Makhani Mirch Makai is a corn dish made with spices, butter, tomato puree, milk, and cream. The spices and ginger garlic paste are cooked in butter and then tomatoes, cashew paste, and ketchup are added. Corn is also fried in butter and added to the mixture. Then, the corn is cooked in milk and cream.
Makhani Mirch Makai literally translates to buttery spicy corn. This is a great corn recipe and is rich and creamy in texture. The cream balances the spiciness of the dish and also gives it a rich texture. You can have it with rice or chapati.
To make Makhani Mirch Makai, melt butter in a pan. Add ginger-garlic paste, spices, tomato puree, ketchup, and water to it. Cook this mixture until the water dries. Melt butter in another pan and fry the corn in it. Add this fried corn, pickled green chili, and water to the tomato mixture. Also, add milk, cream, and some spices to it. Cook them for some time and then serve.
This is just a snippet of the recipe. Find the complete recipe. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Vegetable Manchurian– Veg Manchurian is a tasty Indo-Chinese dish of fried veggie balls in a spicy, sweet, and tangy sauce.
2. Baby Eel in Green Sauce– The flavor of the ingredients and the eel full of nutrients was a perfect meal to satisfy both the factors that were health and taste.
3. Bhinda Ni Kadhi– This is a soft textured main course lunch dish for the new excitements in the food. This dish especially challenges creativity by mixing the most repelling ingredients in one dish to create a wonderful sensation of taste on your tongue.
4. Chicken Chickpea Stew– You can make this quick Chicken and Chickpea Stew Recipe with tomatoes on a stove, in a slow cooker, or Instant Pot. Best of all, turn this into a healthy freezer meal for busy families!
Makhani Mirch Makai Recipe
- 2 Pans
- 2 cups Corn
- 1 teaspoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- 4 slices Pickled Green Chilies
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 2 teaspoons Cashew Paste
- 3 tablespoons Tomato Puree
- 1 tablespoon Tomato Ketchup
- ½ cup Milk
- 3 teaspoons Cream
- ½ cup Water
- ½ teaspoon Red Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Powder
- ½ teaspoon Cumin Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Cardamom Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Garam Masala
- In a preheated pan, add a tablespoon of butter and let it melt.
- Add ginger garlic paste to it and roast it.
- After that, lower the heat and add red chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, and salt to it. Also, add ¼ cup water, tomato puree, and ketchup.
- Cook this mixture until the water dries. Then, remove the pan from heat and cover it with a lid.
- In another pan, add the remaining butter and melt it.
- Put the corn in the pan and fry it. Then, take it out and place it on a plate.
- Now, add some cashew paste in the tomato mixture.
- Add fried corn and pickled green chili in it.
- Add ¼ cup of water in it, mix it well, and cook for about five minutes.
- Add milk, cream, cardamom powder, and garam masala to it mix it well. Cook it for 5 more minutes.
- Serve hot.