Seafood has always been an excellent cuisine for various parties and gatherings around the world. It is known for its delicious taste and the nutrition that everyone looks for. There are various kinds of seafood are available in the market and people love to eat them. I mean, who doesn’t want to have adequate nutrients in the body, right? This sea food has a large variety available and can be made in different styles.
Today let’s make a very rare recipe which I think not many of you food lovers have come across. So the recipe is called Loup de Mer and I know many of you have not heard the recipe before. But that’s the twist. Let’s make it at home and I can guarantee that you will love this food and will add this to your favourite food list.
This recipe is from the Mediterranean region and is consumed in various continents of the world. US, France, UK and many other countries love this recipe and make it often. This recipe is also known as Mediterranean Seabass. This sea bass is a type of fish which is very nutritious and full of health beneficial vitamins and oils.
So what are we waiting for, let’s start this recipe quickly and know what we need to make this at home? But here are some other amazing recipes that you should definitely try.
1. Ahi Tuna Steaks– Ahi Tuna is a fish that is divided into different species called yellowfin and bigeye. The word ahi comes from Hawaiian ahi which is known as yellowtail tuna.
2. Seafood Stew– Seafood is a high-protein food and has numerous health benefits. A Scientific study suggests that eating seafood can decrease the risk of heart issues. And the healthy seafood recipe that I am about to tell you is Seafood Stew.
3. Shrimp with Tasso Gravy– Are you looking for a dish that is having gravy and tasty different with marvelous taste? Today, I am here to share my uncle’s Shrimp with Tasso Gravy Recipe.
4. Shrimp Empanadas– This recipe for empanadas is made with a delicious filling of shrimp, cheese, and Spanish-style tomato sauce.
What's In The Post
Ingredients for Loup De Mer
|Mediterranean Sea bass||2 pc|
|Raw shrimp||1 pound|
|Stalks of celery||2 pc|
|Garlic cloves||3 pc|
|Bay leaves||2 pc|
|Vegetable stock||2 cups|
The ingredients are ready and we are now ready to make this recipe at home. You can grab these ingredients from any supermarket store or grocery market in your locality.
This recipe will take its own time to cook and get prepared. Here is the complete time frame of this delicious Loup de Mer recipe.
How Much Time It Will Take?
|Preparation time||Cooking time||Total time|
|1 hour||40 minutes||1 hour 40 minutes|
Now if I can ask then what made you think about this recipe and how you ended up searching this recipe here? I think you love seafood and always look up for the new recipes that you can make at your place and surprise everyone in your family. Your love for cooking is evident and I want to thank you for the precious time that you gave to this article of ours.
And back to the Mediterranean Seabass recipe, lets come to the final and the most important step after which you can have it with your family and friends. Let’s cook it.
Loup De Mer Recipe
- Before you buy this fish let me tell you, you should check the fish for its freshness and also check its gills for the red colour. If the colour of the fish is dull or pale, then you may not consider it for buying.
- Apply the salt to the fish and season its stomach cavity properly before an hour to start cooking.
- Meanwhile, you can preheat your oven to 4250F.
- Cut the vegetables thinly by using a sharp knife and spread them on the bottom of the casserole. Add some bay leaves, salt, vegetable stock and pepper to it. Please keep it in the oven for about 10 minutes.
- Now you have to make some herb bouquets by using tarragon, chive and parsley sprigs and tuck them with a slice of lemon into the space inside the stomach of the fish.
- After the vegetables in the oven are ready, take them out and place them over the top of the fish, add some limes slices as well and send it back into the oven for 15 more minutes.
- When the oven bell rings, take it out and place some shrimps over the plate and place them in a single layer. Give it another 10 minutes in the oven and then you are ready to go.
And your Mediterranean Sea bass is ready and done. Swerve it with some mayonnaise and enjoy the juicy and fresh flavour of this particular recipe with your loved ones.
Nutritional Breakdown of Loup De Mer
The nutritional breakdown of this recipe has also been done for your convenience. Please check the table below and know the values.
How to Make Loup De Mer at Home | Video
I’ve added a video below as well of this recipe. I bet that after watching this video, it’ll be easier for you to try all the steps at home.