If you are keeping up with the oldest Thanksgiving tradition in the book and cooking lobsters this Thanksgiving, then I just might have the perfect recipe for you. You should make broiled and butterflied, buttery lobster tails. Now, this alliteration was absolutely necessary as the lobster is butterflied, which is a gentle word for cut-open or slit. After that, it is buttered with a butter mixture that I can only define as ecstatic.
Once the lobster is all ready, it is broiled until it looks opaque. In order to convey that the buttery lobster tail is, in fact, buttery, it is rubbed with the rich, melted compound butter once again. That accomplishes the task of justifying the name. Oh, did I mention that you can do all this in less than half an hour?
Yes, this beautiful-looking, lovely-tasting lobster tail can be yours in a span of fewer than 30 minutes. I am sorry if I sound like an auctioneer, couldn’t help it. But you get the point. Make this amazing dish and get all the praise you want. Why work hard when you can work smart? Let’s make this buttery lobster tail now. You’ll find all the relative information below. But before you read out the entire recipe, check out other lobster dishes from the main course section of our blog.
1. Stuffed Lobster Tails– Stuffed lobster tails have tender juicy meat. It’s seasoned with spicy butter sauce. The stuffing on lobster tails has seafood mixed with mayonnaise and egg. It’s flavored with seasoning spices like Cajun. Old bay, cedar plank salmon spice, and many more. It’s a delicious seafood dish to be presented as Thanksgiving main.
2. Lobster Dip– Enjoy chips, biscuits, or bread with delicious lobster dip. It has cream cheese and butter mixed with lobster meat, horseradish, and onion. It’s flavored with lemon juice. This dip is loaded with the goodness of lobster meat and the flavors of cream cheese, butter, and lemon juice.
3. Bourbon Lobster– Bourbon lobsters are coated with butter and herbs and then flambeed with white wine and bourbon. These lobsters are filled with the flavors of bourbon, white wine, butter, garlic and herbs like parsley and chives.
4. Dairy Free Lobster Bisque– Dairy-free lobster bisque is a delicious dairy-free version of lobster bisque. It’s loaded with the nutrients and flavors from veggies like shallots, onion, celery, carrots, etc. It’s spicy due to cayenne pepper, paprika, and hot sauce added to it. Try this classic French recipe on Thanksgiving and enjoy your healthy meal.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Buttery Lobster Tail?
- Broiler- Broil the lobster in the broiler. I mean, the terms are derivative; I am sure you would’ve figured this one.
- Sheet Pan and Cooking Spray- Grease the sheet pan with cooking spray and then place the lobster tails on it.
- Small Bowl- Add all the ingredients of the garlic butter to the bowl.
- Microwave- After that, microwave the said bowl to make the melted drizzle for the lobster tails.
- Brush and Spoon- Mix the contents of the bowl with a spoon and brush the said contents on the lobster tail in the end.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Buttery Lobster Tail?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|15 Minutes||10 Minutes||25 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Buttery Lobster Tail?
- Lobster Tails- For this recipe, you’ll be needing butterflied lobster tails. I don’t know, for aesthetic purposes and they just cook better.
- Butter- The butter is what will make your lobster tails buttery.
- Garlic, Paprika, and Salt- These three go into the butter, making the butter and then the lobster meat aromatic and flavorful.
- Parsley- Add some minced parsley to the butter and keep some aside for garnishing the buttery lobster tail at the end.
- Lemon Wedges- Garnish your lobster with some lemon wedges to make it citrusy and aesthetically pleasing (you know, for Instagram stories).
Steps To Make Buttery Lobster Tail
1. Butter and Butterfly
First, preheat the broiler and keep it ready. Then, take a sheet pan and grease it with some cooking spray. Place your butterflied lobster tails on the sheet.
Now, in a small bowl, add butter, garlic, paprika, parsley, and salt. Place the bowl in the microwave and melt it for about 20 seconds until the butter is melted.
Then, take it out and mix to combine everything. This is your beautiful compound garlic butter. Take half of the butter mixture and drizzle it over the lobster tails and save the other half for later.
2. Broil, Broiler, Broilest
Place the sheet pan in the broiler and broil the lobster tails for about 10 minutes until the meat is opaque and looks white. After that, take them out and let them buttered butterflies rest (I love the excessive alliteration, do you?)
Warm up the remaining butter by heating it in the microwave for 10 seconds. Then, brush the cooked lobster tails with it. Garnish the lobster tails with some parsley to add that herby touch and serve with some lemon wedges. Your delicious buttery lobster tails are ready! Happy Thanksgiving!
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
How Will The Buttery Lobster Tail Look And Taste Like?
The lobster tails look beautiful and shine with all the butter. The ‘butterflying’ of the tails help you see the meat. Take a bite and you see that the ‘fish’ taste blends perfectly with the garlic and butter taste. The paprika adds slight yet much-needed hotness to the shellfish and to the dish. Cook this dish up and share it with your peeps. I know for a fact that you are not a lobster because you ain’t shell-fish. I am sorry, you know I had to crack this joke. Okay bye!
Buttery Lobster Tail Recipe
- Sheet Pan
- Cooking Spray
- Small Bowl
- Brush and Spoon
- 6 Lobster Tails (butterflied)
- 5 tablespoons Butter
- ½ teaspoon Garlic
- ¼ teaspoon Paprika
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Parsley (minced) plus more for garnish
- Lemon Wedges (for garnish)
- First, preheat the broiler and keep it ready. Then, take a sheet pan and grease it with some cooking spray. Place the lobster tails on the sheet.
- Now, in a small bowl, add butter, garlic, paprika, parsley, and salt. Place the bowl in the microwave and melt it for about 20 seconds until the butter is melted.
- Then, take it out and mix to combine everything. Take half of the butter mixture and drizzle it over the lobster tails and save the other half for later.
- Place the sheet pan in the broiler and broil the lobster tails for about 10 minutes until the meat is opaque. After that, take them out.
- Warm up the remaining butter by heating it in the microwave for 10 seconds. Then, brush the cooked lobster tails with it. Garnish the lobster tails with some parsley and serve with lemon wedges. Your delicious buttery lobster tails are ready!
So, this was the recipe for buttery lobster tails. Broil the tails yourself and let me know in the comments how much you loved them. Happy cooking!