Mac and cheese bar is an appetizing dish that you can make for your loved ones. This dish is also a preferable option for hosting large gatherings. In this post, let’s how you can make the recipe at your home.
The recipe has a lot of nutrients in it and hence, proves a very healthy choice for kids. It has got the goodness of cheese, veggies and milk. The toppings used in the dish make it even more luscious. The dish is preferred by many as it takes very little time to get ready.
The two main steps in the making of a mac and cheese bar are to prepare mac and cheese and the toppings. Mac and cheese can be made by making a roux and adding milk and then adding cheese and macaroni. Now, prepare the toppings by cooking bacon with barbecue sauce. Add the meatballs, asparagus and peas.
This was just an overview of the recipe, so don’t worry if you didn’t get the steps. The detailed recipe is mentioned below. Now, it’s time to grab the ingredients required for making this mouth-watering dish.
1. Tonkatsu Sauce– Tonkatsu is a Japanese condiment served with cutlets, croquettes, sandwiches. It has got a tart and savoury taste.
2. Wasabi Aioli– The dip is a combination of aioli and wasabi. Aioli is a Mediterranean sauce and mainly made up of garlic and oil whereas, wasabi is served with sushi.
3. Pepper Mayonnaise– Ordering fries at KFC is incomplete without adding pepper mayonnaise to your order. Anyone can make it their home using this special recipe.
4. Chicken Demi-Glace– Demi-glace is French cuisine and is made by simmering bones. You can also try this recipe using chicken wings or chicken bones.
Mac and Cheese Bar Recipe
- Large Pan
- Microwave Bowl
- Pasta Pot
- 1 lb Macaroni
- 6 ltr Salted Water
- 4 tsp Butter
- 3 cups Milk
- 4 cups Grated Cheese
- 1 lb Bacon
- 13 oz Smoked Sausage
- 1 packet Frozen Meat Balls
- ½ cup Barbeque sauce
- 1 lb Asparagus
- 1 cup Frozen peas
For Mac and Cheese Toppings
- First, preheat the oven to 375 F and keep those plant-based meatballs on the baking sheet and let them bake for about 10 minutes.
- Keep flipping the meatballs after every 5 minutes and apply some barbeque sauce on both sides.
- To cook the bacon, take a large pan and keep it over medium heat. Add the bacon and cook it for 3-4 minutes on each side. Cook them properly and make sure the pan is not fully covered with the bacon. If possible, cook it in 2-3 batches.
- Cut the rough edges of asparagus and chop it into small pieces. Now sauté them in the same skillet you used for cooking the bacon, with some oil in it and cook it for about 7-10 minutes. Add some salt if needed.
- Now is the turn of smoked sausages and you have to slice them into ½ inch size. Cook them in the same skillet on high heat for about 2-3 minutes until they turn brown.
- Take a safe microwave bowl and add some peas to it and microwave them for about 3-5 minutes.
For Mac and Cheese
- Cook the macaroni as per the instructions on the packet and keep them aside once done.
- In a pasta pot, add some butter and keep it over medium heat. Add some flour and stir it continuously.
- Add some milk into it and heat it until it starts boiling. Add some shredded cheese and stir until mixed.
- Season with some salt and pepper according to the taste.
- Now, stir in the macaroni and make sure everything is mixed up together, serve hot and enjoy.
So are you ready to try this recipe? We welcome your thoughts and any other suggestions that you have regarding this recipe. Please reach us out by commenting on your views and ideas in the box below. We would love to add the necessary details and ideas of yours.