If you have seafood pasta in mind, I recommend you try lobster pasta. Why so? Firstly, it’s not a usual fare. Secondly, the lobster ravioli sauce recipe I will share with you tastes absolutely divine!
Amongst the many options available in seafood, lobster, by far, is the most delicate flavored meat you can try. Moreover, its subtle flavor pairs well with basic ingredients to make mouthwatering dishes.
So, if you plan to host a dinner or lunch for friends, try this easy and flavorful lobster ravioli sauce recipe to delight your guests.
Lobster ravioli sauce is pretty straightforward. To make this sauce, you will need cooked lobster, garlic, shallots, herbs, cream, and wine.
This incredible sauce gets ready in 25 minutes. You can then add your favorite ravioli or pasta. In the article below, you will find some tips and variation suggestions that are worth trying.
Check out the recipe below and make the most delicious lobster ravioli sauce.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Lobster Ravioli Sauce?
- Saucepan – To make lobster ravioli sauce, you will need a large saucepan.
- Wooden Spatula – To stir the sauce ingredients, you will need a wooden spatula.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Lobster Ravioli Sauce?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||20 Minutes||25 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Lobster Ravioli Sauce?
- Butter – To make lobster ravioli sauce, we will begin by using two tablespoons of butter. Butter adds richness to the sauce and a unique flavor.
- Shallot – Shallots provide sweet and sharp flavors. We will add one diced shallot to the sauce.
- Garlic – Garlic has a savory flavor that adds to the umami taste. We will need one teaspoon of minced garlic to make lobster ravioli sauce.
- Thyme – Thyme is used to infuse an earthy and minty flavor. You will need one teaspoon of dried thyme to make the sauce.
- Basil – Basil also adds an earthy flavor. We will add one teaspoon of dried basil.
- Dry White Wine – To add a full flavor and aroma, we will add three fourth cups of dry white wine.
- Heavy Cream – Heavy cream is the base of the sauce that makes it decadent. We will need two cups of heavy cream.
- Old Bay Seasoning- Old Bay seasoning has a peppery flavor and adds some heat to the sauce. You will need two teaspoons of old bay seasoning.
- Paprika – Paprika adds a nice reddish color to the sauce. We will add one teaspoon of paprika.
- Kosher Salt – Salt is used to bring out the flavors in a dish. We will use one teaspoon of kosher salt.
- Black Pepper – Black pepper adds a punch of peppery flavors that compliments the taste of lobster. We will need half a teaspoon of black pepper.
- Lobster – Lobster is the main ingredient of this sauce. You will need one and a half cups of cooked and chopped lobster.
- Parsley and Parmesan Cheese – To garnish the sauce, you will need some fresh chopped parsley and grated parmesan cheese.
- Lobster Ravioli – To make ravioli pasta, you will need homemade or store-bought ravioli. To make this dish, you can add 12 ounces of lobster ravioli or cheese ravioli to this sauce.
Steps To Make Lobster Ravioli Sauce
1. Cook The Sauce
To make lobster ravioli sauce, begin by setting up a large saucepan over medium heat. Add butter to the saucepan and diced shallot. Cook the shallots for 3 minutes until soft. Then, add minced garlic and cook for a minute.
Next, add the dried herbs like basil and thyme to the saucepan and cook for about a minute until they turn fragrant. Stir in dry white wine and cook for 1-2 minutes.
Slowly add old bay seasoning and cream to the saucepan and whisk the ingredients to combine. Reduce the heat to sim and cook the sauce until it thickens, for about 10 minutes.
2. Add Lobster Meat And Ravioli
Add the cooked lobster meat pieces into the sauce and cook for about 5 minutes. Your delicious lobster ravioli sauce is ready.
Add prepared ravioli to the sauce. Garnish the dish with fresh chopped parsley and grated parmesan cheese. Serve and enjoy!
How To Store Leftover Lobster Ravioli Sauce?
You have made a delicious sauce and don’t want it to go to waste. So, to use it again for a great meal, you can refrigerate this sauce for 3-4 days in an airtight container.
