A perfect blend of savory flavors with the richness of Arborio rice, lobster risotto rice is a must-try. The best part about this recipe is the combination of the Arborio rice’s soft texture and lobster’s succulent flavors.
The recipe includes cooking the rice with vegetables and good wine and adding lobsters after the rice is creamy and velvety. You can even add some mushrooms and cherry tomatoes for a little extra flavor.
You need to make sure to cook the lobsters very well; for that, you can boil some seasoned water and cook the lobsters for around 8 to 10 minutes. The lobster’s shells will turn bright red, whereas the meat will be opaque. That is your sign when it’s done.
In this article, I’ll share a mouthwatering recipe for Lobster Risotto. The recipe for sure creates a symphony of tastes that will leave you craving more. So without any further stretch, let us see how to make a delicious lobster risotto recipe.
What's In The Post
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Lobster Risotto?
- Large Saucepan – You would require a large saucepan to cook the lobsters and broth.
- Pan – To cook the rice, you would need a pan, and in the same pan, once the rice is done, lobsters will be added to finish the recipe.
- Bowls – To serve the lobster risotto, you must use a good pair of bowls.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Lobster Risotto?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||25 Minutes||35 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Lobster Risotto?
- Lobsters – Lobsters are the soul of the recipe. You must get some fresh lobsters for the perfect flavors and taste.
- RiceSelect® Arborio Rice – RiceSelect® Arborio rice will make this recipe taste better at another level. They are the perfect short-grain rice that will give the dish a creamy and velvety texture. The RiceSelect® Arborio rice absorbs flavours exceptionally well, making it perfect for this recipe and ensuring consistent results and an unforgettable dining experience. You can buy these Arborio rice from here.
- Seafood Or Vegetable Broth – You will need seafood or vegetable broth added after toasting the rice in some butter.
- Dry White Wine – Adding some dry white wine will make sure to give your dish tropical and floral notes. You need to evaporate the white wine while cooking with rice.
- Shallot – Shallots will be added to bring in the crunch and flavors in the dish.
- Garlic Cloves – Saute some garlic with shallots for aromatic flavors.
- Butter – Melt some butter in a pan and cook the shallots with minced garlic to get amazing flavours to the dish.
- Parmesan Cheese – Once a dish is prepared, garnish it with a lot of parmesan cheese.
- Salt And Pepper – Season with some salt and pepper, and your dish will be perfect to be served.
- Parsley – Top with chopped parsley and enjoy your lobster risotto.
Steps To Make Lobster Risotto
1. The Broth
In a large saucepan, heat the seafood or vegetable broth over medium heat and keep it warm.
2. Cook The RiceSelect Arborio Rice
To cook the rice, start with melting butter over medium heat. Add the chopped shallot and minced garlic, and sauté until translucent.
Add the Rice Select Arborio rice to the pan and stir it for a couple of minutes until it becomes lightly toasted. Pour in the white wine and cook until the liquid is absorbed, stirring continuously.
3. Prepare The Lobsters
While the risotto is cooking, extract the lobster meat from the shells and chop it into bite-sized pieces. Before this step, make sure to cook the lobsters really well. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and season it generously with salt.
Carefully add the live lobsters, headfirst, into the boiling water. Cook the lobsters for 8-10 minutes, depending on their size. They are done when the shells turn bright red and the meat is opaque.
Remove the lobsters from the pot and let them cool for a few minutes. Crack the shells and extract the lobster meat, ensuring you remove any cartilage or digestive tract.
4. Stir Everything Together
After approximately 15-20 minutes, when the rice is creamy but still slightly al dente, stir in the lobster meat and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until the lobster is heated through.
5. The Final Steps
Remove the risotto from the heat and stir the remaining butter and grated Parmesan cheese—season with salt and pepper to taste. Let the risotto rest for a few minutes, allowing it to achieve its final creamy consistency.
Serve the Lobster Risotto in warm bowls, garnished with fresh parsley. Pair it with a glass of chilled white wine for a perfect dining experience.
|Total Fat||19.3 g|
|Saturated Fat||4.9 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||0.3 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||2.3 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||58.2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2.3 g|
How Will Lobster Risotto Look And Taste Like?
The creamy and saucy lobster risotto has a number of flavors. The dish is a perfect blend of savory flavors with the richness of Arborio rice. With RiceSelect® Arborio rice, you can achieve a velvety texture.
When served, the dish looks like it has come straight from heaven. The white color of the rice with the opaque meat of the lobster pairs really well and makes a complete meal.
Every bite of the dish will have a full punch of flavors from the meat and the soft textured rice.
Lobster Risotto Recipe
- Large Saucepan
- 2 live Lobsters (about 1 ½ pounds each)
- 2 cups RiceSelect® Arborio rice
- 4 cups Seafood or Vegetable Broth
- 1 cup Dry White Wine
- 1 Shallot (finely chopped)
- 3 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- 4 tablespoons Unsalted butter
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese (grated)
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- Fresh Parsley (for garnish)
- In a large saucepan, heat the seafood or vegetable broth over medium heat and keep it warm.
- In a separate pan, melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Add the chopped shallot and minced garlic, and sauté until translucent.
- Add the RiceSelect Arborio rice to the pan and stir it for a couple of minutes until it becomes lightly toasted.
- Pour in the white wine and cook until the liquid is absorbed, stirring continuously.
- Begin adding the warm broth, one ladle at a time, allowing the rice to absorb the liquid before adding more. Continue stirring gently.
- While the risotto is cooking, extract the lobster meat from the shells after cooking it and chop it into bite-sized pieces.
- After approximately 15-20 minutes, when the rice is creamy but still slightly al dente, stir in the lobster meat and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until the lobster is heated through.
- Remove the risotto from the heat and stir in the remaining butter and grated Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Let the risotto rest for a couple of minutes, allowing it to achieve its final creamy consistency.
- Serve the Lobster Risotto in warm bowls, garnished with fresh parsley. Pair it with a glass of chilled white wine for a perfect dining experience.
I am sure that this recipe is perfect for your lunch or dinner with family and friends. You don’t need to put in extra effort, and the dish will be ready very swiftly.
The creamy and velvety texture of RiceSelect® Arborio rice, combined with the savory flavors of lobsters, is a perfect meal for the day. Make sure to remove the shells of the lobsters nicely and cook them really well.
You can squeeze some lemon before serving for flavors to come out more vividly. I hope this recipe was simple enough for you to understand and cook.
Share your experience below in the comments, and soon I will be back with more terrific and delicious recipes. Until then, enjoy lobster risotto.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can we store the cooked lobster risotto dish?
If you have any leftovers (although it’s hard to resist finishing it all!), store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Consume within 2-3 days and reheat gently on the stovetop, adding a splash of broth to revive the creaminess.
How long does it take to make lobster risotto?
To cook the lobster risotto, you need to prepare the ingredients and cook the rice along with the lobster. The total time to make the recipe is around 30 to 35 minutes.
Which rice is best recommended for the recipe lobster risotto?
To achieve the creamy and velvety texture that characterises risotto, we recommend using RiceSelect Arborio rice. Arborio rice is a short-grain rice variety that absorbs flavours exceptionally well, making it perfect for this recipe.