Hearing of Mac and Cheese makes everyone drool. The recipe today is not of the basic mac and cheese we eat in a plate. It is of Mac and cheese that you can finish in just two bites.
You must be a bit confused as to what this recipe is. Well, not to worry, you will get all your doubts cleared by the end of this recipe. I had these mini cups of Mac and cheese at my friend’s place. Her mother came up with the idea of making cups of mac and cheese. No wonder it turned out amazing. I couldn’t stop myself from asking the recipe and here I am sharing it with you all too.
For these mac and cheese bites, boil pasta and drain the pasta. In another pan, melt butter and add paprika and flour to it. Cook this mixture and pour in the milk. Remove the pan from heat and add pasta and cheese to it. Transfer it to greased muffin trap and bake. Cheesy mini cups will be ready in minutes.
Like Mac and cheese is loved by all age groups, this dish will also get the same love. This innovative recipe is worth a try. You can make it by following few simple steps. To know about them, look at the instructions given below. Get started.
Ingredients For Mac and Cheese Bites
- 8 Ounce Elbow Macaroni
- 2 Tablespoon Salted Butter
- 1/4 Teaspoon Paprika (use smoked paprika if you have it)
- 2 Tablespoon Flour
- 1/2 Cup Whole Milk
- 8 Ounce Sharp Cheddar Cheese (grated)
- Chopped Chives or Scallions (for garnish)
- Butter (for greasing the pan)
You do not need to run to the grocery store to get these ingredients. I am pretty sure that you will find them all in your kitchen. Even if not, go to the nearest grocery store and you will get them all there. Check out the time below you need for its making.
How Much Time It Will Take To Prepare Mac and Cheese Bites?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 minutes||20 minutes||30 minutes|
Preparing the baked bites of Mac and Cheese is something you will never feel difficult to make. They will take less than an hour to be ready to bite. You must be curious by now. So let’s not make you wait for more. See the instructions below to begin with.
Steps To Prepare Mac and Cheese Bites
- Take a mini nonstick muffin pan. Grease it with butter or spray cooking spray.
- Set the oven to preheat to 400 degrees F.
- Fill the pot with salted and boil it. Add pasta in it and cook for 2 minutes less time than mentioned on the packet. Drain the pasta.
- Now, return the pot to the stove on medium flame. Melt butter in the pot and add paprika. Add flour to this and stir it for 2 minutes. Pour milk in it while whisking the mixture. Make sure there are no lumps formed. Remove the pot from the stove and add drained pasta and cheese to it. Stir them so that all get combined well.
- Now, divide the mac and cheese into the muffin cups using a cookie scoop or a spoon. Gently press the mac and cheese down so that it gets intact after it is cooked.
- Bake it for 15 minutes till they get bubbly and gooey. Take the tray out and let it cool for 10 minutes atleast. Run a plastic knife or toothpick around the edges of the cups to loosen them. Remove each cup.
- Serve hot.
This delightful recipe is a great party snack. It is easy to prepare. I can’t wait to grab a cup of mac and cheese and munch it. This dish is more cheesy and less saucy.
Nutritional Breakdown Of Mac and Cheese Bites
How To Make Mac and Cheese Bites At Home | Video
I have uploaded the video to help you with every detail of this recipe. Do watch the video for more detailed steps.
Make sure you try them at your home and let me know its reviews. You can write your queries, reviews and any suggestions in the comment section below.