The macaroni coleslaw is made from vegetables, pasta and of course, coleslaw. It is a great salad to take on picnics or to eat as a side dish to your main course.
The term “coleslaw” is actually derived from the word “koolsla” which is a Dutch word meaning “cabbage salad”. The word went through changes and today means a salad made from crunchy, shredded vegetables that are covered in dressing.
To make macaroni salad, cook the macaroni. Then, put in a bowl and add the coleslaw mix, onions, celery, onions, celery, cucumber, green pepper and water chestnuts and mix. Put the dressing on top and toss the salad. Chill for an hour, then serve.
This was just a short overview of the recipe, the details of which you can find going down. Let’s start with the ingredients.
Ingredients For Macaroni Coleslaw
- 1 package Ring Macaroni
- 1 package Coleslaw Mix
- 2 medium Onions (finely chopped)
- 2 Celery Ribs (finely chopped)
- 1 medium Cucumber (finely chopped)
- 1 medium Green Pepper (finely chopped)
- 1 can Whole Water Chestnuts (drained and chopped)
- 1 1/2 cups Mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
Here are all the ingredients you need to make this macaroni coleslaw. Now, let’s see the time needed to make this recipe
How Much Time Will It Take To Make Macaroni Coleslaw?
|Preparation Time||Chilling Time||Total Time|
|25 Minutes||1 Hour||1 Hour 25 Minutes|
You can easily make this recipe in less than half an hour, the rest is just the chilling time. Now, let’s move on to the steps of the recipe.
Steps To Make Macaroni Coleslaw
- In a pan, boil water with a pinch of salt and bring to boil. Put the macaroni in it and cook it. Then, drain the water from the macaroni and rinse it with cold water.
- In a large bowl, add the coleslaw mix, onions, celery, onions, celery, cucumber, green pepper and water chestnuts and mix. Add in the cooked macaroni and mix everything together.
- In a small bowl, put the mayonnaise, sugar, cider vinegar, salt and pepper, and then whisk all these ingredients together.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss it so everything gets covered with a dressing. Then, cover the bowl and put it in the refrigerator to chill for about 1 hour.
Your macaroni coleslaw salad is ready! Check the table below for the nutritional value of the salad.
Nutritional Breakdown Of Macaroni Coleslaw
Here is the nutritional breakdown of this recipe.
How To Make Macaroni Coleslaw At Home | Video
I have added a similar video for your help. Check it down below!
This was it! I hope you enjoy this macaroni coleslaw. If you have any queries or suggestions, leave them in the comments. I’ll love to hear from you and help you. Till then, happy eating!