Looking for a delicious yet nutritious snack? Look no further than Lee Kum Kee lettuce wraps! In this article, we’ll show you how to make these wraps using Lee Kum Kee’s products and provide some tips on making them even tastier.
To make your own Lee Kum Kee lettuce wraps, sauté vegetables until tender. Once they’re cooked, add in the Lee Kum Kee sauce and stir to combine. Top lettuce leaves with a spoonful of the mixture and fold up the sides! Your Lee Kum Kee lettuce wrap is ready!
There are many ways to make delicious and nutritious lettuce wraps. I have used romaine lettuce leaves because they’re sturdy, but you can substitute any lettuce you like. Butter lettuce and iceberg lettuce would work well, too. You can also choose lean ground meat such as turkey or chicken for a healthier option.
Let us now dive into the delicious and nutritious lettuce wrap recipe. While scrolling down, you will find essential equipment and ingredients you will need to prepare this Chinese cuisine.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Lee Kum Kee Lettuce Wrap?
- Skillet – We will need a skillet to cook chopped meat, onion, and carrots.
- Serving Dish – We will need a serving dish to serve our crispy and minced meat in lettuce wrap.
- Knife – You will need a knife to chop onions, carrots, peanuts, and ground meat into small cubes.
- Cutting Board – use a cutting board to chop the tomatoes, shrimp, garlic, and avocados.
- Spatula – You will need a flat-surfaced spatula to mix all the ingredients well to maintain consistency.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Lee Kum Kee Lettuce Wrap?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||10 Minutes||15 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Lee Kum Kee Lettuce Wrap?
- Ground Meat – It is the base filling of lettuce wraps which will provide a delicious and filling flavor.
- Vegetables – You will need a variety of chopped vegetables, such as onions, carrots, celery, and peppers, to add to your ground meat for extra flavor and nutrition.
- Lee Kum Kee Panda Brand Sauce – This sauce is the perfect finishing touch to your lettuce wraps and adds a delicious savory, sweet, and tangy flavor that takes them to the next level.
- Nuts – We will need chopped nuts such as peanuts or almonds to add a crunchy texture and extra flavor to your lettuce wraps.
- Fresh Herbs – We will need fresh herbs such as cilantro or mint to add a bright and fresh flavor to your wraps.
- Lettuce – You’ll need lettuce leaves to wrap everything up! Choose sturdy lettuce such as iceberg or romaine so that your wraps don’t fall apart.
- Olive Oil – You will need olive oil to cook ground meat and veggies.
Steps To Make Lee Kum Kee Lettuce Wraps
1. Chop-Chop the Ingredients
Cut one onion and carrot into bite-sized pieces using a sharp knife. Finely dice the peanuts to add a crunchy texture to our lettuce wrap.
2. Preparing Ground Meat
Take a skillet, add one tablespoon of olive oil, add 1 lb or 500 grams of minced lean ground meat, and cook until it turns brown.
Add chopped onion, carrot, and peanuts to the cooked meat and stir until it is thoroughly cooked.
3. The Final Step
Now add Lee Kum Kee sauce and cook until the sauce begins to thicken. Prepare lettuce by separating the leaves and cut into a round shape; after cleaning and cook them until crisper.
Serve the prepared lettuce with a drizzle of the dressing and fill with a big spoonful of the stir-fried minced meat and vegetables.
Wrap the lettuce leaves tightly around the filling, using toothpicks or other similar objects to secure them if necessary.
|Saturated Fat||3.7 g|
How Will Lee Kum Kee Lettuce Wrap Look And Taste Like?
The Lee Kum Kee lettuce wraps look like tacos with lettuce leaves for taco shells. You can close the leaves completely to eat them like a wrap.
The ground meat and vegetable filling have a meaty, sweet, and spicy taste. The sauce is the main flavor agent and nicely combines all the flavors.
Lee Kum Kee Lettuce Recipe
- 1 lb. Lean Ground Turkey
- 1 cup Onion (chopped)
- 1 cup Carrots (chopped)
- 2 ½ oz. Peanuts (finely diced)
- 1 head Baby Romaine Lettuce (washed and separated into individual leaves)
- 1 (8-oz.) pouch Lee Kum Kee Panda Brand Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- Add olive oil to a large skillet and bring to medium-high heat. Add in minced ground meat and cook until browned.
- After that, add onions, carrots, and peanuts. Stir and cook until everything is thoroughly cooked.
- Add in the sauce and stir until everything is evenly coated in the sauce. Turn off the heat.
- Prepare lettuce by separating the leaves and cut into a round shape; after cleaning and cook them until crisper.
- Serve the prepared lettuce with a drizzle of the dressing and fill with a big spoonful of the stir-fried minced meat and vegetables.
There are many ways to cook delicious and nutritious lettuce wraps. With a bit of creativity, you can make healthy and delicious wraps.
You will love these wraps. Do not forget to tell us about your experience in the comment section. Stay tuned with us for more recipes.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is lettuce wrap sauce made of?
The ingredients for the lettuce wrap sauce are soy sauce, hoisin sauce, rice vinegar, sugar, sesame oil, and cornstarch for thickening.
What is the best lettuce to use for lettuce wraps?
You can use any green leafy lettuce for lettuce wraps, but they should be crunchy and sturdy. Some popular types of lettuce include Boston bib lettuce and romaine hearts.
How do I make my lettuce leaves crisp?
Crisp it up by soaking cut lettuce in ice water for a few minutes. Then, spin dry as you usually would, which is excellent for slightly wilted lettuce.