Transfer the sauce to a microwave-safe container to reheat the leftover lobster ravioli sauce. Heat the sauce at 10-second intervals until it turns warm. If you find the sauce too thick, you can add some water, as required, to achieve the desired consistency.
Tips And Variations
This lobster ravioli sauce provides delicious flavors. However, you can always improve a recipe or customize it to your taste using some more ingredients. Check out some tips to add more flavors to your lobster ravioli sauce.
- Tomate Paste – If you enjoy tangy flavors in the sauce, try adding a dollop of tomato paste to add color and the tang.
- Spice – If you enjoy spicy flavors in the sauce, you can increase the heat of this sauce by adding some extra old bay seasoning or a dash of cajun spice.
- Lemon Zest – Lemon pairs amazingly well with lobster. You can add some lemon juice or zest of a lemon to brighten up the flavors.
How To Serve Lobster Ravioli Sauce?
Lobster ravioli sauce is not just a great sauce for tossing ravioli in it, but you can do much more with it.
If you aren’t a big fan of ravioli, you can also toss spaghetti, penne, fusilli, or any other choice of pasta in it.
Moreover, you can use this sauce for dipping purposes. Yes!! This creamy sauce is a great option to serve with breadsticks, bruschetta, crackers, tortilla chips, crostini, garlic bread, or anything of your choice.
|Saturated Fat||31 g|
|Vitamin C||1 mg|
How Will Lobster Ravioli Sauce Look And Taste Like?
Lobster ravioli sauce is a delicious sauce that has a rich and decadent base. The sauce benefits from the flavors of cooked lobster meat, and dried herbs add depth to it.
This sauce has such savory and indulgent flavors that you cannot stop at one bite. Besides its delicious flavor, this sauce also looks great to look at. It has a pinkish-white color that shines through freshly chopped parsley and grated cheese.
Lobster Ravioli Sauce
- 1½ teaspoon Lobster, cooked and chopped
- 12 ounces Lobster Ravioli or Cheese Ravioli
- 2 tablespoon Butter
- 1 Shallot, diced
- 1 teaspoon Garlic, minced
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 1 teaspoon Dried Thyme
- 1 teaspoon Dried Basil
- ¾ cup Dry White Wine
- 2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper
- Fresh Parsley, for garnish
- Parmesan Cheese, for garnish
- Place a large saucepan over medium heat. Add butter to the saucepan and diced shallot. Cook the shallots for 3 minutes until soft. Then, add minced garlic and cook for a minute.
- Add dried basil and thyme to the saucepan and cook for about a minute until they turn fragrant.
- Stir in dry white wine and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Slowly add old bay seasoning and cream to the saucepan and whisk the ingredients to combine. Reduce the heat to sim and cook the sauce until it thickens, for about 10 minutes.
- Add cooked lobster meat pieces into the sauce and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Your delicious lobster ravioli sauce is ready.
- Add prepared ravioli to the sauce. Garnish the dish with fresh chopped parsley and grated parmesan cheese.
- Serve and enjoy!
Frequently Answered Questions (FAQs)
What is lobster ravioli sauce?
Lobster ravioli sauce is a creamy sauce made with herbs, butter, cream, lobster meat, and spices.
How much time does it take to make lobster ravioli sauce?
Lobster ravioli sauce can be prepared in 25 minutes.
What ravioli can you put in lobster ravioli sauce?
You can add lobster meat-filled ravioli or cheese ravioli in lobster ravioli sauce.
How can we serve lobster ravioli sauce?
Lobster ravioli sauce can be served as a dish in itself. You can also serve the sauce without adding ravioli in it as a dipping sauce. You can serve this sauce with breadsticks, bruschetta, crackers, tortilla chips, crostini, garlic bread, or anything of your choice.
Try out this flavorful lobster ravioli sauce for your next meal. Tell me how you found it in the comments section below. Also, don’t forget to check out many more mouthwatering recipes on our website!