Are you bored cooking all the regular stuff in your kitchen? You might get bored of the same common ingredients you work with. But today, I have come up with the recipe which involves a very unusual ingredient. You might not have even heard of it. The ingredient I am talking about is Lobster Mushroom. The Lobster Mushroom has an exciting story about them. As the name suggests, you must have a picture of lobster cooked with mushrooms or mushrooms stuffed with lobster meat; maybe something like that. To your astonishment, let me clear with you that this recipe does not involve lobster in any form.
Lobster Mushroom is a kind of mushroom, although not a mushroom. The mold is formed on the mushroom by the attack of a parasite called Hypomyces lactifluorum on it. This makes it appear red like a cooked lobster. The mushroom becomes lumpy and irregular in shape like a lobster. This is the reason it is given the name ‘Lobster Mushroom’.
These are found in New England and the west coast in the autumn season. You can find them under a variety of trees, most commonly under the hemlock. Late summer is the season in which you can get them. Look out for the familiar places where lactarius mushroom grows; this is where the lobster mushrooms can be found. You can recognize them very quickly by their distinctive appearance.
So today, I am going to share the Sauteed Lobster Mushroom recipe with you. You will get a meaty texture while having them. Let’s get started by gathering the ingredients. But here are some other amazing recipes that you should definitely try.
1. Airline Chicken– Since food for air travel needs to be prepared for in advance, airlines back in the day created a special cut of chicken breast that wouldn’t dry out as much as normal.
2. Ruth’s Chris Steak Butter– I have put a lot of research and practice to make this recipe so that it is even better than Ruth’s Chris steak house.
3. Sous Vide Scallops– Sous Vide technique is used in restaurants majorly. My mother cooks perfect Sous Vide Scallops. Neither it is difficult to make nor it is much time-consuming. Its aroma tickles my nose every time I think about it.
4. Lemon Pepper Pork Chops– The bright flavour of lemon pepper seasoning will do wonders to the chops. You can bake them, grill or fry them as per your preference. But the recipe I am sharing with you involves baking them in an oven.
Ingredients for Lobster Mushrooms
|Garlic (minced)||2 cloves|
|Lobster Mushroom (cleaned and diced)||1 pound|
|Thyme (minced)||1 teaspoon|
|Nutmeg||Grounded to taste|
|Salt and pepper||To taste|
The only ingredient you need to find is the lobster mushrooms. Rest all the ingredients can be grabbed from your pantry. You can get them all in the supermarket. Now we should check for the time it will take to prepare this recipe.
How Much Time Will It Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 minutes||10 minutes||15 minutes|
How different the variety of mushrooms is. But at the same time so easy to prepare. You can make them in just a matter of minutes.
Lobster Mushrooms Recipe
- Take a frying pan and melt butter in it on a medium flame. Add shallots and garlic to the butter. Cook till the shallots get soft. This will take 3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and thyme to it. Cook the mushrooms for about 5 minutes until they get tender.
- Sprinkle nutmeg, salt and pepper on it.
- Serve hot.
How easy this recipe is. Not only will you find this recipe easy but its taste will treat your taste buds with its meaty texture and nutty, sweet smell.
Nutritional Breakdown of Cooked Lobster Mushrooms
How to Make Lobster Mushrooms at Home | Video
I love to try and share such recipes that are uncommon and yet taste delicious. Such simple recipes enhance the taste. Don’t worry if you are unclear about some steps. I have uploaded the video of the steps involved in this recipe, so watch it and cook it.
After trying the recipe, do share your reviews in the comment section. And for those who are having a query related to the recipe, feel free to ask your questions in the comment section. I will revert you with the best possible solution. Enjoy your meal.
1 thought on “How to Make Lobster Mushrooms at Home”
Will use the recipe tonight, thank you 🙂