
- 1 teaspoons Spicy Brown Mustard
- 1 tablespoon Whole Grain Mustard
- ¼ teaspoons Cajun Seasoning
- ¼ teaspoons Crushed Red Pepper
- 2 teaspoons Dark Brown Sugar
- ⅛ teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- Take a bowl to add mayonnaise, horseradish, Cajun seasoning, red pepper, cayenne pepper, brown mustard, whole grain mustard, brown sugar, and garlic powder.
- Whisk all the elements evenly until smooth.
- Pop the sauce into the fridge and let it sit for some time. This will help in immersing the flavors nicely.
- Serve with your favorite food dishes. You can also store the sauce for up to a week.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What does Popeyes Mardi Gras mustard taste like?
Mardi Gras mustard sauce tastes sweet and spicy. It has a tart and sweet flavors added to it. The sauce is well paired with fried dishes.
What is Mardi Gras mustard made of?
Popeyes Mardi Gras mustard sauce is prepared by using mayonnaise, horseradish, Cajun seasoning, red pepper, cayenne pepper, brown mustard, whole grain mustard, brown sugar, and garlic powder.
What does Mardi Gras mustard taste like?
Popeyes Mardi Gras mustard sauce looks like honey mustard sauce. However, with horseradish-filled flavors, this Mardi Gras mustard sauce tastes delicious with pleasant mustard notes.
Which mustard sauce is best?
Every mustard sauce has different flavors. However, some of the best and most delicious mustard sauces are Kasundi Mustard Sauce, Mardi Gras mustard sauce, and Dijon mustard sauce.
What do you eat with mustard sauce?
Mustard sauce is well paired with classic salads, greens, roasted fries, coleslaw, and much more.
As with most cooking techniques, understanding the foundation gives you control and creative freedom.
Now, it’s your turn. Try this amazing recipe at your home and share your wonderful experience with us in the comments below. I will definitely try to cover it in our upcoming blogs.