Coffee is an integral part of many people’s daily routines. They just cannot imagine their day without a cup of this rich aromatic drink. Espresso has been a classic coffee drink for over a century. The first coffee machine was invented in 1901, and it only made espresso.
Espresso is a drink of Italian origin. The word espresso means “made right for you at this moment.” It is really simple to make but you need an espresso machine to brew a true espresso. Also, you need water and ground coffee beans. If you don’t want your espresso to be too strong, you can add frothed milk to it.
A special feature of the drink is that it is brewed at 9-10 bar pressure, which can be achieved at home only with a special espresso machine. It should be designed for a given internal pressure and temperature up to 92 degrees. If you want to use another device for making coffee, you can use an ordinary coffee maker, a French press, or a cezve. Then, you can get a drink that will only resemble espresso. Let’s see how to make an espresso with an espresso machine at home.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Espresso With Espresso Machine?
- Semi-Automatic Espresso Maker – You’ll need a semi-automatic espresso maker for this recipe. Pod espresso machines use pods and manual ones are hard to operate.
- Burr Grinder – You’ll need a burr grinder to freshly grind your coffee beans. If your machine has a built-in burr grinder, you don’t need to have one separately.
- Tamper – The tamper will help you tamp down the coffee powder in the shot.
- Weighing Scale – weighing scale will help you get the exact weight of ground coffee for a perfect shot.
- Milk Steamer and Frother – If you are adding milk to your espresso, you’ll need a milk frother and milk steamer to make it frothy.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Espresso With Espresso Machine?
|Preparation Time||Brew Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||5 Minutes||10 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Espresso With Espresso Machine?
- Dark Roast Coffee Beans – Choice of beans is important when making espresso. Dark roast coffee beans are a great choice. To make delicious espresso, it is best to freshly grind the coffee beans.
- Water – The water used for espresso. It is best to use softened distilled water for making an espresso shot.
- Milk – Milk is optional for making espresso. Steam and froth milk and then add it to your espresso.
Steps To Make Espresso With Espresso Machine
1. Back To The Grind
Add the coffee beans to the burr grinder and grind them to make freshly ground coffee. First, measure the coffee beans required using a weighing scale. For two shots of espresso, you’ll need about 15 grams of ground coffee. Add them to the grinder and grind them in the finest setting.
2. Tamper The Powder
Now that you have the fine coffee powder, add it to the portafilter. Place the filter on the countertop and tamp the coffee in the filter with a tamper. This will give you the flattened coffee disc you need.
3. Worth A Shot
After all the prep is done, it’s time to brew some espresso. But before that, pour an empty shot to preheat the machine. Then, attach and then lock the portafilter to your espresso machine. Keep a cup underneath the machine and then pull your shot. It should take about 30 seconds to brew your espresso.
4. Optional Frothing
Your espresso is ready to serve. If you want to add milk to it, use a milk steamer and frother to add a layer of creamy and frothy milk to your espresso. Milk or no milk, you’ll have a rich-tasting espresso for you. Enjoy your Buono Espresso!
|Saturated Fat||0.1 g|
How Will The Espresso Look And Taste Like?
The espresso that you make using an espresso machine will be not too dark in color but not too light either. It should have a layer of caramel-colored crema on top. If you have made a good espresso, it won’t be too bitter. It should have a sweet tone, rich texture, and caramel-like taste. Also, the espresso shouldn’t be too acidic or sour.
Espresso With Espresso Machine Recipe
- ½ cup Freshly Ground Dark Roast Coffee Beans
- 1 ½ cups Cold Clean Water
- ½ cup Milk (optional)
- In a burr grinder, add 15 grams of coffee beans and grind them to make a fine coffee powder. Also, add water to your espresso machine.
- Add the powder to a portafilter and use the tamper to tamp the powder in it. Then, adjust and lock the portafilter to the machine and pull your shot.
- Once you pull the shot, it will take about 30 seconds to brew your coffee. Add some steamed and frothed milk to your espresso and enjoy!
So, this was how you can make espresso with an espresso machine. I hope you found it helpful. Tell me in the comments how helpful did you find it. See you next time!