The recipe I am going to share today is a simple recipe but incredibly delicious. It is of lemon chicken. You can make this at your home easily.
Lemon chicken is one of the easiest recipes among other chicken recipes. You must be wondering; we can even put lemon on the chicken rather than adding it while cooking. Obviously, you can, but adding it into the chicken will infuse more flavor to it. It will also help in keeping the chicken moist.
To make lemon chicken, marinate the chicken with lemon juice, salt, lemon pepper, basil, oregano, and olive oil. Seal the packet and place it in the fridge. Cook this chicken on a medium-high flame in a skillet. Cook until the chicken becomes tender. Your chicken is ready to serve.
Out of lemon zest? Here is a list of lemon zest substitutes. This is just a snippet of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Gambas Al Ajillo– If you are looking for a shrimp recipe, then the Gambas Al Ajillo recipe is just for you. The name of this cuisine is Gambas al Ajillo, which is a great option for someone who needs to make something tasty without spending a lot of time.
2. Orange Chicken– The name of this recipe sounds quite strange but trust me that this authentic Chinese cuisine has a delicious taste. The chicken cooked along with the oranges is the best way to make your taste buds happy.
3. Chicken Korma– This recipe was brought to India by Mughals from Central Asia. Mughals were very keen on eating rich food and always included dry fruits and nuts in their diet.
4. Grilled Hanger Steak– This recipe has a key ingredient that I am sure you all are aware of, it’s beef, and everyone worldwide loves to have it.
Lemon Chicken Recipe
- 4 pounds Chicken (legs and thighs)
- 4 teaspoons Lemon Zest
- ⅓ cup Lemon Juice
- 2 cloves Garlic (crushed)
- 2 tablespoons Thyme (freshly chopped)
- 2 teaspoons Rosemary (freshly chopped)
- Kosher Salt and Black Pepper (as per taste)
- 2 tablespoons Butter (melted)
- Lemon Slices (for garnishing)
- In a large bowl, mix rosemary, thyme, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Place the chicken in the bowl. Toss it so the chicken gets covered with the spices. Let it marinate for an hour.
- Then place the chicken in a baking dish. Place the dish in the oven and bake it for about 45 minutes.
- After that, take it out and let the chicken rest for some time.
- Garnish the chicken with lemon slices and serve.