Every one of us likes to prepare such a gourmet dish which makes us feel like a 5-star gourmet restaurant chef. Today I am going to fulfil this wish of yours. The recipe I am going to share with you today is Kohlrabi Noodles. Hearing of noodles, you must be wondering that it will be a recipe with lots of calories in it. But hold your horses, the noodles here are made of the kohlrabi vegetable with the spiralizer.
Kohlrabi noodles are low carb and flavorful noodles. The sweetness of this vegetable will make a great combination with other spices used in the recipe. It is a gluten-free recipe, so it is a perfect dish for the health-conscious people out there.
This recipe will be a bit hit in your house. Even the kids will love it as they will be happy having the noodles. Though, they will be unaware of the fact that these will be made out of a vegetable. So let’s get started with the recipe.
Ingredients for Kohlrabi Noodles
|Kohlrabi bulbs (peeled and trimmed)||3|
|Bacon Slices (cut into small pieces)||4|
|Yellow Onion||½ medium sliced|
|Olive Oil||1 tablespoon|
|Parmesan Cheese||½ cup grated|
The ingredients required are super easy to find in any supermarket. But the most important tool needed is the spiraliser with which you need to make noodle of kohlrabi. So arrange it beforehand. Check the time taken to prepare this recipe and start-up with the steps.
How Much Time Will It Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|20 minutes||25 minutes||45 minutes|
Such a healthy recipe in less than an hour. What else one can ask for. This recipe is easy to prepare. The only time consuming time will be to make noodles with the kohlrabi. Rest you have to stir in everything and voila. It will be ready.
Kohlrabi Noodles Recipe
- The first and foremost step is to make noodles out of kohlrabi with the help of a spiralizer.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium flame. To it add bacon and onion and cook until the bacon turns crispy and onions get caramelized. It will take 10-12 minutes. Keep them aside in a small bowl.
- Do not strain all the oil, keep a tablespoon of oil in the skillet to cook further.
- Now, add kohlrabi noodles in the skillet and sprinkle some salt. Cook them over medium flame with constant stirring. Cook for 12-14 minutes, till they become soft. Add butter, half of the parmesan cheese, bacon and onions to it. Stir well.
- Serve them immediately and top it with the rest of the parmesan cheese.
You will love the fact that you will eat noodle without any guilt. These are so healthy as kohlrabi is a vegetable full of nutrients. You would not have tasted these type of noodles before. So make them quickly and try them. You will love them for sure.
Nutritional Breakdown of Kohlrabi Noodles
Are you thinking of trying out this recipe? Make sure you try making it at home as its worth trying. And also find the comment section below and please add your reviews and any suggestion. We will be delighted to help you out and work on your suggestions. Thank you!