Loaded Mac and Cheese is a five-star meal for cheese lovers. It is loaded with cheese and macaroni with a layer of cooked bacon, bread crumbs, and sliced scallion. It’s an easy-to-make recipe as you can make it in less than an hour. So, read the entire article for this recipe and give it a try.
Loaded Mac and Cheese is wildly famous comfort food. But do you know to which country this dish originally belongs? Loaded mac and cheese recipe was first scribbled in an Italian cookbook, “The Book of Cooking,” back in 1769. Soon, it became one of the most prominent contemporary dishes, especially in Canada and America. I tried this recipe at my friend’s place and became an instant fan.
To make loaded mac and cheese, add butter, garlic, and all-purpose flour to the skillet and stir. Add milk and whisk smooth. Add cheddar cheese and Monterey Jack Cheese to the skillet and cook on medium heat until it thickens. Add boiled macaroni, butter, and breadcrumbs to the sauce. Transfer it to the casserole dish, sprinkle cheese and bake for 20 minutes.
If you want, you can use pepper jack cheese instead of Monterey Jack cheese in the recipe. If you don’t have either, you can just use any of the pepper jack cheese substitutes.
Have a look at the recipe card below to have detailed instructions for this recipe. Try this recipe now and share it with your friends. In case you need a reference video, check out a similar video provided further down in the recipe card. But before you read out the entire recipe, check out other main course dishes from our blog.
1. Shrimp And Crab Pasta– Shrimp and crab pasta is an easy dinner recipe. It contains loads of proteins from crab meat and tender shrimps tossed in homemade pasta sauce. Parmesan cheese adds more flavor to this five-star meal.
2. Pork Chop Marinade– Pork chop marinade has delicious crispy pork chops drenched in intensely flavored marinade. These juicy crispy pork chops are loaded with the flavors of hot sauce, brown mustard, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, and soy sauce. Chili flakes and black pepper add more heat and spiciness to the pork.
3. Fried Egg Burger– Fried egg burger is a perfect go-to comfort food. It has fried egg and bacon along with paty, cheese, and veggies like lettuce leaves and tomatoes. It’s healthy and a quick meal.
4. Smoked Beer Can Chicken– Ever tried a chicken flavored with beer? Smoked beer can chicken is tender chicken smoked with a beer can inside its cavity. It has a flaky crispy skin and is juicy on the inside. Every bite of this chicken is infused with the flavors of Worcestershire sauce, beer, ketchup, and spices like garlic, chili powder, pepper, and many more.
Loaded Mac And Cheese Recipe
- 1 pound Macaroni
- 8 ounce Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
- 8 ounce Monterey Jack Cheese (shredded)
- ¼ cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1 clove Garlic
- ½ stick Butter
- 4 cups Milk
- ½ teaspoon Dry Mustard
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper
- 4 slices Bacon
- 2 Scallions (sliced)
- Sour Cream (for garnish)
- Cook bacon strips in a skillet and set them aside.
- Add butter to the skillet. As it melts, add garlic and stir. Add all-purpose flour and cook over medium heat for about 2-3 minutes.
- Now, add milk and whisk smoothly to remove the lumps, if any. Cook it over medium heat until the sauce thickens.
- Bring lightly salted water to boil in a pot. Add macaroni and cook until soft. Drain out the water and keep macaroni aside.
- Turn off the heat when the sauce thickens and add cheddar cheese along with Monterey Jack cheese, stirring continuously. Now, season the cheese sauce with some salt and pepper.
- Combine melted butter and bread crumbs. Add the mixture to the sauce along with macaroni. Stir the mixture and transfer it to a casserole dish. Top it with bread crumbs and butter mixture. Sprinkle some cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven at 400°F for 20 minutes until it gets crispy.
- Garnish with sour cream, chopped scallions, and cooked bacon. Your loaded mac and cheese is ready to serve.