There are so many dishes that you can make from cabbage and if you love cabbages, then this recipe is for you. Today, I’ll be sharing the recipe of Kielbasa and Cabbage that is not just a joy to be eaten but also to be made.
Kielbasa and cabbage has an origin from Poland and it is a special dish infused with some special Polish flavours. It is a very staple household food as it is very easy to make and will be liked by the people of all age groups. I learnt this recipe from my grandmother who loves cabbage and today, I am going to show you her authentic recipe.
Kielbasa and Cabbage is very easy to make. Just cook some bacon and add water, onions, sugar, red pepper flakes, garlic, caraway seeds and seasoned salt in a different skillet and cook. Now add cabbage in it and after some time, put bacon and kielbasa to complete your recipe.
This is just an overview of this healthy kielbasa and cabbage recipe. You will find a more proper version of this recipe below along with the proper ingredients, timings and the nutrients present on this recipe. So let’s check them out.
Ingredients For Kielbasa And Cabbage
- ¼ cups Water
- 6 slices Bacon
- 1 Onion
- 2 tablespoon Sugar
- ¼ teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 teaspoon Minced Garlic
- 3 teaspoon Caraway Seeds
- ¼ teaspoon Seasoning Salt
- 1 pound Polish Kielbasa
- 1 Cabbage
Get all these ingredients from your nearby market and prepare yourself for the cooking this amazing Polish recipe. Let’s firstly check out the time it will be taking to get prepared.
How Much Time It Will Take To Make Kielbasa And Cabbage?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 minutes||20 minutes||30 minutes|
As you can see, it only takes 40 minutes to make this amazing recipe in which there is 10 minutes of preparation and 30 minutes of cooking. Let’s check how it is prepared.
Steps To Make Kielbasa And Cabbage
- Firstly take a large skillet and put it on medium flame and cook bacon properly till its colour turns brown and flip it, now take out the bacon from the skillet and remove and keep the drippings aside keeping the bacon on tissues.
- Now take the drippings and add in water, onions, sugar, red pepper flakes, garlic, caraway seeds, seasoned salt, and stir them properly.
- Next step is to add in the cabbage and stir it properly. After that, cover the skillet and keep cooking the mixture at a medium flame for 10 minutes.
- Next step is to add in kielbasa and cook it for extra 10 to 15 minutes and then add bacon to the top and serve it hot.
Your super easy and incredibly tasty cabbage recipe is ready. Make it at home and everyone is going to love it.
Nutritional Breakdown Of Kielbasa And Cabbage
A calorie count with other vital nutrients of kielbasa and cabbage has been added above do check it out.
How To Make Kielbasa And Cabbage At Home | Video
Here is the video to help you in every step. If you want to know more details of the recipe, kindly watch this video as it will guide you through your way.
Surely give a try to this recipe and share your reviews in the comments down below. If you have any queries feel free to drop them in the comments. I will get back to you as soon as possible.