LA water is one of the easiest and most awesome cocktails you can make at home. In this post, I will share how you can make LA water in just one step. The recipe is inspired from the LA river water which has a dark greenish color.
Making LA water is very easy. You need vodka, tequila, gin, triple sec, rum, melon liquor, sweet and sour, raspberry liquor, and blue curacao.
Take a glass and add ice. Then mix all the beverages, and LA water is ready to serve.
Instead of using store-bought sour mix make your own by mixing 1 oz of lemon juice with .75 oz of simple syrup.
Make sure you use the right amount of beverages to make the perfect LA water. But there are many other drinks that we’ve covered in our blog. You should check them as well.
What's In The Post
Other Drinks Recipes That You Can Try
- Classic Cherry Manhattan Recipe
- Starbucks Eggnog Latte Recipe
- Refreshing Orange Martini Recipe
- Starbucks Caramel Brulee Latte Recipe
- Spicy Jalapeno Infused Tequila Recipe
- Refreshing Sangria Margarita Recipe
- Premium Sugar Cookie Martini Recipe
- Fruity Purple Rain Cocktail Recipe
- Sweet Pineapple Margarita Recipe
- Smoked Butterscotch Latte Recipe
What Equipment Will You Need To Make LA Water?
- Glass – Prepare LA water in a glass by combining everything.
- Spoon – Stir the ingredients with a spoon until well combined.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make LA Water?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||–||5 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make LA Water?
- Vodka – Vodka is usually used in cocktails to add a slightly oily mouthfeel with some sweetness.
- Tequila – Use Blanco tequila for this recipe.
- Gin – Gin will add citrusy and spiciness to the cocktail.
- Triple Sec – Triple sec will add sweetness with orange flavor, offsetting notes of spice, earthiness, or smoke that the other spirits provide.
- Rum – The rum is often used in La water to bring out the sweetness, with notes of vanilla, caramel, and oak.
- Sweet And Sour – Sweet and sour mix will add a refreshing kick to the cocktail.
- Melon Liquor – Melon liqueur will add a burst of sweetness and vibrant green color to your cocktail.
- Raspberry Liquor – With its signature delicate but sweet flavor combination of raspberry liqueur is perfect for your water.
- Blue Curacao – Blue curacao liqueur will add a deep blue Caribbean color with a fine flavor of bitter and sweet oranges.
Steps To Make LA Water
1. It’s One-Step Process
Take a glass and put everything it in it with ice. Add vodka, tequila, gin, rum, melon, and raspberry liquor. Mix it well and pour triple sec, sweet and sour, and blue curacao.
Stir it with a spoon and garnish orange wedge and serve.
And this is it; your LA water cocktail is ready. Yes, it is this simple. You can make it in your next part within no time.
How Will LA Water Look And Taste Like?
Looking for a refreshing cocktail to cool down with this summer? Try the L.A. water! This cocktail is made with vodka, and it’s the perfect way to enjoy the taste of L.A.’s water.
This LA water drink is based on the famous L.A. water, which is dark greenish. It tastes very good. This drink has a lot of white spirits hence increased alcohol content alongside tasty liqueurs too.
LA Water Recipe
- ½ ounces Vodka
- ½ ounces Tequila
- ½ ounces Gin
- ½ ounces Rum
- ½ ounces Melon liquor
- ½ ounces Triple Sec
- ½ ounces Sweet and Sour
- ½ ounces Raspberry liquor
- ½ ounces Blue Curacao
- Take a glass and put everything it in it with ice.
- Start by adding vodka, tequila, gin, rum, melon liquor, and raspberry liquor.
- Mix it well and pour triple sec, sweet and sour, and blue curacao.
- Stir it with a spoon and garnish orange wedge and serve.
- And this is it, your LA Water Cocktail is ready.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is LA water made of?
Raspberry, melon liqueur, and blue curacao give this deliciously strong cocktail a color that resembles, well… The LA River. 1. Add ice to tall glass before pouring over vodka, gin, tequila, rum, triple sec, sweet and sour, melon liqueur, raspberry liqueur and blue curaçao.
Is L.A. water drink safe to drink?
Technically, the tap water in LA is regularly monitored to adhere to set state and federal water quality limits, so it’s legally safe to drink.
Why does L.A. water taste different?
The taste is due to the accelerated growth of some algae compounds in the warmer weather. Cyanobacteria, formerly referred to as blue-green algae, can create two compounds – geosmin and methylisoborneol (MIB) – that are responsible for the unpleasant odor and taste.
How do you make LA water taste better?
Quick DIY methods to make tap water taste better
Add lemon or citrus fruits to improve the taste of chlorine.
Add cucumber to reduce the smell of chlorine.
Add mint for a crisp taste.
Infuse with herbs, spices, or floral water.
Use flavored cubes.
Let it sit for a few hours.
I hope you’ve liked this LA water cocktail recipe. Make sure to check other cocktails on TheFoodXp blog and do share your reviews on the comments section as well.