Now, this is just so pleasing that I feel like I can open my own restaurant sooner enough. Making myself something KFC style is the best part you just need a cooking hand and you can rule down each of ’em. The best guideline to make KFC Chicken Drumstick Recipe. It is one of the most loved on the chicken menu of Kentucky Fried Chicken, and this takes us to find your lovers a way to make it for yourself anyplace you wish to. So, this is the homemade version of KFC’s Original-Style Chicken Drumstick with KFC 11-ingredient seasoning blend.
How much time it will take:
|20 minutes||40 minutes||60 minutes|
KFC Original Recipe Chicken Drumstick Ingredients
|Chicken Drumsticks||Anything between 4-6 (as per requirement)|
|Neutral Oil (for frying)||02 quarts or 1895 ml|
|All-Purpose Flour||1 ½ cup|
|Brown Sugar||01 tbsp|
|Kosher Salt||01 tbsp|
KFC Spice blend Ingredients
|Marjoram (Dried)||½ tsp|
|Basil (Dried)||½ tsp|
|Oregano (Dried)||½ tsp|
|Ground Allspice||½ tsp|
|Garlic Powder||½ tsp|
|Sage (Dried)||½ tsp|
|Celery Salt||½ tsp|
|Black Pepper||1 tsp|
|Chili Powder||1 tsp|
|Onion Salt||2 tsps|
KFC Original Recipe Chicken Drumstick Video
How to make KFC Original Chicken Drumstick at Home
- Preheat fryer to 350°F. Thoroughly join together all the spice blend ingredients.
- Add the spice moin with flour, brown sugar and salt.
- Dip chicken pieces in egg white to lightly coat them, then put them in the flour mixture.
- See to it that the flour mixture is coated to the chicken nicely and completely. Repeat the process with all the chicken pieces.
- Let chicken pieces rest for 5 minutes so crust dries a bit.
- Fry Chicken Drumsticks for 20 minutes (approx).
- Let chicken drain on a few paper towels when it comes out of the fryer. Serve hot.
- The spice blend used in a KFC fried chicken is not completely known but we think this version is pretty closer! It uses herbs and spices that are either easily available or kept in store. If you have a fairly stocked pantry, you might only need to pick up one or two additional spices to make this. The spice blends will moin in the flour enough to come down to the normal spice needed in your normal food, a pleasantry to your taste buds.
- Adding brown sugar to the flour mixture is not like you are making a Gujarati dish or something, it is so you can balance the spices and bring it to a great savory.
- The classic restaurant version has a thinner crust, so bread the chicken once. And egg white is just the right dipping for the flour mixture needs something to stick to.
- After each piece of chicken is well-coated, let them rest for a few minutes so the crusts can dry out. To have a fried chicken with a great crust one has to prevent the crust from falling off in the fryer.
- Breasts and wings cook faster than legs and thighs. The white meat (breast/wings) will take 12-14 minutes (depending on thickness) and thighs and legs will take a few minutes longer. However, these are rough guidelines. Really thick breasts can take closer to 20. So the best thing to do (as always) uses a meat thermometer and make sure the chicken hits an internal temperature of 165°
Nutritional Facts about KFC Original Recipe Chicken Drumstick
|Amount per 1 serving||% daily value|
|Carbohydrates||8 g||11 %|
Stay tuned for more amazing flavors and recipes. Don’t forget to share your personal twist to this delicious KFC Chicken Drumstick recipe in the comment section below.
Source: Macheesmo from Tablespoon.com and YouTube