Kung Pao chicken is an easy Chinese recipe. It is a fried chicken served in a delicious sauce. The chicken is marinated with spices and then fried. Then, the sauce is made by sauteing vegetables and adding sauces and spice blend to it. Grab a chair and check out the complete recipe for Kung Pao chicken.
With this recipe, you will fall in love with Chinese cuisine. It is delicious and the flavors hit home. The phrase Kung Pao literally means to stir fry and serve with sauce. Let’s dive in to know more!
To make Kung Pao chicken, marinate chicken in corn flour, egg white, vinegar, and spices and then fry it. After that, heat oil in a pan and cook onions, bell peppers, and chilies in it. Add ketchup, soya sauce, red chili sauce, ginger garlic paste, and spices to it. Also, add water and cornstarch.
If you don’t have soy sauce available, you can use a substitute for it. Here is a list for dark soy sauce substitutes for you.
Cook it for some time and then add the fried chicken to it. Cook for a few minutes and serve. This isn’t enough, check out the detailed list of required equipment, ingredients, nutritional facts, and instructions in the article below. There are other main course recipes on our blog that you should also check.
1. Meatloaf With Oatmeal– Meatloaf with oatmeal is an easy and healthy recipe to make. The addition of oatmeal to the traditional meatloaf makes for a great revamp. It takes the same amount of time as the traditional meatloaf but it is just a bit better.
2. Kung Pao Pork– Kung Pao Pork has a myriad variety of strong flavors like sweet, salty, savory, and sometimes it is required heating of Sichuan pepper.
3. Avocado Sushi– My Japanese friend introduced sushi to me and subsequently, Avocado Sushi. She cooks deliciously and often invites me to her home for dinner. She does wonders with it by adding cucumber and avocado, making the dish even yummier and mouth-watering.
4. Chinese Mixed Vegetable Stir-Fry– A continental veggie mix, an indie spice mix; all we need is the balance of Chinese cuisine leading to a perfect taste in one dish. Life can be lead carefree but at times we need a balance to hold us down to a correct thing.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Kung Pao Chicken?
- Skillet – Take a skillet to prepare the gravy for Kinbg pao chicken.
- Bowl – Marinate the chicken using a bowl.
- Ladle – Stir in the elements with a help of a ladle.
- Frying Pan – Fry the coated chiclen in a frying pan.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Kung Pao Chicken?
|Preparation Time||Resting Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||10 Minutes||30 Minutes||50 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Kung Pao Chicken?
- Chicken Breasts – Take half a pound of chicken breast to prepare king pao chicken.
- Corn Flour – Coat the chicken strips with cornflour to achive nice and crisp texture. Moreover, add a teaspoon of cornflour mixed with water to thicken the gravy.
- Bell Pepper – Add colorful bell pepperts for savory blend to the recipe.
- Green Onion – Adding green onions will bring out sharp and peppery flavors.
- Green Chili – Take some chopped green chili slice to add in the gravy.
- Canola Oil – Use any oil to fry the chicken and prepare the recipe. Here we used canola oil.
- Peanuts – Kung Pao style chicken recipe is combined with veggies and peanuts. Add roasted peanuts for nutty aromatic blend.
- Red Chili Powder – Spice up the Kung Pao chicken recipe with a teaspoon of chili powder.
- Soy Sauce – Glaze the gravy with a tablespoon of soy sauce.
- White Vinegar – Brighten up the flavors of Kung Pao chicken with a teaspoon of white vineagar.
- Salt – Add salt to your taste.
- Black Pepper – Season the gravy and chicken with a pinch of black pepper.
- Tomato Ketchup – Balnace the spicy flavors with a teaspoon fo tomato ketchup.
- Garlic-Ginger Paste – Add a tablespoon of ginger-garlic paste for aromatic flavors.
- Red Chili Sauce – Add a tablespoon of red chili sauce for thick and spicy gravy.
Steps To Make Kung Pao Chicken
1. Cook The Chicken
Take a bowl, add finely chopped chicken strips, red chili powder, vinegar, salt, black pepper, and cornflour. Coat the chicken evenly with spices. Fry the batches of chicken in a preheated canola oil.
2. Gold Rush
The next step is to prepare the gravy. Take a skillet, add oil, ginger-garlic paste, green chili, onions, and bell pepper. Saute evenly. Then, add soy sauce, red chili sauce, and tomato ketchup to the mixture. Moving forward, add salt, pepper, water, and cornflour mixed with water. Let it all cook and simmer until the sauce is thickened and reduced to half. On top of the coked gravy add fried chicken strips to the pan and mix it well. Turn off the flame when it is cooked and garnish it with crushed peanuts.
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
How Will Kung Pao Chicken Look And Taste Like?
Kung Pao chicken looks appealing with colorful veggies. Crispy chicken added with the fresh veggies taste delectable. Moreover, the crushed peanuts will enhance the flavors and bring out the nutty aroma of the Kung Pao chicken.
Kung Pao Chicken Recipe
- 250 g Chicken Breasts
- ½ cup Corn Flour
- ½ cup Bell Pepper
- ½ cup Green Onion
- 2 Green Chili
- 2 tablespoons Canola Oil
- ½ cup Peanuts
- 1 tablespoon Red Chili Powder
- 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon White Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Black Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Tomato Ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Garlic And Ginger Paste
- 1 tablespoon Red Chili Sauce
- Cut the chicken breasts in small slices and place it in a bowl.
- Now, add cornflour, salt, red chili powder, soya sauce, vinegar, and keep it aside for 10 minutes.
- Fry the marinated chicken to perfection.
- Then in a skillet add oil, ginger-garlic paste, bell peppers, onion, and green chili. Fry until they turn brown.
- Then, add soy sauce, red chili sauce, and tomato ketchup to the mixture. Moving forward, add salt, pepper, water, and cornflour mixed with water. Let it all cook and simmer until the sauce is thickened and reduced to half.
- On top of the cooked gravy add fried chicken strips to the pan and mix it well. Turn off the flame when it is cooked and garnish it with crushed peanuts.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is Kung Pao sauce made of?
Kung Pao sauce is prepared with soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, and chili powder.
What is typically in Kung Pao Chicken?
Kung Pao chicken is commonly prepared with marinated chicken, stir-fried veggies, and glazing thick and flavorful gravy sauce.
What does Kung Pao Chicken taste like?
Kung Pao chicken has a sweet, spicy, and savory blend of flavors. The peanuts bring out the nutty flavor.
How long does Kung Pao sauce last?
The shelf life for Kung Pao sauce is up to 6 months. You can store the sauce in a container for a maximum of 6 months.
Grab your apron and get started to make Kung Pao chicken at home with us. Check out all the details in the article above. Don’t forget to share your culinary experience with us in the comment section below.