Today’s recipe is a rich source of protein. It is for lentil stew. It makes a cozy meal with different side dishes like garlic toast, a good salad, a chunk of cornbread, etc.
Lentils are a great source of protein, folic acid, dietary fiber, and magnesium and the good news is they’re low in fat. The stew can serve the best for a winter night.
To make lentil stew, heat oil in a pot. Cook onions, leeks, and celery in it for some time. Add garlic, cumin, and cinnamon to it and cook for another minute. Add water, lentils, broth, pepper, and salt to it and stir. Then, add potatoes, carrots, tomatoes, and onion powder to it and give a nice stir. Then, cover it and cook on low heat for about 30 minutes. Your lentil stew is ready!
This is just a snippet of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Swiss Enchiladas– This is the reason these are called Swiss enchiladas because of the use of dairy in it. Basic enchiladas are made with a tomato-based sauce. In Mexico, people also call this dish Enchiladas Suizas.
2. Goat Stew– This goat stew originated in the Philippines. It is traditionally served on some occasions, pairing it with rice. This stew is a good healthy meal as it consists of vegetables as well as meat.
3. Brazilian Fish Stew– A fish stew can be served with rice or tortillas. A Brazilian stew is also called Moqueca; it can be made with the fish you prefer in coconut milk and chili, tomatoes, lemon, and onions.
4. Chicken Tetrazzini– This Chicken Tetrazzini is easy, creamy, cheesy, delicious, and loved by everyone! It’s classic comfort food and a perfect dinner for the entire family.
Lentil Stew Recipe
- Large Pot
- 4 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 1 Celery Stalk (chopped)
- 2 Leeks (chopped)
- 4 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Brown Lentils
- 1 large Sweet Potato (peeled, cut into large pieces)
- 2 Red Potatoes (peeled, cut into large pieces)
- 2 large Carrots (peeled, cut into large pieces)
- 1 (15-ounce) can Tomatoes (chopped)
- 4 cups Low-Sodium Vegetable Broth
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- ⅛ teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper (as per taste)
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onions, leeks and celery and cook for about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, cumin, and cinnamon to it. Cook it for another minute or two.
- Add water, lentils, broth, pepper, and salt to it and stir.
- Then, add potatoes, carrots, tomatoes, and onion powder to it and give a nice stir.
- Bring to a boil at high heat. Then, cover it and cook on medium-low heat for about 30-40 minutes or until lentils are tender.
- Serve hot.