An incredible, classic sweet and tart dessert, lemon meringue pie is more like a sweet dream. The pie filling surely makes you crazy, prompting you to have it over and over again. Nothing can beat a simple and quick to make lemon meringue pie! Isn’t that true?
My mother cooks delicious lemon meringue pie. She adds no milk and makes the pie even more tasty and thick with the addition of cornstarch, flour as well as egg yolks. Also, she makes meringue in merely 40 minutes.
Certainly, I learnt to make homemade lemon meringue pie from her. Also, the toppings she advised me to make for meringue neither weeps nor it’s runny.
Here, we shall be learning how to make Lemon meringue pie from scratch as I did. Follow all the directions given below to make a perfect lemon meringue pie. Let’s dive right into the world of pies, the exclusive Lemon Meringue Pie Recipe.
Ingredients Required for Lemon Meringue Pie Recipe
|White sugar||1 cup|
|All-purpose flour||2 tablespoons|
|Water||1 1/2 cups|
|Lemons, juiced and zested||2 lemons|
|Egg yolks, beaten||4|
|Pie crust , baked||1 ( 9 inch)|
|White sugar||6 tablespoons|
How much time will it take?
|Preparation time||Cooking time||Total time|
|30 minutes||10 minutes||40 minutes|
Lemon Meringue Pie Recipe
- Take a medium saucepan.
- Mix sugar, flour, cornstarch and salt.
- Next, add water, lemon juice and lemon zest and stir it.
- Cook this mixture over medium-high heat and let it boil with continuous stirrings.
- Now add and stir butter as well.
- Take a small bowl.
- Put egg yolks into it and mix in 1/2 cup of hot sugar mixture.
- Now, the yolk mixture is to be mixed with the remaining sugar mixture.
- Let it boil. Cook with continuous stirring until the mixture is thick enough.
- After removing from heat, this filling is to be scooped out into baked pastry shell.
- Now for making meringue, you need to beat egg whites until they are fluffy and foamy (in a metal bowl)
- Add sugar and keep whisking until you discover the formation of stiff peaks form.
- This prepared meringue is to be spread over pie in such a way that the edges of the crust are sealed.
- Bake it in a preheated oven to 350 degrees F or 175 degrees C.
- Ensure the meringue has turned into golden brown when removed from the oven.
Nutritional Information of Lemon Meringue Pie
|Dietary fiber||1.5 g|
|Saturated fats||4.3 g|
|Vitamin A||216.5 IU|
|Vitamin C||20.8 mg|