Mamajuana! It may sound to you like Marijuana when speaking in a hurry. But don’t stress out your mind. Mamajuana is a drink that is prepared by infusing herbs in liquor. It is a traditional drink of the Dominican Republic. This drink was traditionally made with tea mixture infused by herbs and served as a tonic to cure almost everything. It is said to cure flu, indigestion, cleanse the blood, cure kidney problems and for a sound sleep.
In the year 1950, Mamajuana for the first time, was made with alcohol and sold. It is served in a shot glass or served with some ice. This drink will serve two purposes. One it will be a medicinal drink and secondly, you can enjoy it with the sweetness it offers.
So why to delay it. I am sharing its Mamajuana recipe today with you all. But there are many other drinks that we’ve covered in our blog. You should definitely check them as well.
1. Irish Car Bomb– The Irish Shot is a 1979 invention that quickly took off in Irish pubs and other bars around the U.S. The Irish Shot is a popular drink for St. Patrick’s Day celebrations, but there’s no reason you can’t enjoy this fun beer-and-a-shot combination all year long.
2. Root Beer Float– What a summer treat it is! It is an awesome treat with scoops of vanilla ice cream floating in bubbly foamy root beer.
3. Oktoberfest Beer– The first Oktoberfest was held in 1810 to celebrate the marriage of Crown Prince Ludwig and Princess Therese. Since then, the Oktoberfest in Munich has grown, attracting some 6 million visitors every year.
4. Beer in Black Desert Online– Black Desert is an online strategic planning game, your workers need a lot of stamina at different stages of the game. Beer is one of the worker foods that you can use to restore your workers’ energy. So beer is a very important commodity in Black Desert since it replenishes the stamina of their workers.
What's In The Post
Ingredients for Mamajuana
|Star Anise||3 with seeds|
|Hibiscus Petals||4 dried|
|Cinnamon sticks||2 smashes and broken|
|Basil Leaves||1 tablespoon dried|
|Grape Leaf||1 large|
|Whole Cloves||1 tablespoon|
|Chicory Bark||2 tablespoons|
|Red Wine||4 cups|
The ingredients needed are readily available at any supermarket. Let us see how much time this drink will be made up in.
How Much Time Will It Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 days||N/A||10 days|
As this drink is made by infusing herbs in it. And the infusion takes time to pass on the flavours. So, it will take some time to have to get all the flavours of the herbs. Don’t worry about the long hours; it will be worth all the wait.
- Take a large bowl and crush all the herbs together.
- In a bottle or jar, add the crushed herbs and pour some low priced liquor over it.
- Rest this bottle for five days but shake the bottle daily.
- On the fifth day, strain it and discard all the liquor of the bottle.
- In another bottle, add wine, rum and honey and to this add the strained herbs. Seal this bottle tightly.
- Now rest this bottle for another five days and shake the bottle daily.
So this is how you can make Mamajuana at home easily without any effort.
Nutritional Breakdown of Mamajuana
How to Make Mamajuana at Home | Video
You might feel the Mamajuana recipe should be given in a video. So, here I have uploaded the video for the recipe, so you do not get confused in any context. Refer the video for more convenience.
Having any queries regarding the recipe? Just send me your questions in the comment section below and I will get back to you soon for the same. Also, do not forget to share your reviews in the comment section below. Share this recipe with your near and dear ones if you like it. Enjoy your drink!