Mango chutney is a great chutney that can add a sweet, tangy and spicy flavor to your daily life food. Today, let’s see how you can make this recipe very easily at your home.
I have been eating since my childhood and made many additions to the recipe that has always turned to be a great outcome. The main ingredient that you’ll need to make the recipe are fresh and ripe mangoes. This spread is also very healthy and nutritious.
Mango chutney’s recipe involves sauteing onion, ginger and garlic in a pan. Then, add the onion mixture and mangoes, oil, sugar, vinegar, mustard seeds, cumin, pepper flakes and cinnamon to a jar. Cook for 1 hour and mash the big chunks of mango. Your chutney is ready!
Make sure you follow the detailed recipe below to make authentic mango chutney. Before that, check out the other sauce recipes as well.
1. Cranberry Cream Cheese Dip– This cranberry cream cheese dip is both savory and sweet, it pairs equally well with salty cookies and sweet apple slices. I also relish dipping in chunks of bread in a bowl of cranberry dip and having it as my evening snack.
2. Annatto Oil– Annatto is a plant and each and every part, like seeds, leaf and root are used to make a myriad variety of medicine.
3. Raspberry Compote– Compote is a fruit syrup and is somewhat similar to jam. Everyone should always prefer to make the fruit syrups at home as they are preservative-free and fresh. The recipe is very easy to make and gets ready in less than 30 minutes.
4. Fresh Cranberry Relish– The recipe is made from cranberries and sugar. I also like to add apples and oranges to it for extra flavors. You can also add other fruits and nuts such as pear, walnuts and pecan.
Mango Chutney Recipe
- 3 large Mangoes
- 1 tsp Flavorless Oil
- 2 Garlic Clove
- ½ Medium White Onion
- 2 tsp Fresh Ginger
- ½ cup Sugar
- ½ cup White Vinegar
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- ½ tsp Cumin
- ½ tsp Pepper Flakes
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon
- Heat the oil in a medium-hot saucepan. Now, sauté the garlic, onion and ginger for around 5 minutes, until the onions are slightly translucent.
- Now, add this onion mixture with mangoes, oil, sugar, vinegar, mustard seeds, cumin, pepper flakes and cinnamon to a big jar. Stir it well and over medium heat, carry to a gentle simmer. Cook it for about 1 hour uncovered and stir it occasionally.
- Mash to break down the remaining big mango chunks with a fork or potato masher (smaller bits are okay). Serve chilled or hot.
I hope you’ve liked this Mango Chutney recipe and we will be looking forward to hearing from your side. Do check out our website for more such recipes. I hope you will like them as well. Do tell us your views and thoughts in the comments box below. Till then, take care and keep cooking.