Kung pao chicken is an easy Chinese recipe. It is a fried chicken served in a delicious sauce. The chicken is marinated with spices and then fried. Then, the sauce is made by sauteing vegetables and adding sauces and spices to it. When the sauce is dense enough, the fried chicken is added to it. You can eat Kung Pao chicken with rice.
I love Chinese cuisine. It is delicious and the flavors hit home. This is the reason I try to cook more and more Chinese food at home. One such recipe that I have mastered is the Kung Pao chicken. The phrase Kung Pao literally means to stir fry and serve with sauce.
To make Kung Pao chicken, marinate chicken in cornflour, egg white, vinegar, and spices and then fry it. After that, heat oil in a pan and cook onions, bell peppers, and chilies in it. Add ketchup, soya sauce, red chili sauce, ginger garlic paste, and spices to it. Also, add water and cornstarch. Cook it for some time and then add the fried chicken to it. Cook for a few minutes and serve.
This is just a snippet of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Meatloaf With Oatmeal– Meatloaf with oatmeal is an easy and healthy recipe to make. The addition of oatmeal to the traditional meatloaf makes for a great revamp. It takes the same amount of time as the traditional meatloaf but it is just a bit better.
2. Kung Pao Pork– Kung Pao Pork has a myriad variety of strong flavors like sweet, salty, savory, and sometimes it is required heating of Sichuan pepper.
3. Avocado Sushi– My Japanese friend introduced sushi to me and subsequently, Avocado Sushi. She cooks deliciously and often invites me to her home for dinner. She does wonders with it by adding cucumber and avocado, making the dish even yummier and mouth-watering.
4. Chinese Mixed Vegetable Stir-Fry– A continental veggie mixes, an indie spice mix; all we need is the balance of Chinese cuisine leading to a perfect taste in one dish. Life can be lead carefree but at times we need a balance to hold us down to a correct thing.
Kung Pao Chicken Recipe
- 2 Pans
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 5 teaspoons Corn Flour
- 2 Green Onion (thickly chopped)
- 1 cup Green Bell Peppers (chopped)
- 4 Green Chilies (sliced)
- 2 teaspoons Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 teaspoon Peanuts
- 1 Egg White
- 3 cups Oil
- 2 teaspoons Tomato Ketchup
- 1 cup Water
- 1 teaspoon Red Chili Sauce
- 2 teaspoons Soya Sauce
- ½ teaspoons Vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Red Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper Powder
- Crushed Peanuts and Green Onions (for garnish)
- Cut the chicken breasts in small slices and place it in a bowl.
- Now, add cornflour, salt, red chilli powder, soya sauce, vinegar, and egg white to it. Mix it all and keep it aside for half an hour.
- Heat 2 cups of oil in a pan. Add chicken slices to it and fry them for 5 minutes on medium flame. Place them on a plate.
- In another preheated pan, add a tablespoon of oil. Now, add green chillies, green onions, and green bell pepper to it. Cook them but not completely.
- Now, add tomato ketchup, red chili sauce, and soya sauce to it. Also, add salt, 1 cup of water, black pepper powder, and ginger garlic paste. Mix it all bring it to a boil.
- In a small bowl, make a paste of 2 teaspoons of cornflour and water.
- Add it to the above mixture slowly while stirring.
- When the gravy gets thick, do not add any more cornflour paste.
- Add the above fried chicken and peanuts to it
- Mix it thoroughly. Now, garnish it with crushed peanuts and green onions.
- Serve hot.