Last month, I visited Gujrat and I am a foodie who wants food every time. I visited every place like Sabarmati Ashram and saw a statue of unity also. I went to a traditional restaurant there and the thing I ate is Khaman Dhokla (also known as Steamed Besan Dhokla) but that day I felt good after eating that Dhokla because before that day I ate a lot of khaman dhokla but I found it very delicious.
I went to the chef of that restaurant and asked him about the recipe but he did not give me the recipe but he suggested a book from where I will get the recipe of Khaman Dhokla.
I went to the market and buy that book just for the Khaman Dhokla Recipe can you imagine this. Today, I will give you the best Khaman Dhokla Recipe which is very tasty and you will find it very interesting after you eat it.
Come let’s see the steps of Gujarati Khaman Dhokla Recipe.
Ingredients for Khaman Dhokla | Steamed Besan Dhokla
|Gram Flour (besan)||1 cup|
|Citric Acid||1 tbsp|
|Turmeric Powder||¼ tsp|
|Water||Enough to make batter|
|Baking powder (Dissolved in water)||1 tbsp|
|Mustard seeds||½ tbsp|
|Dried Red Chilli||1 unit|
|Curry leaves||7-8 units|
Khaman Dhokla Recipe
- In a bowl mix gram flour, citric acid, salt, sugar, and turmeric. Add water and make it into a smooth batter with medium-thick consistency.
- In a glass, make add the fruit salt or baking powder. Add water to it and pour this into the dhokla mixture.
- Grease the steaming tin with 2 drops of oil and pour the mixture into it. Steam for about 15-20 minutes or till cooked.
- In a pan, add oil, mustard seeds, curry leaves, and red chilies. Let it splutter.
- Pour the tadka over the prepared dhokla.
- Cut into pieces and serve hot.
Make one such all rounder dish in life and enjoy to the fullest. Savor the state specialty.
Stay tuned for more such recipes to add on to your life…
How much time it will take:
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 MINS||25 MINS||30 MINS|
Nutritional Information of Khaman Dhokla Recipe