The macaroni coleslaw is made from vegetables, pasta and of course, coleslaw. It is a great salad to take on picnics or to eat as a side dish to your main course.
The term “coleslaw” is actually derived from the word “koolsla” which is a Dutch word meaning “cabbage salad”. The word went through changes and today means a salad made from crunchy, shredded vegetables that are covered in dressing.
To make macaroni salad, cook the macaroni in salt and water. Then, put in a bowl and add the coleslaw mix, onions, celery, onions, celery, cucumber, green pepper and water chestnuts and mix. Put the dressing on top and toss the salad. Chill for an hour, then serve.
No water chestnuts in your kitchen? Explore the best water chestnut substitutes to make this recipe. This was just a short overview of the recipe. But before going to the full recipe, let’s check out some other healthy salads as well.
1. Caprese Pasta Salad– It is just a twist to your classic Caprese salad. It incorporates all the ingredients of a regular Caprese salad recipe and uses them all into making a delicious pasta salad.
2. Macaroni Salad– If you are craving a light salad that you can eat as a snack too, then, you should try to make this macaroni salad. It is simple to make and has a very delicious and creamy taste. It is also fairly easy to make.
3. Fugi Salad– Fugi salad is a unique salad and has raw ramen noodles that give the salad a delicious crunch. It is easy to make and is really simple. It has ingredients you’ll easily find and gets ready in no time.
4. Parisian Potato Salad– This salad is made from golden potatoes, vegetables, yogurt, eggs, and herbs. The potatoes are boiled to perfection and then mixed with vegetables and other ingredients. It is easy to make and gets ready in no time.
Macaroni Coleslaw Recipe
- 1 package Ring Macaroni
- 1 package Coleslaw Mix
- 2 Medium Onions
- 2 Ribs Celery
- 1 Medium Cucumber
- 1 Medium Green Pepper
- 1 can Whole Water Chestnuts
- 1 ½ cups Mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup Sugar
- ¼ cup Cider Vinegar
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- In a pan, boil water with a pinch of salt and bring to boil. Put the macaroni in it and cook it. Then, drain the water from the macaroni and rinse it with cold water.
- In a large bowl, add the coleslaw mix, onions, celery, onions, celery, cucumber, green pepper and water chestnuts and mix. Add in the cooked macaroni and mix everything together.
- In a small bowl, put the mayonnaise, sugar, cider vinegar, salt and pepper, and then whisk all these ingredients together.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss it so, everything gets covered with a dressing. Then, cover the bowl and put it in the refrigerator to chill for about 1 hour.
This was it! I hope you enjoy this macaroni coleslaw. If you have any queries or suggestions, leave them in the comments. I’ll love to hear from you and help you. Till then, happy eating!