If you are craving a light salad that you can eat as a snack too, then, you should try to make this macaroni salad. It is simple to make and has a very delicious and creamy taste. It is also fairly easy to make.
Salads should be a regular part of our diet and we should consider always consider them whenever we are thinking about having a healthy diet. Most people don’t like to eat salads due to their taste and the fact they taste a little off. Today, I will tell you about a salad that you can make easily and love to eat. This salad is called Macaroni salad.
To make Macaroni salad, cook the macaroni. Add mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, vinegar, mustard and honey to a bowl and mix. Now, put the macaroni and the vegetables in the bowl and add the seasoning and the dressing. Mix it well. Garnish with parsley and serve.
If you are out of parsley, then you can check out this list of parsley substitutes. This way you will have no problem with garnishing the macaroni salad.
Now, let’s see how this macaroni salad is made and the benefits you will get out of this healthy meal. But before going to the full recipe, let’s check out some other healthy salads as well.
1. Baby Gem Lettuce Salad– Baby gem lettuce is a type of small romaine lettuce. Baby gem lettuce is sweet in flavor and is crunchy and crispy. You can make a great salad from this gem lettuce.
2. Macaroni Coleslaw– The macaroni coleslaw is made from vegetables, pasta and of course, coleslaw. It is a great salad to take on picnics or to eat as a side dish to your main course.
3. Waldorf Salad– This salad is a mixture of sweet, crunchy, and nutty flavors and textures. When all these work together, they make the perfect salad. It is very easy to make Waldorf salad and you can make this recipe in minutes.
4. White Bean Salad– White bean salad is a quick-to-make recipe that satisfies your hunger and is also really healthy. It has white beans, cucumber, celery, herbs, and spices. It gets ready in no time.
Macaroni Salad Recipe
- ½ cup Mayonnaise
- ½ cup Greek Yogurt
- 1 ½ tsp Vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 tsp Honey
- Salt and Ground Black Pepper
- 8 oz. Macaroni
- 2 Hard-Boiled Eggs
- 1 cup Red Bell Pepper
- 1 cup Carrots
- ¾ cup Diced Celery
- ¼ cup Chopped Red Onion
- 2 tsp Parsley
- At first, you have to prepare your macaroni according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- After the macaroni is cooked, rinse it with cold water and drain the water.
- In a small mixing bowl, add mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, vinegar, mustard and honey. Mix them well and make a dressing of them. Add some salt and black pepper to taste.
- In another big mixing bowl, add the cooked macaroni along with the boiled eggs, bell pepper, carrots, celery and onions. Stir it and keep it aside.
- Now, pour the dressing on this macaroni and garnish it with parsley. Toss it gently so that everything gets coated with the dressing evenly. You can serve it immediately or keep it in the refrigerator and wait for it to get chilled.
I hope you liked this recipe. I highly recommend you to make this salad at home and share your feedback in the comments below. Also, you can leave your suggestions and queries in the comments below. I’ll try to help you the best I can. Till then, happy eating!