Whether it’s cakes or scones, this recipe of lemon curd will amplify the taste of the food. It’s so delicious, tangy and creamy, that it just melts in your mouth, the moment it comes in contact with your taste buds.
The recipe has intake of 5 simple ingredients and gives an awesome outcome. I have been making this recipe since my high school and gained perfection over time. Believe me, once you make the spread, your loved ones are going to love it. So, let’s have a quick look at the recipe.
Lemon curd can be prepared by mixing lemon juice, lemon zest, sugar, egg yolks and butter in a pot. Then, give the mixture a thick consistency by heating it over medium heat. Refrigerate it and the curd is ready to serve.
Out of lemon zest? Here is a list of lemon zest substitutes for you. You can prepare this spread and enhance the flavors of your food but make sure you follow the detailed recipe below to ensure the perfection of the curd. Now, it’s time we get our hands on ingredients.
1. Gluten-Free Pesto– A gluten-free pesto gives a divine taste. Normally, it is made with butter and cheese. But today, I will be sharing with you a dairy-free recipe that you are going to love very much.
2. Arrabbiata Sauce– The sauce originated in Rome, Italy. Arrabbiata means angry in the Italian language and has got a spicy flavor. The recipe is best made with dried red chili peppers but if you are not able to find them, then you can use red chili flakes.
3. Beer Cheese Dip– The taste of the dip will depend upon the type of beer you choose. Dark beers will produce a deep and bitter taste and light beers will produce light flavor.
4. Mexican Adobo Sauce– Mexican adobo sauce is perfect for any kind of Mexican cuisine. The sauce is mainly made from chili powder, garlic, vinegar and other spices.
Lemon Curd Recipe
- ¼ cup Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp Grated Lemon Juice
- ⅓ cup Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 3 tsp Salted Butter
- Take a pot and add lemon juice, lemon zest, sugar, egg yolks and butter to it. Mix it well and keep the pot on medium heat so that this mixture gets thick.
- Now, after reaching the desired consistency, pour this mix into a heatproof bowl. Cover it up and keep it in a refrigerator.
- Serve it with any food you want and can be stored for up to 3 weeks.
I hope you have liked this lemon curd recipe. I recommend you make this delicious fusion dish for your loved ones and share your reviews in the comment section. Till then, stay tuned for more recipes like these.