Mar Y Tierra is a typical Mexican dish, meaning sea and water. This Mar Y Tierra recipe is quite simple and quick to make. Also, it has a heavenly taste and not to forget the immense health benefits associated with shrimp and Beef Belly.
One of my chef friends introduced Mar Y Tierra to me while we were having a discussion over seafood and debating which was the best. She even prepared and served me Mar Y Tierra at her home. With it, she also made a sauce and polenta with it, as these two things elevated the overall taste of this recipe
It was definitely an incredible experience. Making this at my home was an equally enjoyable and amazing experience in terms of the ease of the process.
Give a try to this simple and easy Mar Y Tierra. It is surely going to give you the best time at home has no parallels. But first, let’s check out the ingredients required to make this healthy dish at home.
Ingredients for Mar Y Tierra
|Beef Belly||5 pound|
|Kosher Salt||1.5 oz.|
|Fresh Yellow Corn||2|
|Wagyu Golden Culinary Oil||3 tbsp|
|Fresh Italian Parsley||85 g|
|Fresh Cilantro||25 g|
|Fresh Oregano||25 g|
|Aleppo Chili Flakes||1.5 tbsp|
|Distilled Vinegar||1.5 cups|
|Walnut Oil||3/4 cup|
I know this is a long list of ingredients but you can get all of these ingredients from any nearest supermarket. Now let’s see how much time does this Mar Y Tierra recipe at home.
How much time would it take?
|Preparation time||Cooking time||Total time|
|30 minutes||15 minutes||45 minutes|
This timing doesn’t includes the 3 days before the actual preparation. Now comes my favorite part. Yes! I am talking about the directions to make this dish at home. So let’s check them out.
Mar Y Tierra Recipe
One thing that I need to mention is that you need to start the marination process of the beef belly 3 days before you want to cook the actual recipe.
- For 3 days, coat the beef belly with Kosher Salt and wrap it in a plastic wrap and put the beef belly in the refrigerator.
- After 3 days, remove the beef belly from the refrigerator and cover it with foil.
- Put it in a container and roast for around 4 hours in a preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Coat the prawns with Wagyu Golden Culinary Oil and sprinkle Aleppo Chile salt on it.
- Put the prawn in the refrigerator.
- Now remove the beef from the refrigerator and place aside at room temperature.
- Take the prawns out of the refrigerator and cook the prawns on a grill on a medium heat.
- Let the shrimp and belly rest for sometime.
- Chop parsley, oregano and cilantro.
- Take a bowl and with this chopped parsley, oregano and cilantro, mix chopped herbs, walnut oil, toasted walnuts and aleppo chile flakes and set aside.
- Wash polenta with cold water and let it dry.
- Now Remove all the Kernels from the corn using a cheese grater to make sure to save all the corn liquid.
- Now put Wagyu Golden Culinary Oil in a saucepan and add the grated corn kernels and corn liquid to it.
- Cook for around 5 minutes and then add polenta and 4 cups of water to it.
- On low heat, cook it for around 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle salt on it for taste.
- Take a bowl and place beef belly and upon that, place grilled prawns.
- Now drizzle sauce and polenta on the beef belly and grilled prawns.
Now your Mar Y Tierra is ready. Make this delicious dish at your home and I bet that you’ll definitely love it.
Nutritional Information of Mar Y Tierra
This recipe is really nutritious because of the Beef Belly and Shrimp present in it. Nut still, I’ve mentioned the nutritional breakdown below.
|Total fats||15.5 g|
|Total carbohydrates||11.4 g|
|Dietary fiber||2.9 g|
I hope you’ve liked this recipe. I highly recommend you to make this Mar Y Tierra at your home. Do share your reviews in the comments section below. Till then, stay tuned for recipes like these.