This new boss of veggies is even going to give sulked vegetables like bottle gourd (lauki) a lively taste. A taste which is going to melt in your mouths making veggies far interesting tries at least. Now the lava burst taste of gravy is going to be turned into a molten one to add on to the slow savour of this mouth-watering dish.
Like every second, I used to hate lauki, I don’t know the reason but it is true and one day, a tragedy happened to me my mother made Lauki Kofta and I denied that by saying- I don’t want to eat this but that day my mother forced me a lot to taste her Lauki Kofta recipe. And I ate it and I found it so tasty that it included in my favourite dishes. Today, I will share the Lauki Kofta recipe of my mother with my lovely people.
Here LAUKI KOFTA is mixed with the luscious tomato base gravy slightly loosened with water to make it a curry.
Let’s journey to this molten lava of spices making our food even more delightful. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Shahi Kaju Aloo with Cream– This Mughalai Shahi Kaju Aloo Ki Sabzi is a rich creamy curry prepared with cashews, milk, and curd. The curry is a must-have on the dinner feast as it not only shows grandeur but also flavourful.
2. Carne Asada– Marinated flank or skirt steak is grilled to perfection for the best Authentic Carne Asada recipe. This tender, grilled meat is full of authentic Mexican flavor.
3. Goulash– Stewing meat and vegetables with seasonings and other spices, homemade Goulash is one of the best dishes ever. Tracing the origins back to Hungary, it is commonly eaten in many parts of Europe. A pure delight!
4. Dahi Gosht– Dahi Ghost (also known as Curd Lamb Curry) is a thick, creamy meat curry that is most popular in the northern part of India. Dahi Ghost is popular for its deliciousness and spicy taste.
Ingredients required for Lauki Kofta Recipe
|Gram flour||4 tbsp|
|Green chili||2 tsp|
|Dry coriander leaves||1 tsp|
|Red chili powder||1 tsp|
|Turmeric powder||¾ tsp|
|Grated lauki||2 cup|
|Sunflower seeds||2 tbsp|
|Cumin Seeds||1 tbsp|
|Chopped Onion||2 units|
|Cumin seed powder||½ tsp|
|Garam masala||¼ tsp|
|Coriander leaves||Enough to garnish or 2 tsp|
How Much Time It Will Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|30 MINS||30 MINS||60 MINS|
Lauki Kofta Recipe
To Make Dumplings
- In a bowl add 4 tbsp gram flour, 1 tsp green chilli, 1 tsp ginger, ½ tsp garlic, and 1 tsp dry coriander leaves.
- Now add 1 tsp salt, ½ tsp red chilli powder, ¼ tsp turmeric powder, grated lauki and some water.
- Mix it all to make A dough.
- Give them small round shapes.
- Now in a pre-heated pan add 1 tbsp sunflower oil and let it heat.
- Cook these round shape dumplings in it from both sides.
- Put them on a plate.
To Make Gravy
- In a preheated pan add 1 tbsp sunflower oil and let it heat.
- Now add cumin seeds to it and roast it.
- Add chopped onions to it and cook it well.
- Now add 1 tsp garlic, ½ tsp ginger, 1 tsp green chilli, 1 tsp salt, ½ tsp red chilli powder, ½ tsp turmeric powder, ½ tsp cumin seed powder and ¼ tsp garam masala.
- Mix it well.
- Now add chopped tomatoes and cook it well on a medium flame.
- Now add ½ cup water to it.
- Cook it till it gives a thick texture.
- Add coriander leaves.
- Place the dumplings in a serving tray and pour the grave on it.
- Serve hot.
Using the exact Lauki Kofta recipe, feel the GRAVYLICIOUS boss on your tongue add on to your taste with molten spices and blasted spicy LAUKI KOFTA. Give your plate a brown colour and enjoy the beautiful sight so created.
Nutritional Facts Of Lauki Kofta Recipe