One day, I went out with my friend for having lunch, my friend with whom I was there, she was a local Maharashtrian and I told her to order which is very famous in Maharashtra. She ordered Misal Pav from the menu card.
In that Menu I saw many people asked many questions about the dish and those questions are:
Where was Misal Pav invented?
Misal from Maharashtra, is known for its high spice content and is particularly known as Misal Pav. The origin of misal goes back to Pune. There are different versions of Misal Pav such as Kolhapuri Misal, Puneri Misal, Khandeshi Misal, and Nagpuri Misal; the first part indicating the origin of the misal.
What is Misal?
Misal (Marathi: मिसळ, meaning “mixture”), is a popular spicy dish in the Indian state of Kolhapur is famous for Misal Maharashtra. The dish is mostly eaten for breakfast or as a midday snack or sometimes as a one-dish meal, often as part of misal pav. Misal is also a popular street food. The dish is always served hot.
After some time the waiter came with a dish and it was very tasty and delicious and I asked my friend did you know how to make Misal Pav. She said yes, I know.
I asked her the recipe which and today, I am here to share Misal Pav Recipe with my favourite people.
Let’s look at this recipe; this missal pav recipe brings you sprouts with spices and a taste that could change your daily routines in an excitement. There are people that think food is just wastage of time and they are going to get just one taste. This is something that’s going to change your thinking. Well, food is capable of changing your days other way round. A hungry mind is no good to work too.
Let’s journey to change minds and make food a respite.
Ingredients Required for Misal Pav Recipe
|Mustard seeds||1 tsp|
|Leaf cody (kadi patta)||6-8 leaves|
|Chopped green chillies||2 units|
|Chopped ginger||1 tsp|
|Turmeric powder||½ tsp|
|Red chili powder||½ tsp|
|Cumin powder||½ tsp|
|Garam masala||½ tsp|
|Coriander powder||½ tsp|
|Hing powder||½ tsp|
How much time it will take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|15 MINS||25 MINS||40 MINS|
Maharashtrian Misal Pav Recipe
- In a preheated pan add 1 tbsp oil and heat it.
- Add 1 tsp mustard seeds to it; wait for it until it pops. Now add leaf Cody, green chillies, ginger, and onion. Roast it.
- Now add 1 cup sprouts, ½ tsp turmeric powder, ½ tsp red chilli powder, ½ tsp cumin powder, ½ tsp garam masala, and ½ tsp coriander powder. Mix it all.
- Now add ½ tsp Hing powder, 2 tsp salt, and 2 cups water. Cook it on a high flame.
- After the water dries off to serve it in a bowl.
- Take a preheated pan, take a pav, cut it in two halves and fry it using butter.
- Serve hot with lemons or some kind of chutney.
Now feed the hungry mind with this delicious Misal Pav recipe. Devour and lead a better life.
Nutritional Facts of Misal Pav Recipe