What was your favourite candy as a kid? Well, mine was the lemon drop candy. I loved them so much that I used to have them almost every day. Today, I will share the recipe for lemon drop candy with you.
I still remember how I used to cry over those candies and my mom used to buy them for me. Sweet memories of childhood are associated with this candy, so I always make sure to revisit them on days I do not feel great.
In order to make lemon drop candy, add 2-3 cups of water in a saucepan along with 2¼ cups of sugar over a low flame. Once the sugar dissolves, add lemon zest to it. Remove the pan from the heat and add lemon juice and honey to the pan; heat the mixture one more time. Let it cool and take to spoon to roll out lemon drop candy.
These candies are very easy to make and take almost no time to get prepared. But first, let’s check out other candy recipes that you might also like.
1. Watermelon Rind Candy– Have you ever thought of making something from the peel of watermelon? I don’t think you might have, as most of the people think it is a waste. You can make these wonderful watermelon rind candies at your home using just watermelon peels.
2. Cherry Sours Candy– I am here with the cherry sours candy recipe. After hearing this thing, you must be excited to recall your childhood days. Today, I will help you recall the good ol’ days with this recipe.
3. Butterscotch Candy– Butterscotch candies is cooked sugar made with brown sugar by boiling brown sugar and butter or corn syrup in water. These candies are really delicious and you probably cannot stop yourself from devouring them.
4. Tamarind Candy– This tamarind candy recipe is actually very easy and you will need very few ingredients to complete this recipe. This recipe will take you back to your childhood days.
Lemon Drop Candy Recipe
- Baking Tray
- 2 ¼ cups Sugar
- ½ pc Lemon
- 3 Drops of Yellow Food Color
- ⅔ cup Water
- 2 tbsp Honey
- Icing Sugar
- Take a lemon and grate it with the help of a fine grater.
- Take a saucepan and add measured water and sugar into it and keep it over a low flame.
- Keep stirring continuously until the sugar dissolves.
- Now add lemon zest to this mixture and allow it to boil, you can use a candy thermometer as well to track the temp and it must show around 250 degrees F.
- Now take the pan off the heat and add lemon juice and honey into it. You can add food colouring if you want (it’s optional).
- Again allow this mixture to boil and after it boils, remove the lemon rind and pour this mixture on a greased baking tray.
- Let it cool on its own until it is cool enough to touch and then by using a spoon or your hand, take out the pieces of candy and roll them into a ball and dust with icing sugar.
I hope you’ve liked this Lemon Drop Candy recipe and we will be looking forward to hearing from your side. Do check out our website for more such recipes. Hope you will like them as well. Do tell us your views and thoughts in the comments box below. Till then take care and keep cooking.