Let’s journey to south of India for the protein packed delights. Simple yet authentic this is a specialty of cereals around. To make you healthy this is a good recipe and a quick one for brunches and breakfast, also a quickie to box for your lads. It is likable by all from kids to elders, savored by any kinds of sauces.
Dal dosa is a light appetite to feed you on work days. Cereal pack for a light breakfast and a light stomach and a light day to keep you filled yet light for a busy day. Let’s journey to make a healthy diet.
How much time it will take:
Ingredients for Maharashtrian Mix Dal Dosa:
|Split Bengal gram||¼ cup|
|Split black gram||¼ cup|
|Split green gram||¼ cup|
|Cumin seeds||2 tsp|
|Curry leaves||3 units|
|Black pepper seeds||12 units|
|Dry red chili||2 units|
|Chopped onions||2 medium units|
|Crushed coconut||½ cup|
|Asafetida powder (hing powder)||A pinch|
|Water||Enough to make dosa batter|
How to make Maharashtrian Mix Dal Dosa | Recipe:
- Soak all dals and rice for a night.
- Take a mixer jar adds ½ cup crushed coconut, cumin seeds, curry leaves, black pepper seeds and dry red chilies. Mix it all.
- Now add all dals and rice to it, mix it thoroughly. Place the mixture in a bowl; add some water to it to loosen the batter a bit.
- Now add a pinch of hing powder and salt to it. Mix it and add chopped onions to it.
- On a pre heated non stick pan apply some oil. Now spread the batter in round shape and pierce some holes in the middle of the spreading to let it cook properly.
- Cover it for a while, when the lower side turns crispy red turn it upside down and let it cook for 5-7 minutes. Do not cover it this time; when cooked fold it and serve hot with coconut chutney.
Serve the south Indian delicacy in minutes at your breakfast table. The variety is going to amuse your family. When served with their favorite sauces; it is just going to make their day.
Stay tuned for more recipes to add on to your life…