Ever thought of any recipe which is tasty and super healthy? This sounds really surprising, right?. Many recipes are very tasty but lack that health factor. But this is not the case today.
Today we are going to make a recipe that is very famous in the country called Norway. Any guesses on what are we going to make? Well, this dish is made with main potatoes, flour, milk and cream.
It is really a healthy recipe and I am pretty sure you all will like it very much. This recipe is known as Lefse. It is a very easy recipe and has a very good amount of nutritional elements.
I have learned this dish by consulting various books and have searched online. I still make it very frequently and I find it very delicious. So today, I thought to share this Lefse recipe with you guys, so that you can also enjoy some Norwegian food at your home. But here are some other amazing recipes that you should definitely try.
1. Mama’s Cabbage– If you love eating healthy and green veggies, then try making Mama’s Cabbage at your home.
2. Vegan Pasta Salad– This Vegan Pasta Salad recipe is easy to whip up using a few simple ingredients, all tossed with a simple vinaigrette, it’s customizable, can be made ahead of time and of course – it’s absolutely delicious!
3. Garlic Noodles– They are also known as San Francisco Garlic Noodles. I have been eating and making garlic noodles since my childhood. These are very simple and easy to make.
4. Coconut Rice– Coconut rice is a dish prepared by soaking white rice in coconut milk or cooking it with coconut flakes.
Ingredients For Lefse
|Heavy cream||1/3 cup|
|All purpose flour||2 ½ cups|
This a very small list of ingredients and you will get them from any supermarket or the grocery store nearby.
This recipe is not that difficult to make and takes minimal time to get completed. It takes only an hour to make this amazing recipe. Here are the details below.
How Much Time It Will Take?
|Preparation time||Cooking time||Total time|
|30 minutes||30 minutes||1 hour|
I know you want me to tell you the secret of this recipe which makes it so delicious. Here we are, let’s start cooking the famous recipe of Lefse. This is the part that everyone waits for.
- In a pan, put some potatoes covered with water and bring it to a boil. After they are soft, rinse the potatoes with cold water through a potato ricer.
- Mix some butter, cream, salt along with the riced potatoes and keep it aside for a few minutes.
- Now take flour and mix it with the potato mixture, form dough of the same mixture and roll out Lefse balls of small size.
- Roll out these balls of lefse into thin sheets in round shape on a pastry cloth.
- Cook these lefse sheets on a hot griddle until it has changed its color to brown from each side and edges. Let it cool a little bit and it’s ready to serve.
So, this was the recipe of perfect Norwegian Lefse which you can easily make at home without ordering it from outside. Try this at your home and enjoy.
Nutritional Facts of Lefse
If you are a health-conscious person, then I’ve mentioned the nutritional breakdown of Lefse.
|Dietary fiber||5.5 gm|
How To Lefse at Home | Video
To make this recipe with more precision, here is a video that I would prefer. Watch this video and know the exact recipe.
I hope you guys like this Lefse recipe and please tell us your reviews and experiences in the comments box below. Till then stay safe and stay tuned for more recipes.