The KFC Honey BBQ sauce is a sweet and spicy sauce. It is one of KFC’s many delicious sauces. The sauce has a smoky flavor that comes from the added liquid smoke. This knockoff sauce brings out the barbeque feel to whatever it is added to. It goes great with the fried and breaded chicken. Let’s peep into the recipe and some details!
The sauce has ketchup that makes it tangy. On top of that, the molasses adds sweetness and gives a dark color to the sauce. There are also some spices in the sauce, like onion powder and chili powder. Bring out some aroma and spice up the sauce with these two spices.
This is not the “throw in the bowl and mix kind of sauce”. It is a “add and simmer in a pan” kind of sauce. Yes, you will have to mix and reduce the ingredients to make a thick and flavorful sauce. Don’t worry! It won’t take you less than half an hour.
In just 10 minutes of a boil, the copycat KFC honey BBQ sauce will be ready. See the detailed list of equipment, ingredients, nutritional facts, and instructions. Prior to making the sauce recipe, check out our other copycat recipes from KFC down below.
1. KFC Potato Wedges – KFC potato wedges are crispy and lightly flavored potato bites. The potato wedges are dipped in egg and milk mixture then tossed with seasoned flour. These potatoes have the flavors of pepper, paprika, garlic, and salt. These potatoes are then fried until its golden brown.
2. KFC 11 Secret Herbs and Spices – KFC 11 secret herbs and spices is a spice blend made from KFC’s 11 secret herbs and pieces like paprika, onion powder, salt, rubbed sage, garlic powder, allspice, oregano, chili powder, basil leaves, marjoram leaves, etc. You can use this spice blend to add herbal aromatic flavors to many main course dishes.
3. KFC Chicken Nuggets – KFC chicken nuggets are bite-sized fried chicken pieces. These chicken bites are crispy and filled with the flavors of egg mixture and hot sauce. You can enjoy these spicy chicken nuggets as an appetizer with your meal. This dish is served with ketchup, dip, or BBQ sauce.
4. KFC Gravy – KFC gravy is made from a smooth and flavorsome roux. This gravy has the flavors of butter, onion, and seasoning spices. It can be enjoyed with chicken, beef, or can be drizzled over the KFC bowl, or mashed potatoes. This gravy gives rich umami essence to the dish it’s paired with.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make KFC Honey BBQ Sauce?
- Small Saucepan – Add the sauces, spices, and liquid smoke and place the pan over the heat to make your thick BBQ sauce.
- Wooden Spoon – Use the wooden sauce for stirring the sauce in the saucepan.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make KFC Honey BBQ Sauce?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||15 Minutes||20 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make KFC Honey BBQ Sauce?
- Ketchup – The ketchup makes the sauce sweet and tangy.
- White Vinegar – The white vinegar gives the sauce some much-needed tangy notes.
- Molasses – Adding molasses will bring out pure sweetness to the sauce. Molasses also gives it a distinct dark color.
- Honey – Honey makes the sauce sweet and flavorful.
- Liquid Smoke – You can use hickory flavored liquid smoke to make this delicious smoky sauce.
- Salt – Add salt to your taste.
- Onion Powder – Brinhg out an aromatic blend to your sauce with a teaspoon of onion powder.
- Chilli Powder – Spice up the sauce with a tespoon of chili powder.
Steps To Make KFC Honey BBQ Sauce
1. The Sauce In The Saucepan
Take a saucepan and add ketchup, molasses, honey, white vinegar, and liquid smoke to it. Also, add onion powder, chili powder, and salt to it. All your ingredients are now in the saucepan.
2. Heat Game
Place the saucepan over heat and stir using a spoon. Then, simmer and reduce the sauce for about 15 minutes until it is thick. You want a thick and dark sauce. When it is thick enough, take the pan off the heat. Your delicious KFC honey BBQ sauce is ready!
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Monosaturated Fat||1 g|
How Will The KFC Honey BBQ Sauce Look And Taste Like?
The KFC honey BBQ sauce is a dark-colored sweet and spicy sauce. It is thick and goes great with fried chicken, breaded or naked. The sauce is sweet and spicy with tangy undertones. The liquid smoke adds the BBQ factor to the sauce. You can use it as a dip or as a glaze, and it’s up to you.
KFC Honey BBQ Sauce Recipe
- 1 ¼ cups Ketchup
- ⅓ cup White Vinegar
- ¼ cup Molasses
- ¼ cup Honey
- 1 teaspoon Liquid Smoke
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Onion Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Chili Powder
- Take a saucepan and add ketchup, molasses, honey, white vinegar, and liquid smoke to it. Also, add onion powder, chili powder, and salt to it.
- Place the saucepan over heat and stir using a spoon. Then, simmer and reduce the sauce for about 15 minutes until it is thick.
- When it is thick, take the pan off the heat. Your delicious KFC honey BBQ sauce is ready!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is in KFC honey BBQ sauce?
The KFC barbecue sauce is prepared with molasses, white vinegar, liquid smoke, honey, salt, ketchup, onion powder, and chili powder
Is KFC Honey BBQ Wings spicy?
KFC honey barbecue sauce is a little spicy. However, honey balances the spice with its sweet flavors.
Does KFC have honey mustard?
Yes, KFC serves honey mustard along with other delectable flavors.
Is KFC’s Honey Sauce real honey?
KFC doesn’t serve real honey, instead, they offer honey-flavored sauces.
This was the complete recipe for the KFC Honey BBQ sauce. Try to make this sweet and spicy honey BBQ sauce at home and tell me in the comments how well you liked it. See you with another recipe. Until then, happy eating!