If you love eating healthy and green veggies, then try making Mama’s Cabbage at your home. Today in this post, you will get to know how you can make this recipe at your home.
Whenever I was sick and wanted to eat something healthy, my mother would make Mama’s cabbage for me. One day when I was sick and my mother was not at home. So I called her to ask for the recipe. That day I came to know about this tasty and healthy recipe.
Start making Mama’s Cabbage by adding bacon into the skillet and cooking it. Then fry onions and celery. Now add chicken stock, red pepper flakes and cabbage. Cook it over low heat. At last, season it with some salt and pepper. Mama’s cabbage is ready!
I thought of providing a short recipe so that you can get an idea about the recipe. Make sure you follow the detailed recipe below to make this recipe exactly like my mom made. But here are some other amazing recipes that you should definitely try.
1. Sous Vide Carrots– I am a very big fan of sous vide recipe because of the sweetness and the flavour filled in this recipe because they are perfectly cooked. I leanred this recipe from one of my friends who is a great chef.
2. New England Clam Chowder– Topping the menu today, what we have is a hot and steamy recipe that will tickle your taste buds and warm up your soul. The creamy texture of the milk/cream along with the crunchiness of veggies and clams makes the dish feel exotic.
3. Lefse– It is really a healthy recipe and I am pretty sure you all will like it very much. This recipe is known as Lefse. It is a very easy recipe and has a very good amount of nutritional elements.
4. Mashed Potato Bar– Mashed Potato Bar is one of my favourite dishes. As for mashed potatoes, the recipes for making it first appeared in 1747 with an entry in The Art of Cookery by Hannah Glasse.
Ingredients for Mama’s Cabbage
- 1 medium Onion
- ¼ tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- ½ cup Celery
- ¼ cup Chicken Stock
- 6 cups chopped Cabbage
- ¼ lb Bacon
- Salt and Pepper (For Taste)
So the ingredients are ready and you can get them from your nearest supermarket or grocery store. This recipe will not let you wait for more for its preparation, the timings are quite soft and you will love to see the full-time arrangement in the table below.
How Much Time It Will Take To Make Mama’s Cabbage?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 minutes||40 minutes||50 minutes|
Now comes the most awaited part of the recipe without which every recipe is incomplete—lets’ start making this fried Cabbage at home without wasting any further time. Follow the procedure.
Steps to Make Mama’s Cabbage
- Take a large and a deep skillet and keep it over medium heat.
- Add bacon into the skillet and cook it well until it turns crispy.
- Remove the excessive fat left off the bacon keeping 2-3 tsp of it in the skillet and fry the onions and celery until they turn translucent in color.
- Now introduce the chicken stock, red pepper flakes and cabbage into it.
- Keep the heat low and let it cook while you cover the skillet with a lid.
- Season it with some salt and pepper, also crumble the bacon you made and add it to the cabbage and serve.
It is a simple recipe that will turn your ordinary cabbage into a very healthy and delicious recipe. Do try this at home and enjoy it with your family and mates.
Nutritional Breakdown of Mama’s Cabbage
The nutritional part of this recipe is not any reason to worry about this recipe is very healthy and leaves no harmful impact on your strict diet and health. Here is the complete breakdown of its nutritional character.
So this was it for today and I hope this recipe will make you think once about making this recipe at home. Try this recipe and share your version of it. I would love to hear from you guys over this recipe. Please tell us about any experience or story that you had while trying it at home in the comments box below.